***WONDER-ing who's sailing JANUARY 28, 2015 ***

Dee Hill

DIS Veteran
I keep checking the meet threads and the continual disappointment has finally pushed me to start this one for the 4-night Bahamian, Itinerary B cruise aboard the Disney Wonder sailing on January 28, 2015 from Miami. :)

We are very excited!
This vacation has a lot of firsts for our family:
DH and I - First Disney Cruise
Kids -
- First cruise
- First time to see the ocean
- First time to see/play on a beach

DD will be 8, DS will be 6, DS will be 3.

I can't wait to meet some of y'all who will be sailing with us.
Dee

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list pixiedust:
Have a great cruise!

Is anyone else sailing with us?
I have to admit I was hoping to touch base with a few DISers.
I was also hoping to tell my kids about other kids that may be on the same cruise.
Maybe the ship will be completely empty except for us? No lines! :rotfl:

Hello All,

The Disney BF and I will be sailing the January 28th Wonder cruise. We're in the 55+ category and looking forward to seeing all of you on board!!

Elaine :beach:

Does anyone know if a group has formed for FE for this cruise yet? If so, how would I go about signing up for it? This will be my first FE exchange and I'm excited to get started on making things!! TIA ... greatly appreciate all the advice and help given to this newby ... :confused3 :goodvibes:grouphug:

Elaine

So excited that this board is started!!! This will be our first Disney cruise. DD is 4, and DS just turned 1. Daddy is deployed for 11 months (we're almost halfway!!), and this is our "get-reacquainted" trip when he returns from Bahrain. We're patiently waiting for #s so we can start our FE gifts... And can't wait to meet you all!
Stephanie

I'm looking to try this Fish Extender event on our cruise. Does anyone know if a group has been formed and/or where I may sign on? Is there anyone else interested????

Thanks!

Elaine

Hi all, I will be on the 1/28 Wonder along with my Daughter and My BF and her daughter....I have been seeing all the FE's and would love to participate as well
please let me know if there will be one, because we are in!

It is great to meet y'all. This is our first Disney cruise. We are soooooo excited, especially after this past winter! :goodvibes

We are interested in the FE exchange as well. I am not sure how to get it started though. You may want to see what other groups have done. I think someone is in charge of the FE and people provide that person with the names, ages, cabin #, clothing size... That person keeps it up to date, but for privacy reasons only releases the names to the group, not the entire DISboard. Someone feel like researching and coordinating the FE?

Dee

Great to see so many will be ship mates! I just re-found this forum after many years of an unfortunate Disney break. My family will be taking our first Wonder cruise January, and my DD8 is super excited! We are also interested in FE exchange as well... :cool1:

Hey everybody...I'm Whitney!! My family and I (DH, and son who turns 6 on 8/18) just got from WDW (their first time!!!) July 29th!! With a huge load of disney depression descending on me, I started researching $$ for doing a cruise or going back. W/the same prices for us to go back (including 2 room split w/my mom), we decided to celebrate my birthday (Jan. 16) and our 10 year wedding anniversary (Feb. 4) by taking our first ever cruise :beach: It's funny because my husband is retired Navy and has only sailed in the Pacific!! I just sent a request to join the FB group for the FE. Thanks for posting the link!!! The trip is also a super early birthday present for my mom (Jun). We call her Mormor which is norwegian slang for grandma!! A fun piece of Disney trivia about my family is that my great great grandma and grandfather from Norway are Anna and Ohlaf!!

Anyone thinking about excursions? I think we want to do the dolphin encounter NOT atlantis combo and the trolley train at Key West. Also, DH and I are thinking about doing an anniversary photo shoot on Castaway Cay. We'll be doing Palo for our dinner :cool1:

Well I'm pretty sure that I just typed a mini novel!! Can't wait to "meet" everyone!!! ;)

I know what you mean about "Disney Depression." We went to Disney for the first time in January 2013, and I wanted to go back before we even left. :)

We choose the cruise because my soon-to-be 3 year old will be too short for most rides. When we went in 2013 he was too young to know he was missing out. I think he would definitely notice everyone else going on rides without him now. :) Even my husband is really excited about the cruise. He had a great time at WDW but was never excited before hand about going.

My son will be turning 6 in November. He generally doesn't like anything new or out of the routine. I know he would feel more comfortable knowing another boy before we leave.

Given our crazy family dynamic, (as of today) we are only doing one excursion. We are going on the Aquarium/Butterfly tour in Key West. My kids have never seen the ocean or beach, so we are going to spend the entire day just hanging out at Castaway Cay. We plan to stay aboard the ship at Nassau.

Welcome to the crazy club!

Hi all. We are very excited to be taking a Disney cruise again after our first one nine years ago. Now that are kids are grown, we haven't been doing much in the way of Disney vacations. This cruise is our Christmas gift to our son and his family and will be our first vacation with the grandkids. Our grandson will be turning five on the cruise and our granddaughter will be just over two. Can't wait!!!!!

I know what you mean about "Disney Depression." We went to Disney for the first time in January 2013, and I wanted to go back before we even left. :)

We choose the cruise because my soon-to-be 3 year old will be too short for most rides. When we went in 2013 he was too young to know he was missing out. I think he would definitely notice everyone else going on rides without him now. :) Even my husband is really excited about the cruise. He had a great time at WDW but was never excited before hand about going.

My son will be turning 6 in November. He generally doesn't like anything new or out of the routine. I know he would feel more comfortable knowing another boy before we leave.

Given our crazy family dynamic, (as of today) we are only doing one excursion. We are going on the Aquarium/Butterfly tour in Key West. My kids have never seen the ocean or beach, so we are going to spend the entire day just hanging out at Castaway Cay. We plan to stay aboard the ship at Nassau.

Welcome to the crazy club!

JP has always been good about making new friends :) I just got accepted to the FB group and signed up for the FE!! My mom is almost done making our extender, so if anyone needs one I think she's going to think about selling them. She had soo much fun putting it together. I'll post a pic when she's done.

Hi all. We are very excited to be taking a Disney cruise again after our first one nine years ago. Now that are kids are grown, we haven't been doing much in the way of Disney vacations. This cruise is our Christmas gift to our son and his family and will be our first vacation with the grandkids. Our grandson will be turning five on the cruise and our granddaughter will be just over two. Can't wait!!!!!

Nice to meet you!!!

We are brand new to this DIS forum. Hunted this meet down because our family with 4 other families are heading out on this Disney Cruise, the First Disney Cruise for all of us - 13 as of now. (we are cruise veterans on other lines). A little about ourselves. 5 Families, related by blood or friendships closer than blood. All of the children with us do not yet know about this cruise....it will be a surprise for Christmas.
Family 1 - us: Lori & Virginia from Orlando Fl
Family 2 - chosen family; Kathy, Marie and Rebekah (7) from Clermont FL
Family 3 - chosen family; Nicole, Nancy and Carter (15) from Durham, Maine
Family 4 - chosen family to us; Nana and Grampy (to Rebekah) from Steuben, Maine/Live Oak, FL
Family 5 - blood family; Trisha, Aiden (16) and Cyrus (13) recently from Army base in Germany, now in Orlando FL.

Maybe others as well too.

Us adults are very excited to be going on this our first Disney Cruise.

I've just learned about Fish Extender thing and now door magnets - we had no idea. Looks like we have some crafts to get done before Jan 28, in addition:listen:al to our family reunion t-shirts (magnets, FE). What else do we need to know from the veteran Disney Cruisers? Any suggestions are most welcome!

We will be there along with another couple who have never cruised Disney. This will be our 3rd (all in a year....hehehehe I'm really spoiled he says). They had one cruise many many years ago that was a disaster, so they are really excited to experience Disney! I sent a request to join the FB group.

So excited we are going on this cruise! We are a little late in booking our vacation so I'm just hoping on "board" right now. I am very interested in participating in the fish extender event...how fun! Can someone please help me with this??

Also, we are looking for unique ways to decorate our door...does anyone have any resources to spark our creativity???

Thank you so much!!

Hi All!
My husband just booked this cruise a few nights ago and surprised me! We have a 5 year old DS and soon to be 3 year old DD. While I am SUPER excited, I am a bit overwhelmed as well. I was in full throttle Christmas planning mode and now my mind keeps wandering to our cruise too. It's not a bad dilemma to have...ha ha, but I like to have more time to prepare.

Also, I've never been on a dis board and I rarely use facebook (I know...I should probably join the 21st century...ha ha), so if anyone could fill me on how to join the fish extender group I would be mucho grateful. This looks like an AWESOME activity and I know my kiddos (and their parents) would love to be a part of it.

Thank you so much for your time! Looking forward to cruising with you!

Best,
Dana :) :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter