• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wyndham Orlando Resort Review Aug 2-5

SnowWtch

DIS Veteran
DH and I were at a anime convention at the Wyndham Orlando Resort at the corner of International Drive and Sand Lake Road from Aug 2-5. Our room wasn't ready when we checked in at 3pm so we went to the mall. BTW, for those going to the Florida Mall beware they're doing road construction heading towards it so there is usually a back-up of traffic. Finally, our room was ready around 6pm. I got the room for $75 a night through AAA. We were in building 7 room 706 (1st floor) right behind the ice machine. It's a good hike to the convention center/lobby area. The room itself was clean and they do have fake hard wood floors but they were clean and the fake ones don't creak when you walk. We had a problem with the coffee maker and it was fixed in less than half an hour. They brought me a brand new machine. Overall, the room was nice and the staff was great. We're Wyndham By Request members so we got a welcome gift. I had to call to get it but when they brought it I was impressed. A big plate of fresh fruit, 2 bottles of water and they had chilled 2 bottles of green tea in the ice bucket by the time we got back to our room for a break. Housekeeping was quick. They were done by noon every day we were there. Since we were there for a convention we didn't leave the hotel much due to parking issues. Also, the hotel is extremely hard to get in and out of. They have two entrances one on International and the other on Sand Lake Rd. Traffic was a nighmare on that corner. The convention itself was a bust but that's another story entirely. Though the resort was nice and the grounds were immaculate, my DH doesn't want to stay there again. It was the first hotel we've stayed in where we had a few little visitors we had to squish and he didn't like that especially when they tried to get in our luggage. So, the visitors plus the difficult entrance/exit made this the only real downside to our stay.

I am looking at a conference there in January. How hard will it be to get there from Disney? Will it be a terrible drive?

It's not a terrible drive from Disney. It's right on International Drive. Only a few minutes away. Depending on traffic and where you are on Disney property I'd say maybe 15-20 minutes away. Plus, if you're coming from Disney then you're on the right side of the road to get into the parking lot. Getting into the resort from the other side of the street is near impossible though. Crossing I-Drive can be really hard to do especially later in the day. In the morning you shouldn't have any trouble.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter