Working on a coffee table book from last US trip

I have decided to do this too - but how do you condense 1500 photos to 50 pages.....

After the initial showing of photos I havent done anything with them for six months - I may have mentioned that I wasnt happy with my photos, new camera and all,

BUT ...I have discovered... LIGHTROOM:thumbsup2.

So now I have spent three days tweaking, mostly WB, and NR and I am only up to day 7 of our 24 day trip... my eyes hurt.... but its amazing what it can do.

I have only downloaded a trial version, so I have 27 days to finish or pay up!!:laughing:

aussietravellers - its a program that you run through Photoshop called Moirai Compositor.

You just open it in photoshop, select the images you would like for that page, it loads them in and then gives you 4-12 page layout options to choose from.

I found it really easy to use but it would depend on your experience with using photoshop etc. I wouldn't go out and buy special software to do it though. You can go to Memento and other online printing companies and they provide software for free.

P.S. I tried to leave a comment on your blog earlier in the week and it wouldn't load. Is your blog able to receive comments? Is it just me being an idiot :rotfl:

I have only just noticed your reply! Where have I been :confused3 How rude of me to completely ignore your reply :rolleyes1 :rolleyes: :rotfl: Sorry :flower3:

I actually have photoshop, but I have never used it :rolleyes1 I don't really know how to use it. I got it for my business and opened it a couple of times and became a little too confused :rolleyes1 (doesn't take much to confuse me :rotfl: ). I am on Momento's email list, when I joined they were only for PC so I couldn't use it as all of the computers in our house are Mac's, but I have just looked and they now have a mac version to download. So I will look at that, thanks for recommending that.

Not sure why my blog comment thing didn't work :confused3. It is set up for anyone to comment, so it should have worked, but blogger can be temperamental at time and can have things that are not working (the spell check has not been working lately), so maybe the comments were down that day. I used to have the comment as a pop up, so maybe you have no pop ups set up :confused3 I don't know how they work it. But I did change it recently to comment box within the blog. That blog software confuses me sometimes. So many settings :rotfl:

Sorry again for the late reply. Off to download the mac Momento software :cool1: iphoto does have good photobooks, a friend has done lots of them over the years and I have a few saved in on my mac, just haven't ordered them:sad2:, but I have seen momento ones and they look good too, so will give it a go (they won't look as cool as yours though, yours are just awesome!!!!)

I have only just noticed your reply! Where have I been :confused3 How rude of me to completely ignore your reply :rolleyes1 :rolleyes: :rotfl: Sorry :flower3:

I actually have photoshop, but I have never used it :rolleyes1 I don't really know how to use it. I got it for my business and opened it a couple of times and became a little too confused :rolleyes1 (doesn't take much to confuse me :rotfl: ). I am on Momento's email list, when I joined they were only for PC so I couldn't use it as all of the computers in our house are Mac's, but I have just looked and they now have a mac version to download. So I will look at that, thanks for recommending that.

Not sure why my blog comment thing didn't work :confused3. It is set up for anyone to comment, so it should have worked, but blogger can be temperamental at time and can have things that are not working (the spell check has not been working lately), so maybe the comments were down that day. I used to have the comment as a pop up, so maybe you have no pop ups set up :confused3 I don't know how they work it. But I did change it recently to comment box within the blog. That blog software confuses me sometimes. So many settings :rotfl:

Sorry again for the late reply. Off to download the mac Momento software :cool1: iphoto does have good photobooks, a friend has done lots of them over the years and I have a few saved in on my mac, just haven't ordered them:sad2:, but I have seen momento ones and they look good too, so will give it a go (they won't look as cool as yours though, yours are just awesome!!!!)

I didn't even realise you hadn't replied, don't worry about it luv.

I think Momento is the perfect way to go for you. Simple to use, lots of stylish layouts, perfect.

I will try to comment on your blog again, it was probably just me having a weird day lol.

Can't wait to see what coffee table book stuff you come up with.

Great photos! Thanks for taking the time to share them. We are planning a trip to WDW, New York and a cruise to the Bahamas next year and your photos certainly inspire me to keep on saving :)

What a great reminder. Your family will love it as they grow older and look back how lucky they were!!
:banana:

Shuttergirl, I adore your photos. I still haven't edited my 3000+ shots from WDW. I keep putting it in the too hard basket.

I hear ya Jade. But once you get on a roll, it's really fun because you kind of relive the trip. Give it a go, with a glass of champers in your hand. It makes it more fun :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter