Wow...Easiest ADRs ever?

We were at narcoose’s in March. Good food and service. We hadn’t been there in a couple years. Prices have increased substantially. The cheapest bottle of red wine was $70. We splurged but that is a bit daunting. We would never eat at 5 though. Our reservations were 9pm but we went a little earjy to watch the fireworks from the porch.

I agree pricing and/or food can turn people away. I don't believe this is the main reason for the recent ease of access to ADR. If people were really turned off by the cost, we would have seen fewer guests/more empty tables at most establishments. On the contrary, restaurants have been as full, and some of them are even fuller than before. At least they were during our 25-30 table services within the past 11 months.

So, it's not just me and not just this time period. Interesting. I'm glad though. Gosh, remember when we used to book ADRs 180 days out!?!! And we got up at the crack of dawn to secure the most sought after ones SIX freakin' months ahead of time.

Whatever the reason, I'm glad it's not so insane anymore.

Agree with your sentiment completely but there was something satsifying, even rewarding, as going "wow, can't believe we got Cinderella's Royal Table for 12 of us on the day and time we wanted" right after that frantic timeframe of making ADR's. The planning alone on who from your group was going after what reservation is pretty funny to look back at. Still don't want to do that again though.

Yeah, the ADRs were incredibly easy to get. It's been another thing with tours, I hesitated a bit on a couple of them and they disappeared quickly. It's mostly my own fault because I wanted a morning tour and all I could get was afternoon so I did hesitate. DH also only has a 3 day ticket so there weren't many days to choose from.

We were at narcoose’s in March. Good food and service. We hadn’t been there in a couple years. Prices have increased substantially. The cheapest bottle of red wine was $70. We splurged but that is a bit daunting. We would never eat at 5 though. Our reservations were 9pm but we went a little earjy to watch the fireworks from the porch.
Yeah, we usually book closer to 5-6. This May I booked at 8:20 so we should catch the EP and hopefully some of the fireworks. I had to give DH the bad news because it's way too late for him. Actually, it's way too late for both of us but it's only one night. It will be a very late night for me because I can't go to bed at least 3-4 hours after a big meal. Another good thing about booking at 5:00 was we always got a window seat.

1. We got all our 2022 adrs within two weeks of our trip, nothing was really showing up 60 days out.
2. We do less and less adrs each trip.
3. Disney dining especially TS quality imo continues to decline as prices continue to rise.
4. Especially BOG and ESPECIALLY Ohana. This will be the first trip (of which this is the 4th) we will not return to Ohana).

Last edited:

it sucks now
"Sucks" as in:
A. You would not pay $80 to eat there.
B. You would pay a smaller amount to eat there.
C. You would eat there if it were free.
D. You would pay $80 to NOT eat there.

I'm trying to gauge on whether the food and/or ambience is really that bad, or people just don't think the experience is worth the price.

I try every place I have interest in until I find it unacceptable. I bet there is a number of negative reviews about every place on site. Either quality of food or overpriced or both.

I am not saying people with those opinions are wrong, but I feel I need to decide myself.

I try every place I have interest in until I find it unacceptable. I bet there is a number of negative reviews about every place on site. Either quality of food or overpriced or both.
I agree! Having eaten at BOG five times in the past 11 months, I find the theme superb and the food agreeable. That's why I don't understand all the negativity, and I wonder if the cost distorts people's opinion.

I agree! Having eaten at BOG five times in the past 11 months, I find the theme superb and the food agreeable. That's why I don't understand all the negativity, and I wonder if the cost distorts people's opinion.

If you have only eaten there in the past 11 months it's pretty easy to understand the negativity.

Yeah, we usually book closer to 5-6. This May I booked at 8:20 so we should catch the EP and hopefully some of the fireworks. I had to give DH the bad news because it's way too late for him. Actually, it's way too late for both of us but it's only one night. It will be a very late night for me because I can't go to bed at least 3-4 hours after a big meal. Another good thing about booking at 5:00 was we always got a window seat.
I can't wait for my 5pm Narcoossee's in a couple weeks :D I have a 6 year old, so that's my excuse! I will definitely ask for a window seat though.

For my trip in a few weeks there is still a pretty good selection of ADRs, but not everything anymore. I will say that a month out there were more options than there are now (that's when I booked a few, none at 60 days) with a few exceptions that I happened to look at, but didn't care about: CRT, Sci-Fi.

I agree, ADRs were extremely easy this week. I am going May 30-June 9 and was able to get Topolino's and Space 220 quite easily and early in the evening which I prefer.

Because before having lunch there was an enjoyable experience, now you're tied into a menu, same goes for dinner

Absolutely agree. Lunch was awesome there before. The french dip sandwich was excellent and having your choice of seating area along with the drink station were nice touches. Sure it was a little higher of a price for what was considered a quick service but you knew ahead you were paying for that ambience & setting. Now, $70 for lunch before tax and tip. Forget it. Not to mention even the dinner menu had better options previously. Glad we hit BOG a lot pre-changes.

I was sitting at the drive-thru at Taco Bell and it hit me...I was supposed to make Disney ADRs two days ago! So I came home and got busy. I wasn't too worried, I only wanted a few dinner reservations: Boathouse, Narcoossee's, California Grill, and Citricos...but I worried I might not get exact times (5:00ish) I wanted, or days. I shouldn't have worried. All were available for 5:00 (or 5:10 in some cases). Easy-peasy. But the really shocking thing was that I noticed things like Ohana and Be Our Guest and pretty much anything and everything still had tons of availability for these times too. I didn't really look for much else, but I have NEVER, in all my years going to WDW, seen those two in particular with prime dinner times still open days into the booking window.

This will also be the first time I've gone in May though too (26th-30th). Maybe it's just a sweet spot before more schools let out and it won't be a very busy time? Here's hoping! I teach and my school gets out earlier than most, so I'm fortunate.

I'm not sure I'll keep all of the ressies I got. The Boathouse is locked in and one of the GF restaurants (since that's where we're staying), but not sure about Cali Grill or a 2nd GF dinner. Boathouse is the only one we've been to before.

If anyone has recent experiences with Cali Grill, Narcoossee's, or Citricos, I'd love to hear!

I booked ours a couple of days ago and had a similar experience. I was traveling for the eclipse and couldn't book dining when it opened. I had to wait a couple of hours and worried about more popular experiences like Oga's. None of it was an issue, and I got to book everything we wanted!

"Sucks" as in:
A. You would not pay $80 to eat there.
B. You would pay a smaller amount to eat there.
C. You would eat there if it were free.
D. You would pay $80 to NOT eat there.

I'm trying to gauge on whether the food and/or ambience is really that bad, or people just don't think the experience is worth the price.
I mean A, B, and C all work for me.

The issue is they use to have great food and ambience and it cost around $10 per person.

Now the food is still similar quality and it costs $80 per person.

So for instance, my family use to pay around $50 to eat there for breakfast/lunch and the experience was amazing.

Now at $300++ I'm not really singing its praises anymore. It isn't worth it...I can eat at Grand Floridian Cafe 3 times for that price... and the food is just as good in my opinion.

I agree, ADRs were extremely easy this week. I am going May 30-June 9 and was able to get Topolino's and Space 220 quite easily and early in the evening which I prefer.
I also managed to snag Sci Fi and Garden Grill as well. Easiest ADR picks ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter