Wonder to the Land of the Midnight Sun~~~August 20th 2012~~~

Thanks for all the wonderful tips! I am slowly getting ready for our trip....everyone over here is super excited! My FE extender finally came in the mail. Does anyone know if there are towels by the pool area? I am trying to figure out if I need to pack them in my day bag.

I would think the towels are included. I don't know how durable your family is with temperatures, but we are thinking it will not be warm enough for swimming except for maybe Monday or Tuesday.

The pools are heated to 90 degrees for the Alaska cruises--that is what I have read in numerous trip reports.

I haven't cruised before, but I'm not packing towels. Nobody has ever mentioned needing to pack towels. I know I've read that Disney provides towels when you need them for excursions, so I'm sure they have them for the pool.

Do we put everything for one family in one bag or do they get divided between names? Is it okay for things to be labeled but in one bigger bag for each member? How does this work? Is there anything taboo or offensive for gifts?

Help, need to know the rules and expectations. I dont want to commit a cardinal mistake on our first cruise

The pools are heated to 90 degrees for the Alaska cruises--that is what I have read in numerous trip reports.

I haven't cruised before, but I'm not packing towels. Nobody has ever mentioned needing to pack towels. I know I've read that Disney provides towels when you need them for excursions, so I'm sure they have them for the pool.

Great that they are heated so high, but what about getting out into 60 degree weather?!:worried:

Is there any kind of meet up planned for the FE group? I'm seeing comments about seeing each other and I'm wondering if I missed something. I don't remember seeing anything about a meet up.

They have towels at the pool (at least they did before) so no need to pack one.

If your kids really like to go swimming you can obviously use the pool. But I usually spend the time after lunch and before my room is ready roaming the ship and checking out all of the lounges, spa, etc.

Do we put everything for one family in one bag or do they get divided between names? Is it okay for things to be labeled but in one bigger bag for each member? How does this work? Is there anything taboo or offensive for gifts?

Help, need to know the rules and expectations. I dont want to commit a cardinal mistake on our first cruise

Hi, I'm just visiting your thread from another Wonder Cruise. We've done a few Disney Cruises. Gifts are generally placed into the individual pockets on the FE unless the gift is for the entire cabin. Usually each pocket has the name of the individual on it. My DD loves to peak into her pocket and find her goodies. Some items are generic, but if you're giving the girls a "Princess" bracelet and "Toy Story" bookmarks for the boys, it's good to know what goes where.

There are numerous threads on the DISboards that will give you info on FE. Feel free to send me a PM and I will help any way I can. It's all so fun!!

Can someone do me a little favor while they are on the cruise next week?????

I need to know if DCL still has a "Press Only" option listed on the dry cleaning / laundry order form. You'll find the form in your closet just like at a hotel. The "press only" price info was printed at the very bottom. Last time it was very reasonable to have items pressed (half the cost than to clean the same item... $6 = $3). With limited luggage space, I'm trying to determine if I want to pay to bring a dedicated garment bag for our formal wear as we've done in the past when bags were free.

Hopefully, I can just roll it tight and have Disney take out the :tink:wrinkles.

Lise
To San Francisco and Beyond...Pixar Cruise ~ Wonder 9-30-12

My son is allergic (deathly--we carry epi-pens at all times) to nuts--so anything with nuts would be null and void for our family. I put that on the FE list though. :)

I have everything packaged up individually because I think most people's FE have a pocket for each person--or maybe a pocket for each kiddo and then the parents share a pocket. If you are doing one gift for the family though, then obviously ignore my advice. :)

Great that they are heated so high, but what about getting out into 60 degree weather?!:worried:

I didn't say *I* would be swimming. :lmao: I intend to stay fully dressed at the side of the pool, but if the children want to go swimming, I'll be waiting for them with towels. If there is room, I plan to pack their bathrobes--but that is a big if.

Is there any kind of meet up planned for the FE group? I'm seeing comments about seeing each other and I'm wondering if I missed something. I don't remember seeing anything about a meet up.

No meet up is planned. So far the only plan is for the FE list to be clipped to the back of my fish extender and for anyone with room changes to come and mark their change ASAP! (bring your own pen!)

I need to know if DCL still has a "Press Only" option listed on the dry cleaning / laundry order form.

I'll do my best to remember to remember this for you. I think I'll be utilizing it for a couple of items, so hopefully it won't be too difficult for me to remember!

I read somewhere that the Alaskan cruises do not have fireworks. Is that true? I'd been looking forward to them! Ah well.

I need to know if DCL still has a "Press Only" option listed on the dry cleaning / laundry order form. You'll find the form in your closet just like at a hotel. The "press only" price info was printed at the very bottom. Last time it was very reasonable to have items pressed (half the cost than to clean the same item... $6 = $3). With limited luggage space, I'm trying to determine if I want to pay to bring a dedicated garment bag for our formal wear as we've done in the past when bags were free.

Hopefully, I can just roll it tight and have Disney take out the :tink:wrinkles.

Lise
To San Francisco and Beyond...Pixar Cruise ~ Wonder 9-30-12

I'll do my best to remember to remember this for you. I think I'll be utilizing it for a couple of items, so hopefully it won't be too difficult for me to remember!

Thank you :yay:

Our semi-formal night is the day after we board... thinking I'd better plan a wrinkle-free wardrobe for that night. Unless they really use magic pixiedust:

My friend in Juneau just posted this picture on her Facebook for me this morning. She took this picture from her house...just think, next Friday this will be us in port!

JuneauWonder.jpg

3xDisney2012 said:
Thanks for all the wonderful tips! I am slowly getting ready for our trip....everyone over here is super excited! My FE extender finally came in the mail. Does anyone know if there are towels by the pool area? I am trying to figure out if I need to pack them in my day bag.

Towels are available on the pool deck. We never pack them!

Welcome to Seattle!

We have been unseasonable dry and hot the last few days and no rain in the last 20+ days. It is supposed to cool off this weekend to our norms of mid 70's to low 80's. Some stations are mentioning thunder storms Saturday evening.

Right now - always subject to change - it looks like swimming might be an option on embark day. It looks like it will be a wonderful day to sail out of Seattle.

Enjoy our city.

reisdawg said:
Welcome to Seattle!

We have been unseasonable dry and hot the last few days and no rain in the last 20+ days. It is supposed to cool off this weekend to our norms of mid 70's to low 80's. Some stations are mentioning thunder storms Saturday evening.

Right now - always subject to change - it looks like swimming might be an option on embark day. It looks like it will be a wonderful day to sail out of Seattle.

Enjoy our city.

Thanks for the weather update! Have been in Seattle for a few days and love it!

We left our NJ home at 3am and checked into our Seattle hotel by noon. Enjoyed lunch and a walk all around town. Weather was in the high 70, overcast but comfortable to walk. We are re-energizing at the hotel but better get moving because we have already been up 17 hours. Monday is almost here!

We left our NJ home at 3am and checked into our Seattle hotel by noon. Enjoyed lunch and a walk all around town. Weather was in the high 70, overcast but comfortable to walk. We are re-energizing at the hotel but better get moving because we have already been up 17 hours. Monday is almost here!

Glad to have you visiting our fair city. Monday will be fun.

We'll be catching the Victoria Clipper down to Seattle tomorrow morning and arriving shortly after 2. Not sure how much we'll get up to - I'd love to run over to the King Tut exhibit, but the kids may want to go to Pike Place which is closer to our hotel. I'm trying to avoid packing any electronics myself - kids have cameras and such - as I'm normally a pretty techy guy and think this will be a good time to unplug.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter