WWYD? Family Now Visiting-Where to stay?

SwanVT2

DIS Veteran
We have booked an OKW studio through Disney Vacation Store for our week in early March. Now, my brother in law and girlfriend are coming over from Germany to visit Disney with us! They will be staying at POFQ because OKW doesn't have rooms through DVS and the regular rate is out of their budget. Should we cancel OKW and stay at POFQ? With DVS cancellation policy, we can cancel and book February 2024 with them because you have to credit cancellation towards future reservation through them. The total price difference between nights and tickets OKW vs. POFQ is only 252.00 so we are getting a good deal to stay at a deluxe resort. Thanks for any tips!

Could or would you want to modify your studio to a 1 br? Or switch to a resort that may have 2 studios (Saratoga).

personally, we love POFQ and it is the only moderate resort we will book. We are DVC owners but have Stayed at POFQ many times. Scat Cat’s is great and the food court is good. We love the smaller resort.

when Booking a stay at a DVC resort, you are not charged for parking but POFQ will have a parking fee per night. Just putting that out there in case you guys will have cars.

enjoy your trip!

Could or would you want to modify your studio to a 1 br? Or switch to a resort that may have 2 studios (Saratoga).

personally, we love POFQ and it is the only moderate resort we will book. We are DVC owners but have Stayed at POFQ many times. Scat Cat’s is great and the food court is good. We love the smaller resort.

when Booking a stay at a DVC resort, you are not charged for parking but POFQ will have a parking fee per night. Just putting that out there in case you guys will have cars.

enjoy your trip!
We don't have cars. SSR's main pool is being fixed during our stay, which is why we booked OKW. Also, brother in law and girlfriend are really loud snorers so we don't want to share a 2 bedroom. Thanks for the suggestions.

We have booked an OKW studio through Disney Vacation Store for our week in early March. Now, my brother in law and girlfriend are coming over from Germany to visit Disney with us! They will be staying at POFQ because OKW doesn't have rooms through DVS and the regular rate is out of their budget. Should we cancel OKW and stay at POFQ? With DVS cancellation policy, we can cancel and book February 2024 with them because you have to credit cancellation towards future reservation through them. The total price difference between nights and tickets OKW vs. POFQ is only 252.00 so we are getting a good deal to stay at a deluxe resort. Thanks for any tips!
Do you like them? If you or others in your party would want to hang out with them at the pool or resort, then yes I'd switch. If they're family that you'd rather stay away from then I wouldn't.

We once had booked separate resorts with extended family, but ended up switching to the same not long before our trip. We just really wanted to be able to hang out together and realized all of the kids would have way more fun at the same pool/resort than separate, so again unless it's ppl. you all don't like I'd probably switch to stay at the same.

Do you like them? If you or others in your party would want to hang out with them at the pool or resort, then yes I'd switch. If they're family that you'd rather stay away from then I wouldn't.

We once had booked separate resorts with extended family, but ended up switching to the same not long before our trip. We just really wanted to be able to hang out together and realized all of the kids would have way more fun at the same pool/resort than separate, so again unless it's ppl. you all don't like I'd probably switch to stay at the same.
Haha, we do like them. Thanks!

SSR has 3 Feature pools. Unless you are booking the Preferred Cat. there would be no issue with the main pool being closed. Request Paddock as that pool is very nice has a bar with food and a drink station. Paddock is also a 5 minute walk to the main building so no issue with the reorts other amenities and very easy to get to DS. Good Luck

Just wanted to make sure to clarify that POFQ is not a deluxe - it is a moderate - in case you were factoring in the perks that come with the deluxe hotels. Personally, I would switch.

^ This is basically what it boils down to. Do you want some extra time away from your extended family, or would you rather travel together as a group? (not that you can't go to the parks/restaurants separately even when staying at the same resort) Also, consider if your extended family knows how to get around Disney easily and is comfortable with getting taxi/rideshare if they need to travel to another resort for dining.

Just wanted to make sure to clarify that POFQ is not a deluxe - it is a moderate - in case you were factoring in the perks that come with the deluxe hotels. Personally, I would switch.

I think the OP meant they were getting a good deal at OKW (a deluxe), because it is only $252 more than POFQ. Not that POFQ is a deluxe.

I would stay at OKW, and let them book where they can afford. You will have plenty of time together.

SSR has 3 Feature pools. Unless you are booking the Preferred Cat. there would be no issue with the main pool being closed. Request Paddock as that pool is very nice has a bar with food and a drink station. Paddock is also a 5 minute walk to the main building so no issue with the reorts other amenities and very easy to get to DS. Good Luck
We usually stay by Paddock and it is always pretty busy and last year one of the quiet pools was closed so there was an overflow to other pools including paddock. I know with the main pool closed people will flock to paddock for the pool which is why we have decided to stay at OKW. Thank you for the information however!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter