• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"World of Color" from Grand Californian

skbaker

Earning My Ears
In December, we'll be staying at the Grand Californian several nights for a business conference. Is there anywhere from the hotel where guests can view (or partially view) "World of Color"??

There is a viewing patio in the 6th floor. While intended for WOC viewing, the view is not very good. Room key is needed to open doors.

There is a viewing patio in the 6th floor. While intended for WOC viewing, the view is not very good. Room key is needed to open doors.

To add to this, depending on the night it can be very crowded up there and the the only view that is available is along the rail, and that can fill up. At that point if you are not over 6 foot like me you will have no view at all. I have watched from up there a couple times and have had the whole thing to ourselves, and had the whole thing packed like sardines. So you never know what you are going to get.

Love the view from there during 4th of July time!! We can see the firework shows from surrounding cities as a bonus!! pixiedust:

IMO the view from the viewing area at the GC is underwhelming. It's on an angle and is nowhere near as immersive as actually watching it in DCA.

I guess it's kind of ok if you have already seen the show, but I can't recommend it if you have never seen WOC.

We've stayed at the GC twice and in our most recent stay (Sept) we were lucky enough to get a room on the same floor as the viewing area, but actually slightly more central so our balcony had a great view! :)

You can see it...but as others mentioned due to the extreme angle from the sides it is juts a bunch of pretty fountains...you do not really get any of the effects, story line, visuals or impact for the actual show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter