Wonder in Alaska!!! May 27, 2013

Brumbie13

Mr. Mickeybars
Hi everyone,

I'm making a thread for those of us who signed up for the Wonder sailing to Alaska for May, 27, 2013.

I know it's a long time off, but today was the first day the public was able to sign up for the cruise, and I signed up, so here we are!

If you're on this sailing, pop in and say hi. We can use this thread to organize a meet on the first day and fish extenders, if the group is interested in it.

:woohoo:

--EDIT--
Click HERE to get to the official Facebook page.
You can also search Facebook for: Disney Wonder May 27, 2013 to Alaska

The following information has been compiled by Dolphingirl and placed on this first post for the sake of convenience:

Thanks to Laura for the idea and most of the hard work. I have also added this to the Docs folder on Facebook:

WONDERing Around Alaska Cruise Events

FE Exchange- Contact: Val (Magic3forme)

Disboard Meet Up
Where: Promenade Lounge, Deck 3, Midship
When: May 27th, Before Muster Drill
Time: 3:00-3:45 (Muster drill is at 4:00)
Why: To put faces with names!

Post Card Exchange: Bring a Post Card from home to exchange with others. FE pockets Contact Pam Homenick (Disneynanny) & see Files (on FB) to sign up.

Champagne "Girls" - Date & Time: TBA Tasting & socializing, hosted by DCL. Pre-registration via https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1lzh...e5M2E/viewform & fee required if rrinking. Suggested/Optional: Tiara & Pink attire! Contact: Corinna Ball (dolphingirl47)

Tiara's available for purchase from Beth (badell), inquire if interested.

BTB Cruisers: Lucky souls traveling on repo cruise & AK cruise. Post name on File on FB. Contacts: Pam, Barb or Corinna

Handy Vancouver info: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2283011

See you there!
We have also booked this cruise. (I seem to recall your screen name from a post about diving in the MR.)
Our next cruise is on the Magic and we have a very active group on facebook. It is a closed group and has been a great way to share photos, information and plan. It might be a good idea to start a fb group as well.
I know it's still a long way off but we are very excited!

(I seem to recall your screen name from a post about diving in the MR.)
Ah yes, I suppose I'm slightly infamous for that one. :guilty:

It might be a good idea to start a fb group as well.
Yeah, on the cruise I just got off of, we had one as well. It was great for all of the reasons you listed. I just didn't want to make one to soon, but I guess it's never too soon, eh?

Glad to be cruising with ya!

Booked this cruise yesterday, along with the repo up to Vancouver. We did AK this past summer and loved it, can't wait to go back.

Heading out on the Dream on Sunday, can't wait for that one either. :banana:

Booked this cruise yesterday, along with the repo up to Vancouver. We did AK this past summer and loved it, can't wait to go back.

Hi, I am doing the same B2B. I have never been so this should be a blast.

Hi, I am doing the same B2B. I have never been so this should be a blast.

I did see a couple of other people had booked the B2B on the pricing thread. We've never done a B2B so it will be interesting.
If you can afford it, I highly recommend the helicopter flight and dog sledding on the glacier - that was the best part of the trip. Although, DD(17) will tell you it was the lumberjack show and then dog sledding. :lmao: I should see how much it would be to leave her at the lumberjack show the entire day we are in Ketchikan, that would make her very happy. She even keeps in touch with one of them, he lives a little over an hour from us. :headache: We even went` to a timber show in Oct. since he was going to be there.

That's so cool! I'm so jealous! We would totally do that but I can only get 1 week off at a time. If I could get 2 weeks off, I would be all over that repositioning cruise as well!

I'm glad we're neighbours jilljill! Congrats on the secret verandah!
If it were another cruise, I might have tried for one, but with Alaska, I wanted an actual navigators verandah so that my wife wouldn't freeze when she went out on it.

Hi All! We are joining you on this cruise along with friends and family. We booked on the first day.

None of us have ever been to Alaska, so we are very excited!

Welcome Tammy!

Jill, thanks for the Recommendation. I think that sounds great!

We booked this cruise on the Dream on Wed - it really worked out perfect with the onboard discount & credit. We are so excited, have always wanted to do Alaska!

:cloud9:Hi we are going on this cruise also! We were on the Inaugural Alaska last year and can't wait to do it again!! We did the fe's and want to join in the fun again! Please add us to the meet! Aloha, Karen and Ron

Hiya Karen and Ron via Hawaii! It's cool to know that there are repeat Alaska cruisers!
We're glad you're part of our group!

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list :thumbsup2

have a great cruise!

Hey JillJill, what happens when a thread dips below the 8 allowable pages?
Does it die?
I'm just wondering whether we'll need to bump this once a week or so until it gets closer and more people sign up to be part of our group.

I am not jill, but I think as long as we have it subscribed we can still retrieve it even if it dips. I know of one thread closed out over 5 years ago and you can still access it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter