Wow...Outrage over Stroller Rental Price Increase...What's that About?

Yes, it is crazy that a double stroller is almost as much as an ECV.
I don't have any children, but we took my nephew to WDW a month or so ago. We rented a single stroller. I sort of thought $10.00 was high, but we needed it. If we were doing it again, I would lug his stroller from home.

UGH! All I can think of is all of those strollers on the buses. You can't blame the parents but a lot of them take up a ton of room. Disney can put the profits from this crazy price increase towards the extra buses they're going to need when the aisles are full of strollers.

UGH! All I can think of is all of those strollers on the buses. You can't blame the parents but a lot of them take up a ton of room. Disney can put the profits from this crazy price increase towards the extra buses they're going to need when the aisles are full of strollers.

EXACTLY what I've been thinking. Can you imagine what that will be like now? :scared1:

Wow, there is justifiable outrage all over the boards about the price increase on stroller rentals! I hope Disney is prepared for the flood of emails and phone calls they are apparently getting right now based on what people are saying on the couple threads I just read.

A double stroller rental went from $18 a day to $31 a day??!?!? :scared1:
$270 to rent a stroller for 10 days?! A couple years ago we rented a length of stay stroller from our towncar company for the whole week for $30!

That's amazing and STUPID on Disney's part.

Just think how many more people are going to bring their own strollers or rent from off site places now. Think how that is going to clog up what little room there is already on busses and monorails. As well as a bunch of other very good points brought up on those threads. :sad2:

So sad, It would have been more convenient for us and I agree that the monorail & busses are going to be a nightmare!

I can already see the horror at park closing. Disney is going to need that extra money for the security guards they will have to post at the bus stops. You already have wheelchairs now tons of strollers too. Oh my!! :sad2: Think happy thoughts, Think Happy Thoughts. :dance3:

EXACTLY what I've been thinking. Can you imagine what that will be like now? :scared1:

This looks like a job for.....

STROLLER BOY!!!!

:cheer2: :woohoo: :banana: :banana: :banana: :woohoo: :cheer2:

GO STROLLER BOY GO STROLLER BOY GO GO....GO STROLLERBOY.

OK enoungh of my cheerleading. This just really stinks.

I got it.....

Disney is doing this to divert attention away from the food price increases...

Next will be a holiday surcharge for stroller rentals.....

The reason...they are responding to customer demands...

Then they will increase the price but you get a photo package included with all stroller rentals....:rotfl:

I got it.....

Disney is doing this to divert attention away from the food price increases...

Next will be a holiday surcharge for stroller rentals.....

The reason...they are responding to customer demands...

Then they will increase the price but you get a photo package included with all stroller rentals....:rotfl:

And it's just a photo of the stroller and a brief biography! :rotfl:

the budget boards folks have been doing stroller swaps for *years* now... don't know if they have any in process, but i am sure if not, they will soon enough... it was simple, one poster bought a stroller and left it for the next guest to pick up at the luggage room... usually they were organized by resort...

Figures. My great idea is so old and dusty they quit doing it. :sad1:

I was thinking that maybe some ding dong at disney got a wild notion that since the airlines were going to start charging for more than one peice of luggage which would include strollers, golfclubs, etc. (I've noticed that some check their strollers instead of taking them to the gate) that more and more families would be opting to leave their strollers at home and figure they would rent one at WDW. :confused: Then they get screwed by the price because they're stuck. How unfortunate!!!:sad2:

I normally do not speak this way but all I can say is

This is frickin ridiculous!!!:mad:

I sent an e-mail as well. I agree....let's show them the power of the fan community.

The locker idea doesnt sound so crazy now...does it?

I wonder if they''' do a "length of stay" rental?

Not to sound dumb but has this been confirmed from Disney?

Disney's website still shows $18.00 per day

You guys like my rants so much - just wait for this weeks show.

Pete

Ooooooooooooooooo, I can't wait! I was bummed Pete wasn't going to be around for this week's show. Maybe it's a pre-recorded rant????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter