Wonderful Wonder 3/20 continued

okiemomx5

Earning My Ears
Day two == weather gorgeous! We ate breakfast at Beach Blanket before heading off the ship for the 9:15 ferry to Blue Lagoon. Long walk to the ferry, but hey we would soon be laying on a beach! The ferry was longer than we thought. But, it was fun seeing the big homes along the way and the shore lines.

Blue Lagoon was of course beautiful w/ it's aqua waters!
We hiked around the lagoon and found a place to sit our stuff and the kids and dh tried to snorkle. The fish ended up being close the bridge. Tired of swimming we went to get our lunch.
I ended up taking a nice nap in a hammock in the shade! My favorite part of that excursion. Later I laid on the beach while my kids and dh swam or played basket ball. We were swimmed out and were getting sunburned despite tons of sunscreen so we headed to the ferry that was leaving at 2. We realized that two of our kids hadn't come back to the table where we had our things so we panicked trying to find them. We found one pretty fast, the other one we found to already be on the ferry! So, off we went, just in the nick of time before they left us.
We saw the Atlantis from a distance.....maybe next time we can go there.

Warning if you are on the top deck of the ferry (we had no choice as it was crowded downstairs and there were 7 of us) put on more and more sunscreen! We put on another layer as we were leaving blue lagoon......and still got sunburned.

My husband and I both crashed and took naps after getting back......too much Disney World and sun and were were gonners! We had to force ourselves to get up and get out of the room. The kids had fun swimming, seeing movies and playing bb.

Later we went to see Gary Delena at Wavebands. He was very funny! Dinner was at Animator's Palate.......that was a fun night.
Our daughter quickly made friends w/ the daughter of one of the families we ate dinner with. We got to know that family better and were so glad we did.
AFter dinner we went w/ our new friends to Match your Mate while our kids went to a movie. It was very funny watching those couples get really embarrased. They were troopers though.

Day three - more beautiful weather.
We took it easy and actually slept in some. We let our kids sleep in while we went to Parrot Cay for breakfast. Met a nice man and his young son and a nice young couple from Ohio (we met three Ohioan families on the cruise). They gave us the low down on the Disney Vaction Club. We had lots of questions. They were so nice to answer them!

Headed into Castaway Cay. It was VERY VERY CROWDED. We realized quickly that we should have gotten up and out early to get at least ONE seat in the shade. Many families had gathered up chaise lounges to put their things on them.......and then weren't even using them. So, I parked in the sand between
those saved chaise lounges and tried to stay in the shade as much as possible since I was so sunburned. I lathered up the rest of them and they went out to snorkle. They all loved it there. I was just not in the mood to do much. I was sunned out.
We ate lunch -- BBQ. It wasn't bad. My daughter wanted her hair braided so I took her to do that there on CC. Then my younger daughter wanted to......so I did that with her. It's cheaper there than anywhere we found. We paid $20 and $26.

My husband enjoyed the adult pool and our boys headed back to the ship. Then the rest of us dragged on into the ship. I got burnt more despite putting on 4 layers that day. If you missed a spot....then you got REALLY REALLY burned there......like around
your armpits.......don't miss that! ouch!

We then saw Disney Dreams. We loved it!!!!!!!! Don't miss it!
All the characters appear and it's wonderful!!!!!!!
Our two younger ones were with us and they loved it!

We packed before dinner since the bags have to be outside
the door by 11 p.m. the next day. The next morning we realized that my dd (11) had run off to play w/ her friends that evening after dinner and I thought she had shoes on and that she would wear them the next day! Wrong! She was barefoot and so she had to go barefoot to breakfast and off the ship until we got our luggage the next morning after we disembarked! So, be careful what you pack that night! :)

We went MUCH later to see Bringing Down the House w/ our youngest son. Had seen it before but gosh, it is so funny.
Our kids really didn't go to the Lab that day or even the day before. They pretty much went the first night and that was all they wanted to do. My dd did go the 2nd night for a little bit.

We never saw any children misbehaving on the elevators or elsewhere. It was nice that they kids could go do things on their own. We checked in w/ them often and they with us and we knew where they were MOST of the time.....if not we tracked them down. But, being that it was a 3 night cruise there really wan't much time w/ the dinners and excursions. We were very happy to see our kids make so many friends so fast. They all exchanged emails and are anxioud to hear from them. THey hated getting off the ship! They were having so much fun!

Our boys made friends w/a boy their age and my husband met thier family (they were from Kansas City, KS) and they were a very nice family as well as all the others we met.

Our room was quiet for the most part, but if I put my head on the pillow at night I could hear the floor below us......which was the Oceaneer Lab. But, once my head hit the pillow I was OUT!

We ate breakfast that last morning at our regular table and said our goodbyes to the Pittsburgh family and Egi and Jackie. Then we went out in the hall and took our pictures w/ our friends from Ohio and said our goodbyes to them.

We were hounded by the luggage guys, but we took our own luggage out due to the fact we had no place to go w/ them. My husband had to leave us outside (it was raining and so we got against the building) while he took a taxi to National to get another van. We got out our beach towels and wrapped up in them because we all had on shorts and it was COLD and rainy !
Brrrrrrr! We were the LAST family to leave the terminal! The security people all must have asked us twice each.......if someone was coming to get us and each time we had to explain. So, never again will we use National. We watched cast members get off the boat and leave in groups......some going off the boat for a week, others just for the afternoon, some were off for longer.

We headed off in the rain to NASA. We were pretty much miserable.....I had gotten a stomach bug the last night on the cruise and I was not feeling well. We thought NASA was really cool.......but at this point we were exhausted and ready to get to our hotel. We all fell asleep at the IMAX movie at NASA!
:) I'm sure we were quite a sight!

We drove all the way back to Kissimmee and finally found out hotel. (Lake Cecile Suites and Inn) Very nice place, like a stuido apartment and we got it for $99.......only time on the trip we all were in the same room! It had a full kitchen , two full baths, and fireplace and TWO TV's.

We flew home yesterday after spending 3 hours at the airport in Orlando due to National wanting the van back by 10 a.m.!

I know this was long.......sorry. I probably left out a ton more.

We had a EXCELLENT FAMILY VACATION and if we had to do it all over again......we would do the 7 day and NOT do DW. The land and sea together was way to hard on all of us. The first night at DW we got 3 hours sleep due to having a late plane arrival.
The kids were so about getting on the ship that they really didn't get to into DW......although they did have fun. The Disney cruise did NOT diappoint them! None of us wanted off the ship!

That's it from me!

I just loved reading your trip report - I felt like I was back on the ship! I hear you with the sunburn - on our first day, Nassau, I neglected to put sunblock on my hands and small place on one of my ankles - I didn't do this on purpose, just missed those areas. I had SPF 30 everywhere else (normally, I only where 15 and am fine, but I played it safe since this was my first time in the Caribbean). Well, I got such a bad burn on my hands and ankle, that they swelled up and turned purple! I was in tears at dinner that night. I even got a slight burn right through the sunblock that I kept reapplying. I had to stay out of the sun the second day (freeport), but slathered SPF 45 on for our day at Castaway Cay and was fine (I kept my hands palms up). Next time I will know better!

I think everyone would agree that we like to hear lengthy and detailed trip reports. So please don't apologize. Your trip report was awesome.
It just makes me more and more excited to go on our Land and Sea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter