Xmas Spectacular-Dis Cruise Day 7

jgalecpa

<font color=green>DANG, that is one big fish!</fon
Xmas Magic Trip report, Day 7. Castaway Cay

Did I tell you I like to fish?

Jamie and I had booked the bottom fishing. Next time Keith and Greg are coming!

We went out and before you know it one young guy was pulling up a nice little snapper. HOWEVER, a five foot shark followed it up and the kid nearly jumped out of his skin! We were soon all hooking up sharks. And while it was tremendously exciting, we could never pull em in on our relatively light tackle. The captain soon moved us to a more secure location.

There we all started catching fish, mostly strawberry grouper, with a few trigger fish mixed in. All in all it was very enjoyable.

We went back to the island where, using the walkie talkies, found our group. Had lunch there (lobster patties, ribs, chicken, you name it!). My man Greg had saved Jamie and I his last two beers-in-a-bucket (what a guy!). We sat back and enjoyed the day.

At 2:15 time to head over to para-sailing. All four of us did that, Keith & Lynn had done it and lived so we figured we were okay. Some of the Dis-ers had done the banana boat and said they couldn’t stop their hands from shaking an hour later!

A great experience really well done.

Back on the boat for a quick shower.

Than I went back out the gangway where I met up with Dawn. She accompanied me to a remote section just past the Post office where we buried a picture of Nate Page on the Island he loved so well.

Sniff.

Back on the ship we prepared for our last night on board.

As the girls got ready for dinner, I was up in the lobby for something and the place was filled with characters. As I walked around the general mob I came out by the shore excursion desk where I noticed, all alone was Minnie Mouse swaying to the piano music. I walked up to her, tapped her on her shoulder, and we proceeded to waltz around the lobby.

It was so spontaneous and so natural. As I was doing it I thought to myself, “How did I get here?” I’m on a beautiful ship, with great people AND I’m dancing with Minnie Mouse. You could hear the “oohs” and “aahs” as we went around the lobby.

If you ever get the chance, take it. She dances divinely!

A lovely dinner followed by the Disney Dreams show. Do not miss it. Back to the store for a little more unpacking (of my money) and then to our rooms for some actual packing. We left the ship with two more cases than we arrived with!

I was going to post after I read all the reports. So far, these are great and it sounds like you had a great time!

I stopped to post because of what you did on CC for Nate. My heart skipped a beat. That was a beautiful thing to do. I hope his family reads this post. His story on CC is something I know I'll never forget (it still brings tears to my eyes thinking about him hanging out and enjoying the day, and Chris talking about how good it felt).

Also, I love the "unpacking"!!!!:rotfl: :rotfl:

I too was going to post after the last one -

But you putting a pic of Nate on CC got me! What a beautiful thing to do - I'm sure he appreciates it - I know it was a special place for his Mom as well -

What a touching thing you and Dawn did, burying the picture of Nate. *sniff* :(

How fitting that a small reminder of Nate will be on CC forever. Next time I am there - I will blow a kiss to the sands just past the post office.
Very well spoken, Jim

Water temps on GC was great, maybe 80. Cozumel seemed cool.

I didn't ry on CC but Shannon & Macenzie did and said it was coldddddd.

AIr was great as soon as you got out of key west. Hit 78 on mon and felt like 90's on GC and 90 on Cozumel, maybe 80s on CC.

Great all around.

Great weather in the islands, mon.

Jim

2 touching moments in the same day; Nate and Minnie Mouse. Rieann is a lucky woman.

Thanks for posting the summaries Jim - I can't wait to go again....now I'm even considering "springing" for a holiday cruise they sound so special ... maybe in 2005.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter