• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Would you buy again?

I think I've gotten my monies worth out of DVC. We've had a number of vacations, staying in accommodations like Grand Villas at BWV during Christmas week, that I could not normally even thing about staying in at the prices that they go for, even if you could get a reservation. Do I have the numbers to back it up, no, but I think I've come out ahead so far comparing where I've staying vs paying for a similar accommodation. When I get to the point that I'm not either using the points for stays or my renting out points doesn't cover the annual maintenance fee that's the time I might consider selling.

In my opinion the only two reasonable metrics are what you would have paid not owning or renting points for DVC. At times looking at the increased value is reasonable to figure into the equation.

I look at what I would pay if I didn’t own. Just curious if on the same page. I also take into account that price goes up to over the years

I look at what I would pay if I didn’t own. Just curious if on the same page. I also take into account that price goes up to over the years
1. And now you have to factor in parking if not staying as DVC owner or renter.

2. WDW inplemented the parking fees now because they believe they’ll be in a command position once Star Wars opens. Future pricing will certainly reflect that - - - in addition to parking fees.

One should figure OOP on cash with inflation as well as inflation for dues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter