Wow- did you see this AKV ebay listing?

I read the comment along with all your comments along the way. What I was unclear was that this was a direct quote. I assume it was the quote in it's entirety.
Yes... all the emails I posted were complete. I thought I made it rather clear that I was posting the exact emails.

Thank you!

My only point in starting the thread was the misleading ebay listing. While I would not pay that much in cash for the villa, I made no judgement on the seller trying to rent a coveted reservation for big bucks. I have no idea how many points that reservation takes, but I wonder what the $ per point would be? Doesn't really matter, your post just made me curious.

You're nicer than I am (as I put on my flame-suit). I do have a problem with this ebayer, not only because his original offering was misleading (deliberate or not), but also because he seems to me to be very much a commercial renter. His two listings were for the hardest-of-all reservations to come by, too much of a coincidence for me to believe he and his family have had to change their plans, or were unable to use all their points in a particular year. If he is a commercial renter making those reservations just to sell them later may be something he can technically get away with, but I think it stinks. My guess is that two DVC families who would have liked to actually stay at AKV and BCV are getting shut out so this guy can make some money. I know he can get away with it, but that doesn't make it ok to me.

And for those who care about this guy being a commercial renter grabbing the best reservations to rent to others, I'd say he is. Here's his latest email:

"you and I both know it will sell
I have sold many of these just people don't have there plans for New years set yet.
Over the last 1.5 years I have sold a total of $15k in vacations to Disney and I am about to buy more points from a resller at beach Club"

And for those who care about this guy being a commercial renter grabbing the best reservations to rent to others, I'd say he is. Here's his latest email:

"you and I both know it will sell
I have sold many of these just people don't have there plans for New years set yet.
Over the last 1.5 years I have sold a total of $15k in vacations to Disney and I am about to buy more points from a resller at beach Club"

Disney closely monitoring and disliking the EBAY listings was a major component of the rumours back when the new rules were being formulated (ended up limiting transfers and number of ressies per year).

This guy isn't getting anywhere yet with his AKV listing (he has declined two offers on the BCV ressie he has out there). Maybe Disney has wait for a sale before they can actually take action since intent is not against policy?

I believe this guy is clearly a commercial renter but Disney policy may not support that since he is not using a dedicated website to exclusively sell DVC points and I believe that was a part of the criteria as they defined them.

As a legal aside....
Wording in sales should be understandable to
the least knowledgeable consumer

There's wording that's understandable to the GENERAL consumer and then there's wording that's understandable to the LEAST knowledgable consumer:

Windex: Do not spray in eyes.
Dremel Electric Rotary Tool: This product not intended for use as a dental drill.
Hair Coloring: Do not use as an ice cream topping.
Dial Soap: Directions: Use like regular soap.
Hairdryer: Do not use while taking a shower.
Sleeping Pills: Warning: May cause Drowsiness
Christmas Lights: Warning: For indoor or outdoor use only.
Mattress: Warning: Do not attempt to swallow
Auto-Shade Widnshield Visor: Warning: Do not drive with sunshade in place. Remove from windshield before starting ignition.
Fix-a-Flat: WARNING: Do not weld can to rim.
Pine Mountain Fire Logs: Caution: Risk of fire
Hair Dryer: Warning: Do not use while sleeping.
Road Sign: Caution water on road during rain.
Children's Superman Costume: Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly.
Air Conditioner: Caution: Avoid dropping air conditioners out of windows.
Rowenta Iron: Warning: Never iron clothes on the body.
Slush Puppy Cup: This ice may be cold
American Airlines Peanuts: Instructions: open packet, eat nuts.
Hershey's Almond Bar: Warning: May contain traces of nuts
Chainsaw: Do not attempt to stop chain with hands.
Hotel provided shower cap in a box: Fits one head.
Tesco's Tiramisu dessert: (printed on bottom of the box) Do not turn upside down.
Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding: Product will be hot after heating.
Sainsbury's peanuts: Warning: contains nuts.
Diposable Razor: Do not use this product during an earthquake.
Curling Iron: Warning: This product can burn eyes.
Case of a chocolate CD in a gift basket: Do not place this product into any electronic equipment.
Toner cartridge for a laser printer: Do not eat toner.
A toilet bowl cleaning brush: Do not use orally.
Microwave Oven: Do not use for drying pets.
Knife sharpening stone: Warning: knives are sharp!
Portable stroller: Caution: Remove infant before folding for storage.
Credit card statement: Payment is due by the due date.
Box of household nails: CAUTION! - Do NOT swallow nails! May cause irritation!

There's wording that's understandable to the GENERAL consumer and then there's wording that's understandable to the LEAST knowledgable consumer:

:rotfl:
This has me in tears...especially the Dremel tool. Darn it...I thought I had found a way to save on dental bills for the kids! ;)

Disney closely monitoring and disliking the EBAY listings was a major component of the rumours back when the new rules were being formulated (ended up limiting transfers and number of ressies per year).

This guy isn't getting anywhere yet with his AKV listing (he has declined two offers on the BCV ressie he has out there). Maybe Disney has wait for a sale before they can actually take action since intent is not against policy?

I believe this guy is clearly a commercial renter but Disney policy may not support that since he is not using a dedicated website to exclusively sell DVC points and I believe that was a part of the criteria as they defined them.

I figured Disney watches this stuff, but the seller also claims to have sold $15,000 of Disney reservations in the last 18 months. If they really wanted to "get him" on it they should have been able to by now.

I don't plan on reporting this guy either to Disney or to the IRS. All I was concerned about originally was the poor wording in his ebay listing. I just find it interesting that he pretty much admitted he's a commercial renter.

Take money away from the Mouse and the Mouse will bite you. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter