Worst Value Meal (Most overpriced)

I'm going slightly off topic here (I'm so sorry!) But I have to know, those pancakes in the pic? Are those souffle' pancakes? They look awfully thick and tall to be regular ones! (Souffle' pancakes are made by folding beaten egg whites into the batter gently. Think REALLY fluffy and soft.)

To stay on topic the most overpriced meal I've ever had was a plain chicken sandwich and fries at Cosmic Rays for 12$. It's not even that expensive, I know, but that particular day I got a very dried out bland piece of chicken and cold fries so that exact meal was a terrible value to me. I think I was just there at the wrong time. We did get to sit and watch Sonny Eclipse though so that helped! <3 10/10 loved the puns!

I'm going slightly off topic here (I'm so sorry!) But I have to know, those pancakes in the pic? Are those souffle' pancakes? They look awfully thick and tall to be regular ones! (Souffle' pancakes are made by folding beaten egg whites into the batter gently. Think REALLY fluffy and soft.)

Not sure, as, to my knowledge, Ive never had or seen Souffle pancakes. My DD ordered the pancakes and ate them, with syrup. I just asked her if they tasted any different than regular pancakes. She said no...but she is 15, so ??? And it was 2+ weeks ago, so double ??? !! I will say Ive never seen pancakes that thick before, but they were all the same exact shape and thickness, I assumed they were baked in some special tin/pan.

I've always read that any 2 credit meal (other than character meals) is the worst way to spend your dining points. Which is, for the most part, probably true.

For example....
Coral Reef (1 credit) has an entree for $40.
Jungle Navigation (1 credit) has an entree for $36
Cali Grill (2 credits) The most expensive meal is $75
Narcoosee's (2 credits) most expensive meal is $69

If you double the most expensive entree from the 1 credit meals, it will be more than the most expensive entree from any 2 credit restaurants. At least from what I could find!

I've always read that any 2 credit meal (other than character meals) is the worst way to spend your dining points. Which is, for the most part, probably true.

For example....
Coral Reef (1 credit) has an entree for $40.
Jungle Navigation (1 credit) has an entree for $36
Cali Grill (2 credits) The most expensive meal is $75
Narcoosee's (2 credits) most expensive meal is $69

If you double the most expensive entree from the 1 credit meals, it will be more than the most expensive entree from any 2 credit restaurants. At least from what I could find!
I think California Grill brunch may be an exception to that, since I think it's over $90 per person.

I love Disney and always will, but NONE of their food it’s worth their prices. Yes I can enjoy a rave about characters meals, but I’m paying for the interaction, for the memory me and my kids are making, not for the nothing special micky waffle.

Not sure, as, to my knowledge, Ive never had or seen Souffle pancakes. My DD ordered the pancakes and ate them, with syrup. I just asked her if they tasted any different than regular pancakes. She said no...but she is 15, so ??? And it was 2+ weeks ago, so double ??? !! I will say Ive never seen pancakes that thick before, but they were all the same exact shape and thickness, I assumed they were baked in some special tin/pan.

Thanks! I suppose it would be tough to taste the difference as I've heard it's mostly texture. Verdict: who knows. XD I follow a lot of Japanese food vlogs and they are trendy over there right now. I still wanna taste them even if they aren't, they just look so fluffy!

Going to join the chorus here and say if you are going to pick a "worst value" meal, OP sure picked a controversial one. I had the pancakes and they were really good and the whole meal experience with the characters was an excellent value, and I paid out of pocket. Sure you can burn a fastpass or wait ages to meet Rapunzel, but it is not the same as enjoying a character M&G at your table and that is why character meals are popular. Contrary to what OP said, many popular character meals do not have a unique character and are still popular because the format is preferable to meeting characters in lines at the park (e.g. CRT, Akershus, Tusker House, Chef Mickeys). Also, Trattoria has Flynn and Eric, which are both unique (outside of parties), and really fun characters to boot. Plus, I disagree when OP said that breakfast buffets are better meals just because they have more food variety: with buffets, you have to go up and get your own food (not easy if you have small kids), and there is always an unpleasantness of people contaminating food at buffets (I've seen so many people at WDW sneeze on food, pick things up and put it back, use hands to scoop up shrimp, just ick all around).

Also, making the choice to leave out the fruit compote, which was the best part of the pancakes, and then say it is a bad meal is strange. That's like ordering pasta but customizing it to hold the sauce and then saying it is overpriced because it is plain noodles.

If I had to choose the most overpriced meal at Disney World, I'd probably say anything at Disney Springs. I don't go to Disney World and pay theme park prices to just eat in a regular restaurant in a shopping district: I pay for the experience of eating in a themed restaurant in a beautifuly-imagineered park or resort.

I thought the $15 bowl of Fruit Loops at BOG was ridiculous. No characters there for breakfast to justify the price. My husband's breakfast for $28 when the same meal is 11.49 everywhere else was pretty crazy as well. We were on DDP but we will never go to BOG again with or without the plan. Way too chaotic and incredibly overpriced. The atmosphere just doesn't make up for it for us. We liked Trattoria al Forno and ignored the cost because of the characters you don't see elsewhere. While I enjoyed the meal very much, I wouldn't have paid for it out of pocket.

The "character" at BOG is the castle itself (watching the enchanted rose drop petals, the painting change from prince to beast, and the snow fall outside the ballroom). Plus PPO BOG breakfast gives you a "free fastpass" to 7DMT. For me, it is worth it when you factor in the PPO advantage but not worth it if I was not going there until after park opening. Just like at Oga's cantina you are not paying for the sugary, weak drinks--you are paying for atmosphere and access to the land.

I think most everything we had there was overpriced for the quality. Yes, most of the price is about the characters. But I don't think it's asking too much for decent quality food for the prices.

The tip thing, I don't know how lectury the comment was, but considering some people are less familiar with the DDP, and some are from out of the country, I think a comment about how service charge is not included makes sense and is warranted. I've never had the DDP, but I would have assumed that service was included honestly, or it certainly would be a question that I would consider asking, since I feel like the whole point of the DDP was to divorce the cost of the meals from the trip.

My best value was an ice cream cookie sandwich in AK that was like $6 and was a big snack we shared. Or Wolfgang puck express where I felt like I had really good high quality food at a slightly higher than quick service price.

My worst value was BOG dinner paid OOP, I wasn't thrilled with the food and it was the priciest meal we ate at any of the parks. The beast came in the room for like 5 minutes and then you had to wait on a line (we didn't).

BOG by farrrr. The place is cool and meeting beast is nice but the food when i went was gross and im not a picky eater, and beast cant interact much so really not worth it. I would go back for lunch because its cheaper just for the dinning rooms decor though
we had lunch there on a prior trip and it was one of the best experience for me. The Pork felt like real table service entree and the other food was fresh and good, once we got through the queue to order. Now with app ordering that will help.

I also think the Salutee Canteen is a good value

My in laws went to Trattoria for breakfast with their other kids. There was a 10 year old boy who hates princesses so they decided to eat OUTSIDE so that the characters couldn't get to him. They paid the premium for the characters and then just ate the overpriced food. I usually plan their trips for them but each time they do something on their own they make the most random and expensive choices.

With the "character meals" you are paying for the characters, most of the time the food, IMHO does not hold up to the cost, but hey on vacation most food is going to be expensive..........

My worst value was BOG dinner paid OOP, I wasn't thrilled with the food and it was the priciest meal we ate at any of the parks. The beast came in the room for like 5 minutes and then you had to wait on a line (we didn't).

Not sure when you went but we were there last week and the Beast was the first thing you did when we walked in......no lines......

How about Liberty Tree Tavern's dinner, which serves you buffet quality sliced turkey, mash potatoes, and stauffer mac and cheese for up to $59.99 per adult. Yeah, its AYCE, and priced just like other AYCE/buffets at Disney, but unlike most of those, there is no characters or entertainment of any kind here, nor is there any sort of choice that you might get at one of the buffets.

I just think for the price its horrendous, considering you could be eating fancy steak or seafood entries elsewhere at much nicer places.

Food at Disney is generallly priced at least $10/head more then what similar restaurants charge. Customers who don't eat much at all you care to eat meals, or guests who book less expensive entrees at fixed priced meals, always get poor value.

JMO By far the worst value I had was breakfast at CBR. The eggs and omelets were similar to the free breakfast buffets at places like La Quinta. The food was (almost) inedible.

I'd have to say the vegan sloppy joe at Cosmic Rays. Not that it costs a lot, it's that it is so bad it not edible. My fiance took a bite, spit it into a napkin and threw it away. I took a small bite thinking it can't be that bad.....it was worse than bad. Other than that, we didn't have a bad meal on our vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter