Wow the non UK part of this has a tough crowd.

I didn't think the non-UK bits were that bad, maybe I've been flamed and haven't realised? :rotfl:

That being said I have seen some awful comments thrown at other posters on the strategies bit, the thread in the OPs first post seems tame compared to some stuff.

OP, don't let it get to you, they're just strangers behind a screen. :hug:

Also sometimes it may seem like someones coming across a bit harsh when in reality they might not be. All we can see infront of us are words and not the posters 'real' intentions behind them.

I will say this aswell, the UK section is full of nice and supportive people. I didn't think I'd really post much after I got married in Disney and stopped having so much to do on the Wedding section. But here I am.... :) x

I remember on another board commenting on someones post on the subject of reclining plane seats.All i said was i thought on a night flight after food it was perfectly acceptable to recline,but wow was i wrong:eek: Needless to say i came back to DIS like a scolded puppy:scared:

I remember on another board commenting on someones post on the subject of reclining plane seats.All i said was i thought on a night flight after food it was perfectly acceptable to recline,but wow was i wrong:eek: Needless to say i came back to DIS like a scolded puppy:scared:

Surely if it wasn't ok, they wouldn't have a reclining feature? :confused3

Honestly, these boards sometimes. I'll make sure I sit upright and don't sleep on my next flight to keep the grumpy DISers happy :rotfl2:

Surely if it wasn't ok, they wouldn't have a reclining feature? :confused3

Honestly, these boards sometimes. I'll make sure I sit upright and don't sleep on my next flight to keep the grumpy DISers happy :rotfl2:

I think that sort of thing needs to be seen in context (referring to the content of the thread). Most folk posting on there are doing flights under four hours. It is often a smaller aircraft and space is tight. It is not that hard to sit for a couple of hours on a plane without the need to recline your seat. A 9/10 hour flight however is another matter entirely. Those hot topics come up frequently and I have not reservation saying that I will recline my seat if I see fit. Because the main boards are so vast and take so much traffic, I have to confess that I don't always go back to see if anyone had an opinion on my opinion and I don't subscribe to threads so there is no way of knowing.

Don't think I will ever dare to post anything on the theme park stratagies part of this board ever again. Just been flamed over there- They don't hold back do they?

They have a completetly diff way of responding to a post they don't agree with.

all I said was that I wouldn't let my girls 19 and 15 wonder about after 3am on their own (so when out at EMH they have to stay together and that after EMH they would have to be met off the bus coming back to OKW ). You would think I had said that they wern't allowed to go out on their without us at all, even during they day.

Never again:sad2:

I am sorry your experience on TPAS was not what it should be.
If there are particular posters who may have been in breach of the DiSboard rules please use the report post button and state the name of the poster.
Alternatively send me a PM.

The posters on UKTP have a lot to contribute to TPAS so I hope you will post in the future.

:laughing::laughing: I just took our eldest whose 16 to his Prom and had EXACTLY the same conversation. I told him even when he's 40 he'll always be my baby :rotfl2:

I always remember seeing a local TV news programme where a lady who was celebrating her 100th birthday was interviewed.

She was asked "Do you have any worries now that you are 100?" and her answer was "I don't have to worry now that my youngest son has got a place in the old people's home."

Don't think I will ever dare to post anything on the theme park stratagies part of this board ever again. Just been flamed over there- They don't hold back do they?

They have a completetly diff way of responding to a post they don't agree with.

all I said was that I wouldn't let my girls 19 and 15 wonder about after 3am on their own (so when out at EMH they have to stay together and that after EMH they would have to be met off the bus coming back to OKW ). You would think I had said that they wern't allowed to go out on their without us at all, even during they day.

Never again:sad2:

I've come up against this a lot and have stopped posting on the US community forum! Don't worry about it that is the American way! Not very nice when you come up against it! :scared1: DH (who is an US citizen) reckons that's how a lots of Americans convince themselves of the correctness of their world views by shouting down opposing view points!!

I've come up against this a lot and have stopped posting on the US community forum! Don't worry about it that is the American way! Not very nice when you come up against it! :scared1: DH (who is an US citizen) reckons that's how a lots of Americans convince themselves of the correctness of their world views by shouting down opposing view points!!

i'm an american too - and yes, i agree!!

i'm pretty sure i started out on the UK board when i first started on the dis over 10 years ago.....

i've learned so many useful tips on this board....and saved a bundle as well...

plus, everyone is so nice here, it's just a wonderfully friendly board to frequent..

I think that sort of thing needs to be seen in context (referring to the content of the thread). Most folk posting on there are doing flights under four hours. It is often a smaller aircraft and space is tight. It is not that hard to sit for a couple of hours on a plane without the need to recline your seat. A 9/10 hour flight however is another matter entirely. Those hot topics come up frequently and I have not reservation saying that I will recline my seat if I see fit. Because the main boards are so vast and take so much traffic, I have to confess that I don't always go back to see if anyone had an opinion on my opinion and I don't subscribe to threads so there is no way of knowing.

The Board in question was the DIBB, and it was about UK to Orlando flights, thats what made the whole thing even more unreasonable in my eyes.People here are much more gentle folk:flower3:

The Board in question was the DIBB, and it was about UK to Orlando flights, thats what made the whole thing even more unreasonable in my eyes.People here are much more gentle folk:flower3:

Well that's just case in point then isn't it - it's not a UK/US issue. The UKTP posters have a different set of group dynamics. I refer to my previous comment in this thread: It's not "them" who are different - its "us" :goodvibes

People here are much more gentle folk:flower3:

I agree wholeheartedly with this - the DISBoards as a whole are way more friendlier than many other forums.

On another travel-based board, I recently posted a comparison of a product offered by 2 airlines, based on my own recent experiences and information taken from the airlines websites. I was flamed by someone who didn't just disagree with me, but pointed out my "glaring errors" and appeared to be telling me that I did get given a newspaper and did regularly get offered drinks etc when, in fact, I did not!

I think it's good to share opinions and experiences. But I don't expect to effectively be called a liar. :sad2:

sometimes it's even more stupid than that.

Anecdote :
yesterday, French Disney Forum.

A female poster comes to tell how a group of teens abused her parents by telling them they were too old for DLRP.
And she told us how she was upset that they used such foul language.

She made a HUGE mistake (i'm being ironic here) when she used a wrong form for a verb. Just think of this as if she typed "Thaught" instead of "Thought"

Some smart*** felt the need to reply that before talking about other people's foul language, she'd better clean up her act and learn how to speak correctly in the first place ...

Sometimes people just want to show off and show they are superior, they are oblivious to the fact that they make fools of themselves.

Never let it get to you. Trolls will be trolls, and show offs will keep on showing off.

And to comment on what was said some posts above, trying to prove a point by shouting the loudest is very similar to some others who compare who pees the farthest.

Sometimes, the only purpose of a flame is to force the mods to shut down a thread. And that's just what those trolls want. Because they don't want the topic to be discussed at all.
If you let it get to you, and worse, if you begin to argue with the flamer, no matter how valid your point is, you've lost as soon as you hit that Submit button

Well, I think you're all wrong and I'm right, so there! (Just trying to even things up with the rest of the boards). :thumbsup2

And to comment on what was said some posts above, trying to prove a point by shouting the loudest is very similar to some others who compare who pees the farthest.

By the way, I definitely pee the farthest. I'm well known for it round these parts.

Kev

I have to agree that it's "us" on this board that are really different. His is the friendliest board I've seen on any forum. Lots of regular posters, always extensive advice and help, I think it's partly down to the board not being TOO heavy with traffic.

I love this UK Board, I have a load of really "silly" questions and whenever I have asked one, I've always had polite reply and never flamed. People may *think* I'm a total moron but at least they dont verbalise it!! :rotfl2:

I occasionaly dip my proverbial toe into the US boards but its a bit scary over them in some of them :scared1:

I love this UK Board, I have a load of really "silly" questions and whenever I have asked one, I've always had polite reply and never flamed. People may *think* I'm a total moron but at least they dont verbalise it!! :rotfl2:

I occasionaly dip my proverbial toe into the US boards but its a bit scary over them in some of them :scared1:

there are NO silly questions!!!! we've all had what we thought were silly questions at one time or another (i have them pretty much all the time)...
it's great that people have the nerve to ask those silly questions because for every question asked there are certainly many people out there who were wondering exactly that but were too shy to ask...
so when you ask it and it gets answered you're helping not just yourself but everyone else who was wondering the very same thing!!!

I have a load of really "silly" questions

You know what my teacher used to say when I was 8 or 10yrs old ?

She would tell us this :

"Ask a stupid question and look stupid for one minute,
don't ask that question and you'll be stupid all your life"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter