Would love to scrap a page on Philharmagic, but...

Bertie131

DIS Veteran
I only have a couple pics--was unable to get any inside. It ended up being my favorite attraction in MK. Maybe I should just forget it, but before I do, anyone have any ideas?

You can always see what photos are available on the sticky thread, "Does anyone have a photo of..." thread. And if you don't see any there, request some. You'll never know what you'll get if you don't ask!

Use what picks you have. You could take one of them and choose small parts of it to enlarge. You could also take your favorite pic and repeat it in different sizes. In addition you could use some of the dimensional musical instruments and musical notes for embellishments. Another thing you could do is make a journaling box. layer it with several layers and foam tape to make it stand out and write about how you liked this attraction and why. The journaling could be your focal point instead of your photos.

i got a lovely pic of donald's butt after he shoots out of the tuba... c'mon you know you want it!

LOL!!!

Fran you are so gonna have to share that one with me!!!! I want it!!

Jumping up and down! I want it! I want it!! ;)

Me too! Me too! I want Donald's butt! Thank you for all the great ideas! I love the idea of using musical notes as part of the page.
Could you please send the pic over to me? How does that work anyway? In a PM? Just let me know--thanks!!

Here is my pic, if you want the high resolution version, please email me at fran98765 at yahoo.com, ty

pics461.jpg

You must scrap Philharmagic - it's my mom's favorite too. Along with the other suggestions already given, you can also look over on the photography board, sometimes they post hard to get photos like the one below (NOTE: not my photo, but lifted it off a board someplace).
49b378ee.jpg

Here's my photo from inside the giftshop of Philharmagic.
IMG_9574.jpg

You can also look at the main Theme Board's Community section because sometimes people post their photos there too.

After you finish the page, you must post so we can see!

I did a 3-D page using the pic of Donald (in the gift shop.)
Will try to post it later today or tomorrow.

Marylee pixiedust:

When I need "more" pictures of something, I rely on the trusty internet to help me out. Just do a search using the right 'key words' and I bet you'll find all sorts of pictures. Save them to your computer and print them just like the photos you took with your digi camera. Some will be sharper than others, depending upon how they were saved (saved for internet, versus saved in full resolution), but usually good enough to scrapbook with, in either case.

I am currently working on a 9/11 Tribute scrapbook. I was not there in person so, of course, did not have any of my own photos of the "attacks" or the "results", but found hundreds of high quality photos online to download, print and use in my book.

After seeing some of my pages, the ladies I scrapbook with have all started using the internet to add to their collection of photos when the ones they have either didn't come out as well as they'd hoped, or they just need more of them! My friend, Shirley, needed some pictures of the Osbourne Light Show (not sure of the official name), because hers didn't come out...I showed her how to find them online and she went CRAZY! She has a whole bunch of great pictures now, some taken by professional photographers, showing what her pictures would have shown had they come out better. :thumbsup2

Just my two cents about how I get around this type of problem. Good luck and happy scrapping! ;)

you might want to be careful about lifting other peoples images. Photographers are getting very protective about their copyrights.

you might want to be careful about lifting other peoples images. Photographers are getting very protective about their copyrights.

Oh, yes, I should have added that thought to my post. I'm usually careful to not use anything that's proprietary! Most photos that are not "supposed" to be copied, cannot be copied...they are protected in one way or another from being downloaded. But I am always careful to respect people's copyrights, when applicable. :thumbsup2

Here's the pix of the simple layout done last year of Philharmagic;
the page and the closeup of the 5 layer 3-D Donald.
Sorry if the pix are too big - everything's bigger in Texas! :rotfl2:

Marylee pixiedust:

IMG_8408.jpg

IMG_8409.jpg

Absolutley love your Philharmagic page! Thank you for posting it. How do you do that 3D effect?

I would be happy to send you some of the PhilharMagic photos of screen captions that I found in a book. They're fantastic! I also have some of the sign for it and then I'm going to include a lot of journaling. PM me if you want the photos.

To create the 3-D effect, I used 5 copies of the pic and cut out each layer, putting pop dots in between each layer.

If I can do it - anyone can! :thumbsup2

Marylee pixiedust:

Thank you for your post of your album pages! They look fabulous! I am going to do a page, b/c like you said, it is my favorite attraction! I could sit in there all day and watch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter