Wonder's Panama Canal Repo 2011 - AND WE'RE NOT BRINGING IT BACK!

sorry i can't join u all guess i'll have to stick with my dec 2010 western as a fifteen day cruise in Jan with a sophmore with high school finals is not going to work :sad:

Hi all. I'm the original OP. As excited as we are for this trip, DH and I had a serious talk last night. By the time we travel back and forth and do the 15 night cruise it will almost be 3 weeks that DD is out of school. DH is disabled so we need to make sure add time for transfers and any other possible emergency. Even though she'll only be in 5th grade, its a long time to be out of school. She'll also just be coming off Christmas vacation so we're talking almost 5 weeks out, even though 2 would be school vacation.

So sadly, we decided to wait for the new ship and possible Europe the following summer. Now I'll go off in the corner and cry a little. I HATE having to be the adult sometimes! Why can't I just stomp my feet and say "BUT I WANT TO GO!!!" :headache: :mad: :sad2: :sad1:

I hope everyone has a great time though.

Hi all. I'm the original OP. As excited as we are for this trip, DH and I had a serious talk last night. By the time we travel back and forth and do the 15 night cruise it will almost be 3 weeks that DD is out of school. DH is disabled so we need to make sure add time for transfers and any other possible emergency. Even though she'll only be in 5th grade, its a long time to be out of school. She'll also just be coming off Christmas vacation so we're talking almost 5 weeks out, even though 2 would be school vacation.

So sadly, we decided to wait for the new ship and possible Europe the following summer. Now I'll go off in the corner and cry a little. I HATE having to be the adult sometimes! Why can't I just stomp my feet and say "BUT I WANT TO GO!!!" :headache: :mad: :sad2: :sad1:

I hope everyone has a great time though.

Aye I know, perhaps you wait until the kids grown up then you both can go anywhere...

or new ship come out something better for you??

Scottishwee35

Aye I know, perhaps you wait until the kids grown up then you both can go anywhere...

or new ship come out something better for you??

Scottishwee35
I have a feeling we will be cruising for a long time so yes, we can always go another time.

And DH is really hoping to do something with the new ship. I told him that the rumors are it doing the 3 and 4 night trips. He said "Well we'll just have to do B2B." :eek: Umm, okay fine by me. :rotfl2: Even though I would rather have PC and not the Bahamas I won't turn down time on the boat. And he's never been to Europe so he is chomping at the bit. As he uses an ECV to get around I think using the DCL for a hotel room will be the best way to go. I at least know that he can get a good night's sleep.

Now if only they would go to Scotland as that's one of the places that I haven't been. :thumbsup2 :)

I have a feeling we will be cruising for a long time so yes, we can always go another time.

And DH is really hoping to do something with the new ship. I told him that the rumors are it doing the 3 and 4 night trips. He said "Well we'll just have to do B2B." :eek: Umm, okay fine by me. :rotfl2: Even though I would rather have PC and not the Bahamas I won't turn down time on the boat. And he's never been to Europe so he is chomping at the bit. As he uses an ECV to get around I think using the DCL for a hotel room will be the best way to go. I at least know that he can get a good night's sleep.

Now if only they would go to Scotland as that's one of the places that I haven't been. :thumbsup2 :)

I think I must be very lucky that I had been Med 07 and Panama Canal 08 with Disneycruise as these were so awesome ... my son always crying when come off the ship.... no wonder he must enjoyed himself...

Nowaday we realised that our kids are grown up and more expensive for us to pay full price for flight to USA... I would love to see new ship but we booked with royal carribbean for my special birthday ... sometime I wish to wait a bit longer to see what disney cruise will be planning for 2011 with a dream ship...

maybe we change our mind about 2011 and we wait and see...

anyway, why not come over to Scotland and there is many so beautiful country like north west... mostly beautiful lake to see... :thumbsup2:rolleyes:

Mind you I am still waiting to see if disney cruise will be sailing to Scotland at Forth Bridge...:laughing::laughing: (as my dream is hoping in one day)...

Scottishwee35

As we've decided not to sail on the PC cruise, I feel it is only right turn over control of the thread to someone that is actually going to sail. I want to make sure that everyone can alter the original thread, plan FE, meets, etc.

The only way to do that is to request that this thread be closed and a new one started. MommaluvsDis will be starting a new thread as soon as the mods close this one. The new thread title will be:

From WDW To DL with love - January 06, 2011

Enjoy your cruise everyone!! :)

Thank you, Allison. We look forward to cruising with you sometime soon.

Hi all,

I am checking now to see if we can go ahead with the other thread.

So whats the scoop with the booking..We have been off the boards for 3 weeks on vacation.Has anyone been contacted by I.C.? Is there a actual date to book ? When would Disney notify those on a waitlist? Thanks for any info :)

Well, I just called DVC Member Services to see if they had points charts for this cruise.

Cat 5a - 591 per adult
Cat 5b - 572
Cat 5c - 559
Cat 6a - 534

Even with 3 years of points (we currently have 350/year) we don't have enough, though we could rent some to add to the total, but we'd have to do that by Monday - which is short notice. The other option is to pay for 1 adult with cash, which is on the order of $3500-$4000, which is not a good value, when we could get a 14-night Panama Canal cruise in a verandah on Celebrity for two people for the same price as one on the Wonder.

I think we'll not be on this sailing. We'll just have to go to Disneyland or Disney World, instead!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter