Would an electric powered motor home be possible?

lathamary

Mouseketeer
Whether we like it or not, we won't be able to drive our RVs forever. Oil is a finite resource.

Thinking towards the future, when gas will be $6 a gallon, then $10, then $20... will they start making alternative motor homes?

Will the motor home be extinct in 100 years, or do you think someone will come up with a smaller, ultra light weight, electric powered RV? Or maybe they'll get the hydrogen fuel cell thing figured out and maybe that would work?

Discuss :woohoo:

Campers are already being mad with very lightweight materials and getting more aerodynamic today. According to scientists, we have 150 more years of fossil fuels. Burn all you can. we won't be here then. It's somebody elses problems.:lmao:

Running the electric MOHO won't be too hard, but winding up the extension cord and stuffing it into the pass-thru storage will be a *****. :lmao:

Do you think they could get it to the point of running as a hybrid? If they can't do that then they won't be able to make it electric.

That's why you buy a trailer. I will just buy a 1,500lb elec. car and then hook my 12,000lb toy hauler to it. Problem solved thread closed.pirate:

That's why you buy a trailer. I will just buy a 1,500lb elec. car and then hook my 12,000lb toy hauler to it. Problem solved thread closed.pirate:

You idiot lol. I wanna see you driving it from Texas. Will you and Wendy be taking turns?

About 100 years ago when I was in high school, we were told that fossil fuels would only last another 30 years. They failed to take into account the possibility that other sources of fossil fuels would be discovered, and that, in reality, fossil fuels are still being created (don't be naive and believe that coal and oil were formed from one deposit of vegetation created millions of years ago - the reality is, these fuels are continuously in production from plant and animal material deposited over many millions of years).

Whether we like it or not, we won't be able to drive our RVs forever. Oil is a finite resource.

Ain't worried,,pretty sure I won't live that long.
Besides, pretty sure our current goverment administration is gonna have us plunged into the Dark Ages again before oil is gone.

hey, last time I checked, our TT did run off electric !

I can't remember exactly when it was, I think in 2008, but for a brief period Wachovia Bank sponsored a Hybrid transportation bus inside FtW. It accelerated on diesel & then switched to electric. Darnedest thing I heard was when it switched to electric and I didn't hear it! Ghost bus!

Like Donnie said, we ain't runnin' out anytime soon.

I think we'll discover new power sources long before we actually run out of oil. Something like dilithium crystals which enable the U.S.S. Enterprise to achieve warp speed.

Just throw some fancy rocks in the truck and Zoom !

What about Kryptonite ?
I mean, what the heck, Superman doesnt seem to be around much these days,,and I'm sure he wouldnt mind if we used up ALL the Kryptonite,,
I mean, wouldnt that be a endless sourse of power ??:confused3

Now all we havta do is find Planet Krypton,,
oh wait,,the president is shutting down Nasa,,nevermind.

Here is an article from several years ago:

U. S. Oil Discovery- Largest Reserve in the World

Stansberry Report Online - 4/20/2006

Hidden 1,000 feet beneath the surfac e of the Rocky Mountains lies the
largest untapped oil reserve in the world. It is more than 2 TRILLION
barrels. On August 8, 2005 President Bush mandated its extraction. In
three and a half years of high oil prices none has been extracted. With this
motherload of oil why are we still fighting over off-shore drilling?

They reported this stunning news: We have more oil inside our borders,
than all the other proven reserves on earth. Here are the official estimates:

- 8-times as much oil as Saudi Arabia

- 18-times as much oil as Iraq

- 21-times as much oil as Kuwait

- 22-times as much oil as Iran

- 500-times as much oil as Yemen

- and it's all right here in the Western United States .

HOW can this BE? HOW can we NOT BE extracting this? Because the
environmentalists and others have blocked all efforts to help America
become independent of foreign oil! Again, we are letting a small group of
people dictate our lives and our economy.....WHY?

Could the Saudi's be funding the environmentalist so prices don't go down??

I personaly believe that the plan behind closed doors, is to use up everyone elses oil, then they will go back to drilling ours in earnest, but at a far higher price.

But, back to the original question - electric MH or clean burning MH. If they ever develop a working fusion reactor, then electricity will be cheap, and they can use electicity to make hydrogen to either burn or run fuel cells for an electric motor. I still think they could crack the fusion reactor problem, if they put it an a crash program similar to the one they used when JFK made the race to the moon anouncement. Solar, wind, & water as power sources are fine and should be explored, but will never furnish all that is needed economically or reliably.

Hey !
I think we can nail this ALL ELECTRICAL POWERED RV down !!

All we need is a "Flux capacitor" and a "Mr. Fusion Home Energy Reactor"
and we'll be in business :banana: !!

Hey !
I think we can nail this ALL ELECTRICAL POWERED RV down !!

All we need is a "Flux capacitor" and a "Mr. Fusion Home Energy Reactor"
and we'll be in business :banana: !!

If you remember they converted the time machine to run on garbage. We might need those land fills after all.

Thinking towards the future, when gas will be $6 a gallon, then $10, then $20... will they start making alternative motor homes?

Will the motor home be extinct in 100 years, or do you think someone will come up with a smaller, ultra light weight, electric powered RV? Or maybe they'll get the hydrogen fuel cell thing figured out and maybe that would work?

Discuss :woohoo:

CNBC is airing http://www.cnbc.com/id/36264980/ on Thursday evening I believe at 8:00PM Eastern. Should be an interesting viewing as far as oil is concerned.

I personaly believe that the plan behind closed doors, is to use up everyone elses oil, then they will go back to drilling ours in earnest, but at a far higher price.

:thumbsup2

Only thing though is it is not about the price they can get when it happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter