Wonder--10-day Vancouver to Hawaii 9/7/2015

I'm torturing myself by doing a whole bunch of research for this cruise. This is the longest I've ever had to wait for a cruise to happen and it's killing me. You people that booked opening day or shortly there after I give you major applause.

I'm in the same boat! I booked a year ago when it first open and I am SO ready to see the countdown reach double digits. We are almost there, and I know summer will fly by before we know it. Not only do I torture myself with the research, but I'm also making a big planning notebook for my mom (her first Disney cruise), making door magnets, "packing" in my mind (to strategize and decide what to wear each night), etc. The cruise is often on my mind. This has been a LONG wait, lol.

Tomorrow I get to book Palo and port adventures, What are you going to book?

JonK

We want to do Tubing the Ditch on Kauai. Not sure on others yet. We have a few more days until we check-in.

I'm looking into renting a car on Wednesday to use in Oahu and parking it overnight so I will have it the next morning/day. Does anyone know if there is overnight parking at port, rates and how far it would be from the ship? What pier will we be docked at?

I'm looking into renting a car on Wednesday to use in Oahu and parking it overnight so I will have it the next morning/day. Does anyone know if there is overnight parking at port, rates and how far it would be from the ship? What pier will we be docked at?
I haven't seen confirmation, but I am pretty sure we are docking at Pier 2 in Honolulu. That is where we docked in Oct of 2012 and I see that there is a Princess ship docked on the 16th at Aloha Tower.
Unfortunately, I haven't seen many good options for parking overnight nearby. I'm trying to do the same thing you are. I may have to consider a cab ride to and from the parking.

Anyone planning on touring Pearl Harbor? I just saw this article about an accident yesterday closing the Arizona memorial indefinitely.

Hopefully (surely) everything will be back up and running by September.

I did read that article. I hope its open by september. Pearl Harbor was one of the main reasons I booked the cruise!!!

Anyone planning on touring Pearl Harbor? I just saw this article about an accident yesterday closing the Arizona memorial indefinitely.

Hopefully (surely) everything will be back up and running by September.
It doesn't look like there was any damage to the memorial itself. It shouldn't take long to fix the dock. What CNN said sounds quite reasonable.

What does GTY stand for?
Guaranty. It's when you pay for a certain category but don't have an actual cabin yet. When we decided to go on this cruise 9B was GTY only. They knew they would have rooms in that category, but at the time they were all taken. GTY guarantees that level or higher. We ended up with a 9A. Usually, they aren't assigned until closer to the sail date, so I was surprised we got ours already.

Guaranty. It's when you pay for a certain category but don't have an actual cabin yet. When we decided to go on this cruise 9B was GTY only. They knew they would have rooms in that category, but at the time they were all taken. GTY guarantees that level or higher. We ended up with a 9A. Usually, they aren't assigned until closer to the sail date, so I was surprised we got ours already.
Thank you for the explanation and congratulations on getting assigned a great room!

We are GTY 9C. So I wonder if you were upgraded to 9A if that means we might get an upgrade? What is 9B?

Man I thought I was good to start booking at midnight tomorrow night for excursions and what not. Turns out I'm at work till 12:30-1:00 am :( If I didn't need money for these excursions I'd call in :) For all of you booking tomorrow save me and my wife a palo brunch alright :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter