WS Cast members and homework

Schminston-Mo

Mouseketeer
DS(2nd Grade) and DD (Kindergarten) will be missing a couple of days of school for our WDW trip.

As a special project, I was thinking of having DS ask some World Showcase cast members a few questions. Name, where they are from, what is the native language, and how to say "Yes you can!" (DS's class motto) in their native language. (Write it out and teach us to say it). We would keep this information on prepared 3x5 cards.

When we got home, we would stick this information on a map.

Is this a realistic project? Would WS cast members have the time to answer these questions? I don't want to annoy or offend.

I think it's a great idea! I have found that the CMs in WS are always willing to talk about their native lands. I would start with the ones at the Kidcot stations.

I remember we also got a lot of free info at the "Living with the Land" exhibit that my third grader brought back to her class.

We have designed an entire notebook for our vists to the worldshowcase. We have found that most (you will find some that aren't as willing...just move on) CM are more then willing to help you out. HINT: CM's that are on a slow time...greeters at restaurants and at the kiosk carts are great to talk to.....

We currently have a CM from Morrocco that we met as a greeter that we email weekly and visit in orlando each time we go (she is married to an american and lives in Orlando now).....

Those are great ideas! You shouldn't have any problem finding a CM to talk to in the World Showcase. We all love to talk about where we are from (even us Americans)! Another good question to ask is who their favorite Disney character is. You can also preserve the memories by taking a picture of your children with each CM. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter