Yabba Dabba Doo!

DaveInTN

I'm Not The Castle Guy
Stick a fork in this workweek....I am outta here. First full week of work after the Christmas and New Year holidays, and it stunk. I am going home to a pot of chili, a beer or two, and my fireplace. Gonna play Wii tonight with my wife and girls. Too cold to go out and do anything.

What are you all doing tonight??

Stick a fork in this workweek....I am outta here. First full week of work after the Christmas and New Year holidays, and it stunk. I am going home to a pot of chili, a beer or two, and my fireplace. Gonna play Wii tonight with my wife and girls. Too cold to go out and do anything.

What are you all doing tonight??

Thanks for asking Dave,,I havnt work'd all week, too cold.
BUT we are hitt'n the hay bout 7:PM,, gotta get up to do the Kreme round 2:30AM.

That chili, beer an fireplace thingy sounds pretty good tho, :thumbsup2

After playing in the snow off and on most of the day with the kids, I now have some potato soup and mexican cornbread cooking. I also have some peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough mixed up for eating in front of the fireplace later tonight. DH is bringing in the fire wood as I type.:lovestruc Mmm, better go check my cornbread.

We went to Epcot this afternoon. Picked up the Tables in Wonderland card; rode the Raytheon exhibit in Innovations; went on Ellen's Energy Nightmare; ate late lunch at the Biergarten. We were seated with a lovely family from St. Paul, Minnysoty who were staying in the 1300 loop at FtW! When the oompah band started playing, the dad extended his hand to me and out we went to the dance floor to polka!!! What fun! And yes....I did tell them all about the Disboard and to check us out!

I'm back home now and plan on staying in for the evening. Now that we have cold weather, I'm working furtively to finish a crocheted afghan I've been working on for about a year. I put it away from May thru November because it's just too hot at that time of the year to work on an afghan!! I have about another 10 inches until it's the length I want. By the time I'm done, I'll have redecorated the living room and will need to make another afghan! :lmao:

Tomorrow morning, I may be playing in snow!! There's a very good possibility we may get snow between 6am & 10am tomorrow morning. For those who don't know... I live 25 miles west of Ft. Wilderness. SNOW!!! YIKES!!!!

I also have some peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough mixed up for eating in front of the fireplace later tonight. .

We went to Epcot this afternoon. Picked up the Tables in Wonderland card; rode the Raytheon exhibit in Innovations; went on Ellen's Energy Nightmare; ate late lunch at the Biergarten.

OMG ! You two are kill'n me !
PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE COOKIE DOUGH ! Mmmmmmmmm !

And Ellens Nightmare has always been one of my favorites ! Denise and Braden arent fond of it, so I have to force them on.
How'd you like Raytheon ? I loved it, :thumbsup2

Oh man, wish I had me some of that cookie dough!

Frank, what KK do you work at? And what time will the light come on?? :woohoo:

We went to Epcot this afternoon. Picked up the Tables in Wonderland card; rode the Raytheon exhibit in Innovations; went on Ellen's Energy Nightmare; ate late lunch at the Biergarten. We were seated with a lovely family from St. Paul, Minnysoty who were staying in the 1300 loop at FtW! When the oompah band started playing, the dad extended his hand to me and out we went to the dance floor to polka!!! What fun! And yes....I did tell them all about the Disboard and to check us out!

I'm back home now and plan on staying in for the evening. Now that we have cold weather, I'm working furtively to finish a crocheted afghan I've been working on for about a year. I put it away from May thru November because it's just too hot at that time of the year to work on an afghan!! I have about another 10 inches until it's the length I want. By the time I'm done, I'll have redecorated the living room and will need to make another afghan! :lmao:

Tomorrow morning, I may be playing in snow!! There's a very good possibility we may get snow between 6am & 10am tomorrow morning. For those who don't know... I live 25 miles west of Ft. Wilderness. SNOW!!! YIKES!!!!

Epcot...Germany...Polka's....:guilty:
I'm sooooo jealous. :sad:

Don't worry Deb, this little freeze Florida is having won't last too long, and you'll be basking away in 70 degree temps again soon.
Wait :eek:,....then I'll be sooooo jealous again! :sad:

We've got a good three more months of this cold weather! :mad: (you can send me the afghan) :headache:

Trekked up to the parents log home to add kerosene to the space heaters (central heat not installed yet) 'cause Dad went in for hip replacement surgery this week. Back at the house with feet up, laptop and the Dis while DD 11 has two friends over raiding the fridge, DS 9 is on the couch with me and Nancy and the oldest is over at his GF's house watching movies.

Temps in the teens tonight and not much warmer tomorrow - so I get to go get more firewood for the woodstove soon. Need to start setting aside 4 cords of firewood for next winter.

Had some wings, talked to Christa a bit and watched college football highlights. It won't last me until September, but it will do for now. 34 bowl games are too many.

Gonna go coach me up some softball girls tomorrow in the cold.

Don't worry Deb, this little freeze Florida is having won't last too long, and you'll be basking away in 70 degree temps again soon.

Actually, this cold weather can stay here as long as it wants to. It never seems to stay around 70 for very long. We often go from 40 to 85 overnight! Then, straight on to 95 for 6 months. The heat gets more tiresome than the cold, IMHO. If it weren't for living so close to WDW, I'd be outta Florida in a New York minute!! Came close to leaving, twice - but the Mouse always seems to whisper in my ear..."You'll miss me if you go!"

Had a looong workday yesterday. I live only 3 miles from work, so with all the frozen bridges, I was the only one that could get in. Everybody else "worked" from home. I sat on my rear for 4 days last week and didn't do much of anything, but yesterday, everybody and their brother needed something, that could really only be accessed from the network at the office, so that left me :-).

Finally got home about 9pm last night and today it's 19 still, so sitting here in front of the fireplace on the netbook. The regular roads are clear, but our driveway still has 1/2 inch of snow and all the bridges and overpasses around here are still a sheet of ice. Monday the high is 41 and it will be in the low 50s by Thursday!!!! Gonna do some sewing this weekend, but that's about it!!

I'd be traveling with you, Deb. The longer I live in FL the more I hate it. But it's where our jobs are and then there is the draw of Disney. 90 minutes away is a great pull to us. We go often and I would rather go when it's cold than hot. I'd rather go at 70, but it's rare that I hit that. 90 is normal and it does drain you after a while. I can always put on another layer of clothes in the winter and a hat and have great fun at the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter