Xmas Cruise-Dis-Spectacular-Day 1

jgalecpa

<font color=green>DANG, that is one big fish!</fon
Xmas Magic Trip report, Day 1.

Arrived at the terminal at 10:25 a.m. and they were already letting people in. Got in line to enter the bldg. and was in after about 5 minutes. Got in line for check in which took about 15 minutes. At check in there was a nice English couple beside us who we started chatting with.

After paperwork was completed we got in the queue for the ship. I had attached a picture of “me and my fish” and had on top the note: “Do you know this man?” and within minutes the same English guy from before says “I don’t know the man, but I recognize the fish!”

At that point the vacation really started. The British couple was Dis-ers Lynn Tarrant and her husband Keith. After checking in, changing rotations and exploring the ship we went up for the sail away party. We were looking around for people and we were beside a woman with two kids mentioning something about “guy and his fish” and I said are you “Grumpy’s mom” and it was!

We met Bonnie, her husband and her lovely daughters, DD-17 and DD-13. My DD-12 and her DD-13 instantly hit it off.

After a few minutes it was time for getting in our rooms, unpacking, decorating it for Xmas, and going to the Lifeboat drill.

Back to the room, dress for dinner where we met Jeff (Jamaica) our head waiter and two people who made the trip so special, Liam (Scott from Jamaica) and Beata (Hungary). They were so friendly, efficient and just great. By the end of the trip they were like part of the family.

Had APL dinner so first night was the Animator’s Palette show. Word to the wise. Don’t get up to go to the rest room after dinner or you may miss it!

Did more exploring in the evening. Saw the opening show. After our long day, we turned in relatively early.

Good thing you had the picture of your "fish" Jim, LOL!!!

I don't know if you should be insulted or flattered - the fish recognized and not the man. But being recognized any way you can is good.

The ressies were a piece of cake.

Maybe it was because we arrived early.

No problem at all.

And no, I don't mind being recognized for my fish. At least it's something.

Jim

Jim: Thanks for sharing your trip! I'm looking forward to "living through your cruise vicariously!" It will get me excited (as if I needed encouragement) for our Christmas 2004 cruise.

I've read many of your posts and admired your fish, but I don't think I had noticed you're from near me! Should have guessed with the rockfish, but oh well! The biggest rock we've gotten is probably 25" so yours puts us to shame!

Glad you enjoyed your vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter