Wonder: 5/20/07 Day 3

Coach Rick

DIS Veteran
Back for this final chapter on what was THE most fantastic vacation I have ever been on.

Before I start, ever notice how possessive we all get of the ships. They are OUR ships. :lmao:

Day 3, "Odyssey At Sea".

Started much the same the other two mornings started. Woke up early tried to catch the sunrise, but low and behold a bit of cloud cover on the horizon. Oh well, went back to bed for another hour or so. Woke up the DW once again. Not as surly this time. :confused3 In fairness, it must be very difficult to be married for 25 years to a guy who is a total disney-a-holic. :smickey:

Got up started packing, I guess to make it less traumatic later in the day. Got dressed, headed back to Parrot Cay for breakfast, awesome as usual! Headed up to our couples spa treatment, right on time. After filling out the mandatory paperwork, we were quickly brought in to our room for the next couple of hours. The two young ladies were very good at explaining everything that we would encounter for the next couple of hours. Then they served us some wonderful mineral water as we soaked our feet. They then massaged our feet. Having never experienced anything like this, I was totally amazed at how wonder that felt. Then they directed us to the private hot tub. As we soaked in some salts, and gazed out over the beautiful ocean, it struck us how lucky we were to be experiencing such a beautiful setting, on such a beautiful day. Something spiritual about it. Totally relaxing, every stress had disappeared completely by the time they returned to get us inside for our massage. We chose the body wrap and hot stone massage. I think I was sleeping in less than two minutes. It felt so wonderful, and relaxing. After all this was done we returned to the shay lounge on the veranda in our robes, as they brought us some fantastic herbal tea. Once again we found ourselves alone with a beautiful sight and each other. Time to reflect. After 25 wonderful years of marriage it felt as though we had finally made it. I work 3 jobs, DW works 10 hour days, plus making sure our three wonderful children get everything they need. It seemed to us we were being served our reward. It ended way too soon, but was an experience I STRONGLY recommend. We followed this up with a BMI test, and then another treatment which name totally escapes me, but it was a thing for, of all things, weight loss. :eek: It was different, that's for sure. There were these electrodes they hooked up to you and cranked some voltage through my mid-section. I didn't realize I was going to be working out for a half hour, albeit without doing a thing, just laying there. It did however, make us feel pretty good. Kind of like a hard workout. I actually lost a total of 4.5 inches. That of course is an average of three measurements. popcorn:: Ok so we got some health in there too. We spent the rest of the afternoon hanging around the pool area. We went back to the room, and got dressed for the 6:15 Dreams show. WOW...what a show! Had some nice frozen Pina Coloda's and sat back and relaxed. Then we went to the room to get dressed for supper. Oh, almost forgot, in the middle of this, I went to the cruise desk to book the next trip. Yep, loved it that much to book another. We then went to supper in Tritons. Another wonderful meal, and then realized this was it, the last night on a trip of dreams! This evening was rather rough, seas wise. We were rocking even more than the first night. After Tritons we went to do some shopping, met a DISer's (nic escapes me now) Katrina. Wonderful young lady. I remember reading her posts, but can't seem to find them now. Anyhow, while we were standing there I was starting to get extremely dizzy from the rocking and rolling. Returned to our stateroom, went to the report from the bridge to find we were experiencing 12 foot waves. Good news, I didn't get sick this time, just dizzy. Turned in, slept like a baby. :angel:

Woke up about 6:30, just when we were starting to approach the dock. I definitely did not get up to see that. :sad2: Just stayed in bed contemplating what a wonderful week we had. Got up at about 7:30, washed and left stateroom 6576 for the last time. :sad1: We went to Tritons, enjoyed a wonderful breakfast, and our wait staff, Vit, and Brian. Terrific guys! Made our stay very memorable, especially when they brought us the strawberry cheese cake on our anniversary.

We disembarked the ship, and took away memories that will last a lifetime!

I would like to take this time to thank everyone here at The DIS that took the time to answer some mundane questions and help me make this cruise a truly wonderful time. I can't wait for August 17, 2008 when we surprise our kids with the experience we will treasure for a lifetime. This time we will be in a cat 3, 8582. I am so addicted to cruising now. Spoiled for life!:love:

I hope you all enjoyed my report as much as I enjoyed reliving the experience.

Im glad you enjoyed yourself. Sounds like a great time. What was the name of the soa treatment you got?:thumbsup2 :goodvibes ;) :) :cutie:

Sounds heavenly.

I have really enjoyed your report, we are off on our first 3 night Wonder Cruise in Sept and we are so looking forward to it.

I was a bit undecided about doing Palo's, now I know that we won't, we will just leave it for the next time;)

Sounds heavenly.

I have really enjoyed your report, we are off on our first 3 night Wonder Cruise in Sept and we are so looking forward to it.

I was a bit undecided about doing Palo's, now I know that we won't, we will just leave it for the next time;)

Thanks so much for your kind words about my report.

It was great for sure. You will absolutely love it. I definitely recommend Palo, just not on the first night if you are not used to cruising. DW took Bonine and was fine throughout the whole trip, so that may be something you may want to do as a precaution. And who knows, maybe your cruise will be smooth going, and it won't affect you at all. As I was told by numerous CM's, that first night was much rougher than usual, and many of them felt the effects of it also. I hope you enjoy your cruise as much as we did.

:wizard: ...well i thought this was a spectular report! a great lil'
adventure, esp. on c.c. or what we call our lil'treasure island.

in between, i really think your presentation did an outstanding
job...on how to "personalized" a disney cruise. you rascal! you
did the things you wanted to do....while celebrating the most
important person in your life.

* giving your lil' sweetie overdosages of fun! now that's :cool2: !

:rolleyes1..they don't ay,"youth is wasted on the wrong people",
for nothing....you "hit" on soMEthing that is one of our primary
objective.." doing what we want"...& not following the crowds...

i.e., when we did the 11-dayer last year....we went on an excursion
in barbbados for the sea turtles....while the dcl group was over crowded,
we had the whole schnooer for ourselves.& a couple from engalnd..&
we party: like it was 1969! * however, i thought the walk back..was
never going to make it.................................:lmao:

ha, wondering if....getting behind wasn't planned? ..as to "opened" those
lil' throttle up! :smooth: as A :mickeybar !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter