Wonder Nov18th 2007 Anyone???

CRUIZEN MAMMA

DIS Veteran
Can't seem to find a meet showing the 3nighter Wonder for Nov 18th 2007.:confused3
Would love to meet a family or two, this is our first cruise ME (DW) DH, DS 8

Thanks

:surfweb:

I think there's another family or two of there cruising with us! Hard to believe we're less than 2 months out! pirate:

This will be our second Disney cruise. My oldest DS is just a year younger than yours. He's a bit upset that he's not quite old enough for the lab, but personally I'm happy both boys will be together.

Nice to meet you, My son will turn 8 right before we cruise- Oct 3- everyday he asks me something about the cruise. We're so excited

We have actually not told the boys about the cruise yet! We've talked about it in general, like "wouldn't it be nice to do the Disney cruise again?" and "If did we the cruise again, what do you want to do?" Their birthdays are the end of Oct. and beginning of Nov., so we'll probably tell them then.

If you have any questions though, feel free to ask!

Today my DS offically turned 8- he can't wait to make flubber in the club and is saving 1/2 ofall his birthday money to spend on the cruise. Other than Poke'mon the cruise is all he talks about. I think I'm set. I have't packed yet but I do have most of the outfits picked out for myself and DS- DH idea of packing is clean underwear:lmao: I've bought a passporter, and I keep checking this board so I think I'll be ok.... still working on DH to commit to booking another on board.

Happy birthday to your DS! He's going to enjoy the Flubber part - that was DS7's favorite part last time (the younger guys got a chance to do this as well). He really wishes he was just a bit older for the Lab rather than the Club, but oh well.

I'm actually not quite sure how to convince DH about rebooking, or even bring up the subject again. He's always saying that I should enjoy what's happening NOW rather than worry about what's happening NEXT. He doesn't even think of the savings.

And you've started thinking about packing??? Wow! The only think I've done is bought two swimsuits on sale with the hopes I can lose 10 pounds so I can toss the tankini for the 2-piece!

I'm a first time cruiser with my 11 and 8 year old daughters. Both are excited! I have no idea what to expect.

Sequoiamom - your are going to have a fantasic time! And your daughters are going to love it! Have you watched the cruise dvd or show on the Travel channel that runs time to time? That's a good way to figure out what everything looks like. And the Disney cruise website is quite helpful.

It also helps me to print out old Navigators (that's like the daily newsletter that lists all the activities) and figure out what my family would have wanted to do that day. My problem the first time around was trying to do too much -- what we enjoyed the most was just spending time together, going to shows, having a snack, the Club for my then 5-year-old DS (he'll be 7 this time around), checking out the shuffleboard court, etc. Castaway Cay day was the best part -- which says a lot considering we already live 15 minutes from a beautiful beach.

We will be on the 11/18 Wonder. We will be traveling with 2 other couples and our 6 kids ages age 1-10. 3 girls ages 3,6,9 & 3 boys ages 1,10,10. This will be all of the kids first cruise!! It should be FUN!!!!!:yay: :banana: :rotfl2:

TCB - thanks for the heads up. Where can I find a Navigator's thingee? We DID see the travel channel show and it's made me so excited I can barely stand it. I've been curising these chat threads for 5 days straight. One thread also suggested a travel book readily found in any bookstore. We've done that for our WDW experiences and found it to be a helpful tool so I'm off to Border's this weekend.
Thanks!

Hard to believe the cruise is a month from Thursday!!! Anyone else started their shopping yet? Both DSs are going as pirates for Halloween, so it's nice to have double usage from their costumes. I've got an ongoing list, trying to pick things up as I see them. Bought seasickness meds today!

Can't wait!!!

TCB - What kind of motion sickness medicine are you using? Have your kids taken it before?

Regarding pirate night, are you dressing up along with your children? I'm planning on doing something goofy by my DH insists on wearing a Hawaiian shirt. Is Pirate night the same for everyone on the boat or is it just one of everyone's rotational nights?

I'm using non-drowy draminine and will pick up some Bonine as well. I tried the wristbands last time around -- didn't work. The key is to take whatever you are going to BEFORE getting on the ship (which I didn't do last time). Since I was the only one seasick last time, I'm probably not going to worry much about the kids.

As for pirate night, I believe it's the second night of the cruise. We were at Palo that night last time around, so I don't know what they did differently in the dining rooms. However, everyone got pirate bandanas after dinner. The boys will wear that along with their pirate shirts, eye patches, etc. I've bought a small glittery pirate iron-on at a local craft store, so I'm going to put that on a shirt for me. DH will probably put the bandana on his head and maybe wear an understated pirate shirt if I can find one.

Truthfully, I don't think I saw anyone dressed up more than a pirate hat, eyepatch, hoop earring -- and they probably got that on board. It's just a fun party on the deck with characters acting out a play (mickey saving the day), dancing, fireworks, dessert bar, etc.

Less than three weeks away! :banana:
Any idea what can be expected for weather in late November? I've heard that it's pretty cold in the restaurants.

We picked up some pirate garb this weekend. pirate: I'm looking forward to acting goofy with my kids!

:goodvibes

We have our pirate stuff as well. I'm starting a cruise/vacation area to set things aside, buying sunscreen, etc. I was excited to find a marked down sand toy set last week. Yes, they are easy to find here on the Fla. coast at all the tourist places but are just as overpriced as on CC.

Anyone taking any excursions? I have't booked anything, but am wondering if the stingray adventure was still available.

DS and I are doing the dolphins, DH opted to just watch. We wanted to also Parasail but opted to just wing it at CC , DH and I are having Cabanna masages while DS does the club on CC for a little bit. Glad to see a few people posting can't wait till the 18th :cool1: with Halloween tomorrow the cruise is just under 20 days away.:banana:

Planning to shop for some odds and ends this weekend and I orderes a basket from the Perfect Gift for DS to be waiting at the room when we board.

Maybe we could meet up in the terminal to say hi?

I'm a first time cruiser with my 11 and 8 year old daughters. Both are excited! I have no idea what to expect.

First time cruiser here too, I've learned a lot from this board -you will too. I also suggest getting a Passporter for Disney Cruises lots of useful info. Read a few trip reports,they 're funny and informative.

See you on the 18th

We will be on the 11/18 Wonder. We will be traveling with 2 other couples and our 6 kids ages age 1-10. 3 girls ages 3,6,9 & 3 boys ages 1,10,10. This will be all of the kids first cruise!! It should be FUN!!!!!:yay: :banana: :rotfl2:

My DS is 8 if your kids go to the club they'll probably see each other, my son would love to know they're are a couple boys to get together with

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter