Would You Like to Attend an Illuminations Dessert Party 1/28? UPDATED WITH FINAL INFO

akasleepingbeauty, has everyone paid or are we still waiting to hear from a couple?

Looking forward to it.

Puffy2,

We still have 2 groups (total 4 people) left to pay. I have heard from one but not the other but I am sure all will be taken care of soon.

I do have something I would like to "discuss" with everyone. When looking over the contract, Robert and I noticed that it was written for 25 instead of 24. So, Trina adjusted our price and it lowered the grand total by $28.76 (about $1.20 per person). I am willing to send this money back to everyone but first wanted to mention something and see how everyone feels about it.

I have a "premium" account with paypal but VERY seldom use it to receive money - I usually just use it to pay for things on ebay. I did not realize that at some point Paypal starting charging all premium users to receive monies of any origin (I thought there was a charge only for money from credit cards). So, when I realized I was being charged (2.9% + 30 cents per transaction) I just figured I would "eat" the cost (about $25.50 total) since it was my error. However, now that this "adjustment' has come up I was wondering how everyone would feel if I left the adjustment as is to cover this loss. If everyone is not okay with it, I will be more than happy to refund the money to everyone as it is not worth making anyone uncomfortable.

Please let me know how you feel and I will go from there.

Thanks everyone for your help in getting this all together and I can't wait to meet all of you next week!

No problem w/ us .... Thanks for giving us the option.... IOHO, leave the adjustment as is.... Thanks for putting in the time and letting us be part of it!

Dude:bounce:

hi rhonda.........please keep the extra from me.........i appreciate what you have done to make this work......you shouldnt have to pay for "almost another person"....by paying fees.

cant wait to meet everyone........it's gonna be great party......and a great spot to see illuminations......i just wish my dh could be there..........

see ya all soon

ditto: please keep it to cover expenses.

I have a question about paypal - since I signed up with only cc info and not a bank account info I am considered "unverified" and they said I would only be able to send money a certain number of times or up to a certain cap or something like that.

Do you know what they are talking about? I'm not about to give them my bank account information - too risky.

Puffy2,

You have a sending limit of $2000 as an unverified account holder. I understand not wanting to share your bank account information - that is certainly a personal choice you have to make. Unless you are attending a LOT of dessert parties I doubt you'll soon exceed the limit :) so you should be fine for now.

We only have one group left to pay and it is not for lack of effort - she has had a very difficult time trying to get set up with paypal but is trying her best.

Final paperwork all goes in today - yay!!!!

Only a few more days - it should be an evening to remember,

Gosh I hope you guys have a wonderful time. We'll be there at Epcot that night but hubby just couldn't justify the cost of having desserts (which I don't eat much of) for $31 each. BOO HOO!!

Does anyone still need info on when/where to meet? Hopefully I have provided this information to everyone but if you still need it please let me know!!

We are leaving Saturday but if anyone needs to reach me you can send me an email or PM as we will have access to the internet during our trip.

Safe travels to you all!

We wish you all a great time. Let us know how it turned out. I would like to consider it for our next trip.

Sorry I took so long to reply..just wanted to let everyone know that it really was great...the desserts were to die for....the veiw was smiply too great and the people were the best..Rhonda did such a great job..I e-mailed a picture to see if she could post it for you guys maybe she has been busy hope she got it..I am not the smartest computer person..anyway if you can do this I would highly recomend it and except for it being a little cold (but we were all bundled up) everything worked out great..wish I could have spoken to some more people there but it was dark and the time just flew..Rhonda even had a birthday cake for one of the girls and a guy but I can't remember their names...so if you are thinking about doing this I say GO GO & GO..Thanks again Rhonda and everyone else who was there it was beautiful..say hello to Gentry for me Rhonda and did you find her hat? Marianne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter