Working for DVC?

Love2BinDisney

Mouseketeer
OK. Here's a question. My husband has always thought that if we ever moved down to Florida that selling DVC is the job for him. Since we are such lovers of it ourselves and Disney fans also he thinks it is the perfect job for him. Just out of curiousity, does anybody have any idea what a position like this would start at salary wise and how much of a demand there is for hiring for these openings? We are not going anytime soon. Just wondering. Thanks.

My recollection (albeit based upon second-hand info) is that it is VERY difficult to get a sales position at DVC.

First, the people who staff the dozens of booths in the parks and resorts are not salespeople. They are just front-line contact people there to show folks the materials and try to get them to book a tour. I assume the compensation for these positions is quite unspectacular.

As far as sales positions go, I remember reading that one time they had roughly 3-5 openings to fill and received several hundred applications. IIRC sales positions also require a realtor's (?) license.

Also, I don't think there is much turnover at all... our guide has been with DVC since at least 1999, and I believe my parents' guide that sold them their membership has been there since at least 1993.

I think in general its fairly difficult to get a disney career job. If you don't do an internship or work in an hourly paying position in the parks first ifs difficult to get in. I have been trying for years. They like to promote from within the company. I wish I could work at disney but I can't just afford step down in my position to an hourly wage job just to get my foot in the door. I will keep trying! Maybe by the time I retire I can go back to an hourly position and work at the resort but thats many many years from now.

Just search on "Monster.com" . DVC sales jobs are available. Problem is that you have to be very skilled. They are looking for real estate licences in multiple states. I am sure that interpersonal skills have to be outstanding as well.

Leaves me out.... I wonder which Disney Job I could have with my interpersonal skills (Grumpy, maybe some type of villian).

My guide who left to go to Marriott told me about what he earned and it was in the 50- 60K range if I remember correctly. I'm in salary administration so we happened to strike up a conversation about income.

I recently interviewed a sales person that worked in the DVC environment and they stated they made about $50k and that it is very competitive and a very difficult sale.

Oh my god. My husband talks about DVC to anyone who will listen. We always joke that when we retire (long way to go) we will move to Florida and he can work for DVC. On one of our trips we have pictures of him behind the DVC booths acting like he works there!

I recently interviewed a sales person that worked in the DVC environment and they stated they made about $50k and that it is very competitive and a very difficult sale.

$50K??????? Can't imagine rushing after a job like that for that kind of money. Maybe at retiremnet but I've got a family to feed. My taxes are half of that per year (school/property)

You need a bachelors degree, a realtors license, sales experience and they would prefer you to be mulitlingual.

I believe they likely make more than the 50K mark we've heard here. I think I read of DVC guides making close to $200,000. At 50K there would be much more turnover.

As far as trhe grumpy husband comments, well add me to the list. I doubt I'll be pm'd anytime soon with a job offer from DVC. They may pm with a warning or bribe to stop the honest posting..........

$50K??????? Can't imagine rushing after a job like that for that kind of money. Maybe at retiremnet but I've got a family to feed. My taxes are half of that per year (school/property)

You need a bachelors degree, a realtors license, sales experience and they would prefer you to be mulitlingual.

I believe they likely make more than the 50K mark we've heard here. I think I read of DVC guides making close to $200,000. At 50K there would be much more turnover.

As far as trhe grumpy husband comments, well add me to the list. I doubt I'll be pm'd anytime soon with a job offer from DVC. They may pm with a warning or bribe to stop the honest posting..........

50K for a real estate sales position in Florida ?????

I don't think that is right either. Maybe a base of 50K with commission incentive.

50K for a real estate sales position in Florida ?????

I don't think that is right either. Maybe a base of 50K with commission incentive.

I agree. I mean for that kind of money you would be far better off using that realtors license and sell Florida Real Estate. Wouldn't be that hard to better that 50,000 figure IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter