Wk of June 3--WISH Walking/Running Club

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from non-running beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

TigerLily03 said:
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything. You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

WISH Racing Team

Abra Cat Kristi NC
akasleepingbeauty Rhonda TX
aladdinsgirl Krista OH
AmyBeth68 Amy NJ
andromedaslove Dana FL
angietuck2 Angie FL
bekagain Bekah
bekkiz WA
BiggerTigger Jeff FL
Big Vic Vic FL
blueroses WA
Buckalew11 Brenda TN
Calcio Craig MA
CarolA Carol GA
CaroleD Carole ON
cdn gal eeyore Leana Alberta
Chernabog#1Fan FL
ChiFiveO Donna IL
chimera Mel FL
Chropistopy Christy GA
Cindylou Cindy
Cingoutload Dawn GA
CrazySecretRecipe Jennifer FL
Cruella de Mom Cecilia GA
crzy4pooh Lynnda FL
DaddyBeast Kevin TX
deekaypee ND
Dennyha Denny OH
DianeL Diane
disneybelle Darcey NJ
DisneyGirl Marissa
disneyrun
disnutt Kiena OH
DJBounce Darcey IA
donac Dona NJ
DreamBeliever IL
dthogue Tammy PA
Duanerice Duane FL
eeyore45 Sandy IL
escape Susie AR
fabumouse NJ
FirstTimertoDiz Lisa PA
FungLu Brett OR
gatorphipps Christa NC
getnthinr Wendy NC
goingthedistance Paul NM
goofyguy1958 Mike
Goofyin08forErica Erica KY
gsu1988 Ken GA
Hey Mickey Erica NY
HMHunters
Hockeychic Kim CAN
hockeygirl Laurie NY
Honeibee Judy NY
hoosmi Jen GA
jam217 PA
JCTigger Jill MA
jeanneg Jeanne NC
Jen117 Jen WI
Jennasis NC
jimmduck
jodistar Jodi CT
karebear1 Karen OR
Kareneast Karen NJ
keenercam Cam DE
KeenHo Howard DE
KelNottAt Kelley MD
Kimickey Kim MD
Kim10110 Kim
Kristi1357 Kristi NH
lenshanem Shan
Lexxiefern Becky MA
lillouisianagal Claire LA
Little Miss Mickey Ashley
Lisa Loves Pooh Lisa FL
littlegreydonkey Helen NZ
lustergirl NY
macrosswife Kimber AL
magslite Maggie IL
maherae Anne FL
marathonmommy NJ
MarkMichaels Mark IA
maryliz maryliz ON
MdmMim
Meghan74 Meghan
MelRhoads Melissa AR
MickeySP Lisa MA
Minigirl Eva
Minnie Suzy
mogulskr Scott NJ
momoftwogirls
monte Monica CO
mousemgr Susan MI
MouseDogMom Jackie NC
Mouse Skywalker Dave NY
MrsTrx Tracey FL
msblrobs Sara NY
nepatsfan73 Bill CT
nucpharm29 Stephanie AR
NYCpa Kathy NY
ohMom Molli OH
Optimator Mike
outonarun Teri CA
padisneyfan Nancy PA
panthergirl Susan NC
patsfaninpa Jen PA
Paull117 Paul WI
perfectmatch300 Nancy FL
plgrn Patti and Jenn
plutosmyfav Sunny MA
pollioni Robb ON
princessmomma Colleen NC
Pungodingy Angie NH
RedDragon Martha MA
rKyDeX Chester FL
rosy1020 Kristin Japan
RunningLilo Dena FL
runwdw2008 Dona
sap1227 Christy FL
sara
ScoJo15 Scott GA
scoolover Scott CT
scuba diver Jim FL
SilverE Steve ME
SirBouncealot Andrew IA
skfulkers Steve OH
solotraveler Kevin MI
Space Ranger John
stitch lover sith Erin
sugaswim Holly MD
TammyNC Tammy NC
taz4disney CJ IN
TEK224 Terri PA
Texa
thndrmatt Matt FL
tiberius Richard
TiffJ Tiffany AL
TigerLily03 Lily OH
Tinks Vicki IL
TriMom TN
twotoohappy Liz MA
TXAng TX
TXBelle Heather TX
Valentine Kathy NY
WDWfan 9 Pat IL
westcliffemom Stacey CO
wfloyd Bill FL
windwalker Dave KY
WIsh I Lived in FL Felicia
Worfiedoodles Maria MA
wtpclc Carrie MI
xterratri Lynne ME
zoegirl Bree NC

This morning, I got to run with my new training partner, TS Barry, who brought rain, 25mph sustained winds and 80% humidity. :umbrella: I did 5 miles with Barry which did not make for a good combo. I was about 7 or 8 minutes slower than my usual 5 mile time.

I did have some wildlife encounters too. I think my new nickname should be Dances with Squirrels. They were everywhere this morning...one poor guy was so terrified of me coming he couldn't get out of his own way fast enough and I nearly tripped over him. :squirrel: I hit another part of the sidewalk where about 5 of them scattered all different directions. And I was serenaded by slimy green tree frogs during part of my run. I'm not personally a fan of slimy green tree frogs...I much prefer a nice dry brown toad. ;)

Monica...congratulations on your grandma-ness! Hope you're not the latest member of the PF club :guilty:

Bill...:welcome: I had a feeling you'd fit right in :thumbsup2 Feel free to ramble here anytime.

DreamBeliever...:welcome:

SkyDave...I can empathize with your humidity issues. Down here it can be life-sucking, especially during a run.

Carrie...I read Joan Benoit Samuelsen's Running for Women book last week and thought of you. Apparently, she has legs that are not equal in length as well. Does this mean you'll be an elite Olympian soon?

Krista...just been wondering if you brought back any 'little souvenir' from your WDW trip ;)

Stacey...congrats on your XT! I actually made it to the Y this week and was extra proud of myself.

YARC members...so would ya be sacrificing marathon virgins?

Kim...thanks for the :wizard:

Stephanie...hope you enjoyed your date night!

Jackie...glad you're feeling better! How do the Galloway groups figure their pace? When I look at the website, it says R4/W1 should be a 9 min mile, but I'm nowhere near that pace. If I ever do a 9 minute mile, I'll need Andrew at the end with an AED.

Leana...have a great time! Bring back pictures!

Christa...glad your show went well!

OptiMike...welcome back!

Sara...aren't you doing Grandma's? I read in Running Times that the RD is planning to make runners surrender their headphones before the race to comply with the new rule.

Kevin...congrats on the new car!

Susie...happy belated birthday!

Karen...great race and photos!

All this sports talk makes me really miss football season :sad: I've tried to watch hockey but haven't been able to get really into it, though it reminds me a LOT of indoor soccer.

I have discovered that I, like Pudge the Fish from Lilo and Stitch, control the weather. I have been saying since we started the hurricane shutter process, that there would be storms before we get the shutters and here comes Barry. The good news is shutters are being installed on Tues so there won't ever be anymore hurricanes on this side of the state (sorry Bill and Lynnda) ;)

Good training everyone!

No XT for me today.... But Banff was awesome! Beautiful weather... Great afternoon tea at the Fairmont... I'm still attempting to come down from my sugar high thanks to all the sweets. And best of all, my SIL had a terrific birthday.

Here are a couple of photos:
BanffTea001.jpg

BanffTea004.jpg

BanffTea008.jpg

Good morning guys.

Can I ramble on today to.

I have the National Senior Olympics at the end of the month and the
butterflies in the stomach are on steroids. It didn't help that they had the USATF 10K Racewalking Championships yesdterday.

http://www.score-this.com/2007races/walk/060207NFRacewalkagegroup.pdf

I'm going to be meeting some of those same walkers in my races.

I've decided that my biggest hurdle right now is my lack of flexibility. I'm terrible about stretching and I think it's come down to: I better start or I won't improve much more. "To Yoga or not to Yoga".

I want to clear the air about something, it is "Big Vic" who wants to sacrifice virgins. However they do have a union. To lease a 'virgin', you have to provide major medical, dental and a liberal vacation plan. Bill, has offered to be the contract arbatrator.

I bought Dean's book, "Ultra Marathon Man", yesterday at the book store. I asked if they had a military or senior citizen discount, she said no. So I asked if they had a "YARC" discount, she said "HUH", I explained and she said well there are some coupons on the internet and I have an exta one. So I got $5 off my book and made a new friend. Seems she has always suspected she wasn't quite right either.

We are supposed to get a litle rain this week, that should help cool things of and lower the humidity a bit. Poor Erica lost so much training while she was sick that she is having a hard time catching up. She doesn't do heat well anyway.

Mel, did you know that Frogs can't back up? They are the icon for forward motion. What's behind doesn't matter. I think I like frogs more since I heard that. Now those squirrels are a different story. They are just biding their time waiting for their chance to take over.

This is my weekly rest day so that means a couple of miles of easy walking and then some quality stretching. Followed by meeting Erica for breakfast when she gets off work (nite nurse) then a nap and off to work.

Have a great day everyone. HonneiBee either stay out of trouble or get in enough to get on the cable news channels so we can enjoy it to.

Dave:hippie:

Lord almighty--if this morning is just a glimpse of what training in the AR summer will be like, I'm in trouble. It was warm and muggy already at 6:30--DH didn't get out until almost 9am yesterday, and he looked rough after finishing. Today was pretty good, everything considered. 5 miles with a 8:50 pace (seems to be a trend) and then add a potty/water break. But I'm done, and now to indulge in the cinammon rolls that I'm baking (just so you know, they are the ones out of the tube, no Betty Crocker here!)

DaveWW--That's a great book--and I think Dean gets an honorary membership into the YARC! Oh, and I really like yoga once a week. The trainer that teaches the class is also a runner, so she really understands my stretching needs. So I say YOGA!!

Mel--I think I could give you a run for your money on the squirrel lady thing. They were everywhere today--that and some more of those dang geese! The stupid birds were blockading the path, hissing at me!

Saw POTC last night. I really liked it! It was a lot of fun-now when is #4 coming out???? Okay time for coffee and cinnamon rolls! Have a great Sunday all!

Good MOrning Team!!!

Yaa I have training to report. Not much but some since I am easing back in to training and want to start incorporating some jogging. I did 21 mins of jog 1 walk 2 felt good. The program I have says to do that for 1 week before changing to 1 and 1. My program has me officially starting my 1/2 training for my Sept 1/2 on June 10th.

Dave: Enjoy your "rest" day and breaky

Leana: Nice photos, glad you had a nice time.

Mel: Wow, that was a adventurous run. Hope the rain soon stops, looks like Barry is moving pretty quick.

Stephanie: How was date night, what did you think of Pirates?

Well off to DD's last soccer game of the weekend....She was 1 and 1 yesterday, Lost 2 - 1 and won 7 - 1. I think I got burned pretty bad so will cover up today.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone!!!!

Kim

Good morning everyone! It’s Sunday and that means racing! WooHoo!

Spent yesterday doing yard work. I guess that counts for some type of training.

Mel – Glad you’ve regained control of the weekly thread. If your shutters send any storms to this part of the state we’re coming to your house to stay. :)

Hmmmm, marathon virgins. Interesting concept. Hey wait a minute, I’m a marathon virgin. The first person I see coming at me with a lit match… :lmao:

Leana – Looks like you had a great time.

Stephanie – I hear ya about the weather. It was 94 degrees here yesterday. Good job with the run.

WWDave – I agree, PatsBill needs to work on our virgin situation. :rolleyes1

Kim – Great job with the training. :thumbsup2

Go Dale Jr.!

dalemcss.jpg

Hummmm. Virgin Vic, catchy ring to it. Does that mean you can wear white on your first Marathon?

Dave:hippie:

Good Morning TEAM:

Just hopping on the thread. I had my LR yesterday. Got out by 6:30am and did 8 miles on the Erie Canal Trail in 1:13.05 for 9:08 mpm pace. I felt absolutely great, and felt like I could run forever. I didn't use my MP3, and just enjoyed the birds and the sounds of nature. I got out there before it got too hot as well. Great, great run! So I got in 26 miles this week. I'm trying to slowly build up to 30 miles/week. Hope everyone else is having a good weekend too.

Jackie...glad you're feeling better! How do the Galloway groups figure their pace? When I look at the website, it says R4/W1 should be a 9 min mile, but I'm nowhere near that pace. If I ever do a 9 minute mile, I'll need Andrew at the end with an AED.

Even though I'm doing it, I still don't quite get it. :confused3 We did our first timed mile 2 weeks ago, and I ran a 10:02. (And believe me, I didn't quite trust the Garmin when I read it! I'd never run for a mile outside without stopping, so I was expecting 12:00.) I'm running with the 12:00 pace group, but we actually run at a 13:00-14:00 pace on our long runs at a R3/W1. My group leader says she's trained with this group for several years, but she's done 5hr marathons. There's a huge difference between your timed mile (the 9 min example) and what you actually train at. I was in the back of my group on the timed run (but not the very back, which made me feel good!)

Monte - Congratulations on being a grandma!

SkyDave - Great run!

Leana
- I'm jealous!

Vic - We're watching the "other" race today. (Indy fans!)

Stephanie - My hair was dripping halfway through the run yesterday - I didn't even know I was sweating until I touched my neck and it was soaked! It's gonna be a long summer.

Jackie

Hi WISH Team!

Monica, congrats Gramma!

SkyDave, 30 miles/week is a hefty goal!

WWDave, I'm sending you good WISHes as you are training for the Senior Olympics. I'd tell ya how often I've been thinking of you over this training time, but being a senior myself--ummm I forget.

Leana, good pics. Looks like a fine place to be.

Mel, your ability to control weather is similar to what we do here when we WANT rain. We just go out and wash the car. Good for you that you will now be experience a storm-free season!

DH and I made a last minute decision to go to the Niagra Falls, NY DIS meet yesterday. We levtour house at 11:30 a.m.and came back home 12:30 a.m. We had a great easy drive there, enjoyed a nice visit and got some great walking in. We were thinking of staying over, but there were no rooms so we drove back. On the drive back we listened to the Cavs/Pistons game Yay! Cavs!!

e9394fc5.jpg

The view is spectacular and the weather was perfect for Ted and me.

Jackie said:
Vic - We're watching the "other" race today. (Indy fans!)

Looks like Dover is going to be rained out today. So, I'll probably be watching the Indy car race, and then drag racing later this afternoon. :)

Good afternoon TEAM!! I'm getting ready to head to the gym for a brick workout--bike and elliptical and then lifting. Stephen has a brilliant idea of running and meeting me there--the gym is 11.5 miles from our house. We'll let you know how that goes. :rolleyes: Okay, call me crazy, but I'm seriously thinking about running the Columbus marathon on 10/21. I want to run one more marathon before we start our family, plus Stephen's running it, so I'll already be up there. I really want to run the United States Air Force Marathon at Wright Patterson AFB in Dayton, OH, but that's on 9/15, so I think it's too soon. If I run Columbus, I don't have to start training for another couple of weeks, so I have a little time to think about it. The only down fall to running Columbus, is I won't be able to run WDW. We'll definitely be there, but I don't think I can run a marathon in October and then run another one in January. I blame Runner's World and their article on marathon training for this!!!!!!

Mel--No souvies for us! Send the rain to us, we need it SO bad. It hasn't rained in here like 3 or 4 weeks and everything is brown and dried up.

WW Dave--Too funny that you got $5 off on your book!

Lily--I love the picture!! I guess you guys aren't that far from Niagra Falls.

Jackie--I take it you are feeling better! Are you all packed yet? I wondered about Galloway's 4/1 for a 9 min pace too. I do 5/1 and I'm still stuck in the 10:00's. I guess I'm a super slow runner!! :)

Dave--Great run!!!!

Leana--I love the pics! It looks like you and your SIL had a great time.

Monica--Congrats on being a grandma!!!!

Well, I better get off here and think about getting ready to leave. Stephen is leaving in about 5 minutes and I plan on being about 45 minutes behind him. I have to put away the 5 loads of laundry before I go because of course all of my running clothes are on the bottom of the laundry basket. I'll check back in later!!

Hey all. I am back from my camping weekend. It ended up being shorter than I would have liked because work delayed us from leaving on Friday. I wasn't even sure if we would make it at all. We did tho and it rained a lot. I would be pretty crabby about that normally, but like Krista... we need the rain. So we grinned and bared it. It is funny because we go camping a bunch in the summer and it ALWAYS rains!

Saturday morning My lovely dd4 got my up at 5am :scared1:. So at around 7am I decided to go for a run. It looked nice out and I figured, what the heck. Because of the trees, I lost Garmin signal a bunch. At one point I was doing a 29 minute mile!!! I did somewhere around 3.5-4 something miles. Who knows. The Garmin says 3.5 but I know it had to be more than that. At one point it was so hot and humid that I had flashbacks to WDW and almost shed a tear. Shortly after my run the rain started. I literally had sweat dripping off of me.

Leana - Nice pics. Glad you had fun. You have the best smile in all the pics you post.

Lily - Another great pic. I would love to visit NF, I haven't been there since I was a very young child.

Oh and last week someone asked if I had ever camped at Fort Wilderness (Dave???), NOPE. We live about 22 hours from WDW. DH wants to drive down there so bad to camp because he did it as a kid. I just can't imagine driving with a camper. It took us 22 hours in a car... with a camper it would take a lot longer because you can't drive anywhere near as fast. Maybe when I am retired and have my luxury motor home.... and stay for a month... oh that would be the life!

No walking today yet. I am doing laundy in an effort to help my wife whose been working at her church festival all weekend, so I'll call that XT (up and down the stairs) and try to wlk on the TM tonight.

Plus, its raining on and off in the part of Connecticut I'm in, though it doesn't look like all of Connecticut is getting it. They say we will have more rain tomorrow in New England, including Connecticut, thanks to Barry (the tropical storm, not the Gibb brother (he sang about Massachusetts, but that was pre-disco)).

Mel-Thanks for adding me to the WISH team roster. With that and the Donald closing so early, the pressure to succeed is growing. Guess it was a good thing I register at the time I did, even if I was still using a cane to get around. By the way, PM me if you need to know what state I live in for theofficial WISH list.

Monte - Congratulations on grandma-hood. Just think, now you'll have a cute baby you can sugar-up, get hyper and spoil, but give it back to the parents once you've had enough.

DaveWW-Word of warning, check on masking agents for the butterflies. After you win the Senior Olympics, you don't want a positive steroid test, even if its just from the butterflies. Great job on the discount. We should try to get a YARC dicount at the Swan/Dolphin next-at least for alcoholic beveridges.

BigVic-Man, things change quick on this team. You've gone from sacrificor to sacrificee in less than a week. As a virgin WISH member, distance event competitor and WDW event competitor, I second your motion to limit the virgin sacifices to those competing in the WDW full (that was what you were saying right?).

Jen - I want to camp at FW too! The first time I went there, I was 8 and we camped with th whole extended family. I can't wait to do it again some day. We are about 22 hours away too - but one day when i finally get my camper, I am there. I will not tent camp there. My one vivid memory of that trip is the 5' long snake that was on our street! :scared1: Well, that & the kid who peed on the playground slide & I refused to slide on that for the duration of the trip. :rotfl:

Lily - I have been wanting to go to Niagara Falls so bad! That picture of you two is fabulous!

Yard sale was pretty good yesterday. We are BEAT now! It's alot of work. I sold my old living rooms lamps for $10. I just went to Target to buy new lamps (we now have no light in the living room). 2 lamps & 2 shades = $90! :eek: And this is Target, not some fancy dept. store. There goes the money I made. I also sold our bedroom set: comforter, sheets, valances. Wait, that didn't sell - but my sister wanted them. So, I am off again to try to find something new for our bedroom with what remains of our yard sale earnings.
And I will count this as my xt today. ;)

Plus, its raining on and off in the part of Connecticut I'm in, though it doesn't look like all of Connecticut is getting it. They say we will have more rain tomorrow in New England, including Connecticut, thanks to Barry (the tropical storm, not the Gibb brother (he sang about Massachusetts, but that was pre-disco)).

Mel-Thanks for adding me to the WISH team roster. With that and the Donald closing so early, the pressure to succeed is growing. Guess it was a good thing I register at the time I did, even if I was still using a cane to get around. By the way, PM me if you need to know what state I live in for theofficial WISH list.

PatsBill...I'm gonna take a SWAG here and guess you're in Connecticut, but I didn't pass the Jeopardy test when I tried out so I could easily be wrong ;)
You were the first person I thought of when I saw the half closed. Glad to see you had already registered :thumbsup2

Dave...thanks for the clarification on the virgin issue. This being my first full marathon, I needed to know the parameters so I know how fast I need to train to outrun the crazed YARC members :scared1:

Stephanie...glad I'm not the only one with rodent issues.

Krista...not do WDW ?!?!?! :scared1:

Vic...you're in the Panhandle, correct? Sorry, don't think our shutters will stretch that far.

What, Krista not be doing WDW this year? Well, since you are planning on being there, you know you could WALK it with some of us at the back of the pack. You might even be like the young lady I walked with at Chicago half who had her sign walking for two on her shirt! She was giving her medal to her baby for a crib pretty or something like that. Do think of this.

It took us about 3 1/2 hrs to drive each way to NF so we basically spent half the time in the car when it is considered. It was still worth it.

PatsBill, you'll be finding that many of us don't seem to mind others knowing whereabouts we live. Don't worry about being concerned over it though. It is after all the Internet. You never know. Hope the rain you will be getting there is not bad. We're scheduled here for rain most of the week too. More indoor workouts, sigh.

Vic, since Dover was rained out it was mostly lost TV time here. DH is catching up on the sleep he did not get since he drove all day. I think by the morning he'll be ready to face the week.

Kristi, good that at least you got some $ for the new things you will be getting.

Jen, with an alarm clock like your DD you should be able to get in a lot of early runs.

Well, at least I can say I got my 7 miler in today. I think my major downfall was not going out early this morning went it was cool, and waited till later and it was 79 deg, sunny and hot with no shade anywhere. I know I shouldn't complain about 79 deg being hot to most of you, but believe me, as a girl who moved from Texas, that feels HOT here. I suppose I could also blame my poor choice of a pre-run meal since I doubt cupcakes are the most ideal thing to eat! (Leftovers from SIL's birthday....couldn't let them go to waste....)

Anyhow, the run probably wasn't as bad as I thought and I finished in 1:22:30 for an 11:47/mi pace.

Didn't go see POTC this evening since I was still pretty zonked from being out in the heat, so I opted to stay home and cook dinner. Speaking of which, I heard the timer go. Gotta go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter