Xyron

RweTHEREyet

DIS Veteran
Can someone tell me about the Xyron product. I don't do paper scrapbooking, but I understand it can laminate and put a magnet on an image. I have googled the Xyron, and it appears there are several different models. Does anyone have recommendations on the different models and/or suggestions on how you use it.

bumping because I have no idea about the laminator portion of it.

I have the 2 smallest xyrons which are just sticker makers. Basically you slide the piece in face up and it puts adhesive on the back of it.

Well, I went to my closest Joann's and they didn't have it. So, off to A.C. Moore and they do have them. I just missed the Tuesday 50% off sale, but I had a Michael's 40% coupon, so I am now the proud owner of a laminating/magnet cartridge. No machine, :rotfl2: , but i got the cartridge :thumbsup2

What I learned was that if I bought something I would get a 50% off coupon for this Saturday, so Saturday I will go back for the 900.

So, Saturday afternoon I hope to be making some cool signs for our cabin door. :cool1: :cool1:

I have the little sticker maker, the wishblade and the 900. It sounds like you are asking about the 900 model.
Non-scrapping projects I have used it for:
1)I used the laminating/magnet cartridge for our door decorations on our honeymoon. (pic below)
2)Also for our welcome bags, I used the laminating both sides one for the name tags, punched a hole and put some ribbon through (that way they wouldn't tear so easily en-route to FL.
3)I laminate all my GREAT recipies after printing them out on recipe cards. Some of the cards I have are glossy and the recipe smeared if I touched the card and my hands were wet at all. This stops them from smearing.

HTH!

P1010385.jpg

Yes it does, thank you for taking the time to share your ideas. Your cruise door looks great. I love the laminating both sides to make a gift tag idea.

I don't have the 900, but I have a smaller version- the 500. I used the laminating cartridge just the other day for the first time and it was awesome! I was making DD a chore chart and I knew she would be handling the chores (the actual pieces of paper) so I laminated them. I think I may be laminating anything that isn't nailed down.

i have the 900 and i love it! it was one of the first big tools my dh bought for me. & it works great! i use it to laminate mostly, but have use the magnet cartridge also. i also have a hot laminator and i love that one too!
i guess put me in the same category as buffy "i'm a sucker for tools"!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter