Would you trade a BB at a value resort for a unique code at SSR or OKW?

Kooks and Bay Bay

Mouseketeer
I'm currently staying at Movies with a 35% BB discount and wanted to switch to Poly but nothing has been available.

Got a 40% code to stay at SSR or OKW in a deluxe studio and I'm just debating if its really worth it?
They are not an ideal location for me and they just seem kinda "dingy"
Plus with this offer I'd have to book room and tickets separately.

What I do like is the deluxe extended evening hours but I could also just use my BB offer at a different deluxe and get that.

Anything I'm missing as to why I should change from what I have?

We've stayed at OKW and SSR, and I can assure you 'dingy' is not a word that comes to mind! We've done OKW way more, and it's a beautiful, peaceful place to stay. I agree the location might not be ideal with OKW or SSR, but it's not going to be ideal for Movies either. At least at SSR, you'd be within walking distance of Disney Springs, if that's of interest.

If EEH are important for you, perhaps make the move. If not, perhaps just enjoy the Movies resort!

I'm currently staying at Movies with a 35% BB discount and wanted to switch to Poly but nothing has been available.

Got a 40% code to stay at SSR or OKW in a deluxe studio and I'm just debating if its really worth it?
They are not an ideal location for me and they just seem kinda "dingy"
Plus with this offer I'd have to book room and tickets separately.

What I do like is the deluxe extended evening hours but I could also just use my BB offer at a different deluxe and get that.

Anything I'm missing as to why I should change from what I have?

Just my opinion here, but I suppose that's what you're asking for:

There's probably not a lot of debate unless the price, after discounts/tickets, is a big difference. You're talking about the difference between a value and deluxe resort. If the cost is relatively the same, it's a major upgrade to stay at Old Key West or Saratoga Springs, even if they are not the Polynesian or Grand Floridian.

They are definitely less convenient than monorail loop or Crescent Lake deluxes, and their prices reflect that. But, they are definitely maintained to the same standard.

This is not meant to disparage value resorts. They are wonderful and charming in their own right and have their own place in the world. With that said, they are not deluxe resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter