Word of caution MR 3/13 Wonder

hyperone

Earning My Ears
I never write any trip report stuff and we had no problems except what I want to tell you about below. It could have been either a Disney problem or an airline problem otherwise, great food, great service, great fun on this trip and it was our third. We also booked the Fantasy for 7/7/12.

One of the options if you fly home on a participating airline is that you can get your airline tags (bar coded kind that they put on at the airport) and boarding passes the day before you get off. I had 7 bags, 7 issued airline tags and 4 boarding passes. On the boarding pass is listed the airline bag number (long 10 digit or so number).

Now here is the word of caution, check the boarding passes and make sure they list the correct amount of bags with the corresponding airline bag number because I assumed that my boarding passes would have 7 numbers and actually they only had 6 listed. My fault for assuming! Well that other bag sat at the pier and never made it to our flight. Also the bar code that was printed on the bag tags wouldn't scan and those tags had to be replaced by our airline. Now I believe to "tag my bag everywhere" and even put copies of a passport in all my bags. It had 4 name and address tags on the outside so it did find its way back to home, but it did take 4 days. It wasn't an isolated case because someone else (we didn't know) flying back to our home city also had the same problem.

Also, as you all know it was really raining when they took the bags off the ship, so the bag in question was a bit sour when it did arrive. Nothing dry cleaning or washing can't take care of!

Chris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter