WOO HOO!! Alaska, Here we come! 8/25/2014

Just paid another mini-installment for this....$4,000 to go in 12 more months.

Mama needs to cut out some coupons......:hyper:

Ha, you sound like me. I keep track of how much more I need and how much that is out of each paycheck. Right now I'm ahead of the game, but the car is making a funny sound.

And according to the countdown app on my phone, we have 490 days, or 70 weeks to go.

I'm going to give up on this countdown. :lmao:

Anyways, I do the same thing keep track of how much I need to take out every month, including excursions. I even have a spread sheet with all this info and DH thinks that I totally lost my mind.

I'm more excited about this cruise than any of the upcoming vacations that we have this year :)

This will be my very first Disney cruise (first cruise ever actually). My husband has always wanted to go to Alaska, and I've always wanted to go on a Disney cruise...so we met in the middle :) We are cruising solo, sans our 4 kiddos! Happy 15th anniversary to us!

This will be DW's and I 2nd Disney Cruise, 3rd Cruise total, 1st time to Alaska, without our 2 DDs and celebrating our 15th anniversary as well!!

:thumbsup2

I actually watched some epidsodes of "Sarah Palin's Alaska" on Tvo the other day, JUST because it was filmed in Alaska.

Not even within a year yet.... ****:(****

This will be DW's and I 2nd Disney Cruise, 3rd Cruise total, 1st time to Alaska, without our 2 DDs and celebrating our 15th anniversary as well!!

:thumbsup2

Oh fun!! Congrats to your 15 years as well. We actually celebrate our anniversary in June, but wanted to book a cruise when the prices were lower, so we stayed away from the summer itineraries.

I actually watched some epidsodes of "Sarah Palin's Alaska" on Tvo the other day, JUST because it was filmed in Alaska.

Not even within a year yet.... ****:(****

I have been browsing the web on a non-stop basis lately for anything about Alaska! I have an Alaska pinterest board that I constantly add to, too! It's gonna be a long year (plus) !!

Super excited that my brother who lives in Japan has decided to join us on this cruise, along with his girlfriend.:cool1: I just upgraded our room to a verandah and booked them in the room next door last night.:) Can't wait to turn them into the DCL fans that me and my DD have become! We are booked for a 3 night on the Dream this August at which time I plan to re-shop this cruise and hopefully snag the onboard booking discount for both of our rooms.:thumbsup2

Joining this group! I plan on booking this cruise while we're on the Wonder this October. After several weeks of looking at our options from a date perspective, it looks like this one will work best for us. Our first cruise this fall will be to Nassau. DH really wanted to go to Alaska but because we're doing this over school fall break, Alaska wasn't an option. Won't he be surprised! ::yes:: He doesn't know I'm doing this. :cool1:

It will be me, DH, DS 13 (at cruise time), DD 10 (at cruise time). Can't wait! :banana:

We are so excited to be booked on the Alaskan cruise. Last year, we took the Magic from Galveston and had a terrific time. We wanted to go to Alaska and this looks like the perfect one to take.

DH, DD(6), and myself will be in one cabin with my Dad in the cabin next to us. Our long time friends will be down just a bit from us. We can hardly wait!!
:tinker:

Just off of the Fantasy and now heading to Alaska....room 7508 perfect way to end the summer!

Check in 5/27/14 arrrrggg still a year away lol

Liana

We booked this Alaska cruise while on our April 2014 eight night cruise on the Magic.
This will be our sixth cruise, if we keep this sail date. I'm just feeling iffy with this being so close to the start of school (my kids literally start the Monday we disembark and would miss the first day of kindergarten and second day respectively).
:teacher:
I just don't know.
:confused3
We'd originally thought of this as a dummy date but the idea of Alaska has really grown on us over the months. We're really, really hoping for VGTs to pop on an earlier in the summer Alaska cruise so we can move this to that.
We're currently booked in 5024 (it'd be our third cruise in a secret porthole room) with main dining.
Is there a facebook group too, or are we just a really quiet group so far?
Edit to add:
It will be me, DH Ben (ketchaggie on the boards), DS Chris (nearly 8 at sailing) and DD Kylee (5 at sail date)

We just walked off the inaugural 12-day Mediterranean with Venice cruise on Tuesday. What an amazing experience. Now we are in full planning mode for this cruise to Alaska. It will be myself (Kathy), DH (Michael), DD (Lisa-9 at sailing) and DS (Thomas-5 at sailing). DD accompanied us to the Med and loved it. DS stayed home. They are both excited about this cruise.

I am a wicked obsessive planner. Gant charts are my friend and I always bring a tabbed binder with the plan for each day broken out into 15 minute increments. We pack a whole lot of fun into our vacations. I say that but at the same time, I am sitting here with zero motivation or energy to unpack the bags from the Med cruise. We have been home for four days.

We just walked off the inaugural 12-day Mediterranean with Venice cruise on Tuesday. What an amazing experience. Now we are in full planning mode for this cruise to Alaska. It will be myself (Kathy), DH (Michael), DD (Lisa-9 at sailing) and DS (Thomas-5 at sailing). DD accompanied us to the Med and loved it. DS stayed home. They are both excited about this cruise.

I am a wicked obsessive planner. Gant charts are my friend and I always bring a tabbed binder with the plan for each day broken out into 15 minute increments. We pack a whole lot of fun into our vacations. I say that but at the same time, I am sitting here with zero motivation or energy to unpack the bags from the Med cruise. We have been home for four days.

Wow. I'm a planner but nothing like that. On the positive side I am nice and relaxed after my last (8 night) cruise and got the laundry done during the next day with a little help from the kids.

Wow. I'm a planner but nothing like that. On the positive side I am nice and relaxed after my last (8 night) cruise and got the laundry done during the next day with a little help from the kids.

Thankfully I did 12 loads of laundry on the cruise so we came home with plenty of clean clothes. I can probably eek out this post-cruise funk for a few more days. Then it's back to reality. :)

Thankfully I did 12 loads of laundry on the cruise so we came home with plenty of clean clothes. I can probably eek out this post-cruise funk for a few more days. Then it's back to reality. :)

Nice. I only launder on board if it becomes necessary.

Not sure if anyone is a member of zulily but the site's running a flash sale on Columbia sportswear for both kids an adults.

No idea what's still left but I got a great deal on a jacket this morning.

Got a great deal on a Fantasy sailing...5E for less than our 10A on this sailing. Alaska will have to wait until another year...
Thank you all.

Hey guys!! We just returned yesterday from Alaska and rebooked again for next year. This will mean we've done Alaska with Disney three years in a row!! LOL :) It must be good, right?

This trip will be our 6th Disney Cruise.. the first one cruising Gold, yahoo!

I went ahead and started a facebook group and a signup sheet for the FE Exchange group.

The facebook group is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/375041592628435/

The FE Signup sheet is here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au6ZjSAKNCdBdHNGaUJaUGRBaXZYZ3pxOWUwS3lFMFE&usp=sharing

Can't wait to start getting to know you all! I know we will have some influx of folks coming and going, since we are a year away. But it will still be fun to chat in the mean time. :)

This will be my first Disney cruise and have just found out about Fish Extenders. I would love to join a group!
Thanks!:)

Have heard numerous times that the alaska cruise is the best of the disney cruises. We had a blast on our 4 day (and first cruise) to Nassau and CC. Super excited to be planning for next august!

Hello! Below are some DISboards pages that I think might help newbies:

Fish extender info:
http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...&postcount=378
Check out the tips summed up and quoted at the bottom of page 93. There are also some good ones put into lists on pages 99, 101, and 104.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1380936
More tips:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2414407
Couple good recent Alaska trip reports:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3128311
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3126122

Super excited that our cruise is now less than a year away :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter