WOW..my ex husband is amazing

sarah4770

DIS Veteran
I cannot believe it. I NEED a little break, from the kids, the job, the house upkeep, and the COLD. My ex lives in Orlando, and we were talking.I was able to book a quick long weekend for next weekend.,however, when we went over the choices for fl. residents available for my dates., One of the deluxes at the epcot resorts was avaialble. But I think the price is a little high, after all, it is peak season. He told me to go ahead and book it, using his cc. (he will stay with us). Other choices were okw and the values, which I would have been more than fine with.
He wants to spend some time with his son, and he knows how much I like the epcot resorts,and the easy access to mgm and epcot. He is not an extravagant man, by any means, never has been, so I just mentioned in passing that this resort was available., and he said" go ahead you are worth it". WOW! We have been divorced 13 years. WOW, what a guy! Why did I divorce him anyway? He said he will have a bottle of wine for me too. Anyway, wanted to share that bit of news with you all. we are staying at pofq the first 2 nights, which I am happy about, then he will move us over the last two. I am soooo excited!

ps., after being divorced so long, and having someone do something this nice to me., well it just means a lot to me.

Do I smell reconciliation here???:) A bottle of wine..hmmmm..make sure the bill is paid for upon arrival..lol just kidding:)
I am happy for you, have fun and I hope your son enjoys his time with his dad!

You dont have to explain yourself! If no one else understands, who cares! Have fun!

well,if you could know about some of the guys up here that I have dated., they just expect you to do it all, I guess they are used to that. it is nice to be treated well, and get a break.

You probably divorced him because he was impossible to live with and not as grown up 13 years ago. It is amasing what time does.

wow thats so great! and really good for the kids too...my parents get along very well too, its totally normal to me but my friends and DH think its sort of "weird"...yay!

Sounds like there is still love there. ;)

I think that is great. I hope you have a wonderful time.

Man I wish my parents got along this well. My parents aren't civil at all. My mom is wanting to take my dad to court and my dad wants to take my mom to court, it is all just very ugly. They are acting liking a bunch of two year olds.

There's many different way to love each other and "get along". I'm proud that
you two have this kind of relationship now. It's important for your son. Good
for you. Have a blast. You more than deserve it. :thumbsup2

That's great that you have a good relationship. Your son is very lucky to have divorced parents who get along so well! (hmmm... good luck on the bottle of wine.... maybe a little love in the air????) :rolleyes1

Thats a very nice thing he is doing, but he isn't doing it to merely spend time with his son. If that were his only motive, he'd invite the son on a WDW trip himself or a trip together somewhere -- without you. He wants to spend time with his son and his ex wife, together. Maybe there is a reconciliation in the works? Time changes people, and he may be the man you hoped he was now.

Hope you have a wonderful time. We love the Epcot area resorts!

Good for you. I hope all three of you have a wonderful time!!

No need to explain...sounds like you have a good relationship & that is th ebest thing for you DS. I hope you enjoy your break & that you & your X can move forward in whatever direction you would like. There is so much hatred in the world that this is a beautiful thing to hear.

pixiedust: for you!

Wow, that's awesome!! And so wonderful for your son to see you two getting along so well. Have a wonderful time!!

With all of the bickering and putting the kids in the middle divorce stories you hear, it's so nice to hear of an ex-couple that can do this type of thing for one another. I don't necessarily agree with the previous posters though. Although a reconcilliation would be great (if it's the right thing for all involved), I think that you can have a deep love for someone without being IN love with them. Your son is a very lucky boy to have such caring parents!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter