Yak and Yeti or Tusker House

LoriTurner

Earning My Ears
We currently have reservations for Tusker House for our June trip. Have done it in past and was very good for dinner. We do not necessarily need a character dinner though. We also did Yak and Yeti but years ago and was not too impressed. Many have good experiences. Thinking it was just an off night. Looking for recommendations and experiences of the two. Thanks!!!

We currently have reservations for Tusker House for our June trip. Have done it in past and was very good for dinner. We do not necessarily need a character dinner though. We also did Yak and Yeti but years ago and was not too impressed. Many have good experiences. Thinking it was just an off night. Looking for recommendations and experiences of the two. Thanks!!!
my experience and feeling is like yours.

I read a whole thread here about how tusker had gone downhill and it was probably the best meal of our last trip - great service, amazing food, fantastic character interaction. Tried yak and yeti years ago, unimpressed. Finally tried it again based on reviews here in 2016, still unimpressed. Probably won't try again for a while. it was not bad, just not great. ymmv etcetc

We love Y&Y! One of our favorite places to dine. The firecracker shrimp is Devine! Lots of great options. Also lots of YouTube videos there if you care to watch those.

Not much help, but I would look at the menus and see which I enjoyed more. And do i want to pay more for the character experience?
Both are good options. We pick Yak and Yeti as we like the food and aren't looking for a character meal.

Two of the most delicious things I’ve ever eaten at WDW are served at Yak & Yeti: the Kobe burger and the Ahi Tuna nachos.

I’ve never eaten at Tusker House so I can’t vouch for it, but Y&Y is a favorite. The drinks there are excellent too. The Yak Attack is delicious.

I hope you enjoy your meal wherever you decide to dine. :)

Two of the most delicious things I’ve ever eaten at WDW are served at Yak & Yeti: the Kobe burger and the Ahi Tuna nachos.

I’ve never eaten at Tusker House so I can’t vouch for it, but Y&Y is a favorite. The drinks there are excellent too. The Yak Attack is delicious.

I hope you enjoy your meal wherever you decide to dine. :)

Love the Yak Attack!

Never been to Tusker House but did try Yak n Yeti this year. Food was just ok. I’d give it another shot and try something different though.

We've only been to Tusker House once but usually go to Yak & Yeti on each visit. For us, we love Yak & Yeti and were not impressed with TH. That's the beauty of having so many places to choose from - what doesn't appeal to one will appeal to someone else.

If you are not necessarily interested in characters though, I would not pay the premium for a character meal, especially a buffet.

You could hop over to Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge? Short bus ride over. It's a great buffet (much better than Tusker House), without the characters. And you can go out back and view the animals on the savanna.

We are big Tusker House fans, but tried Y&Y for the first time in October and were pleasantly surprised. We thought the food and service were both good, and we liked not having the character aspect. As two adults, we don't care about the characters and its more of a hassle when they stop by than anything else for us. So our Y&Y meal seemed more relaxed than any meals we've had at Tusker House. It was also a nice change of pace to be served, rather than go up to the buffet - which is also not relaxing.

We just got back from WDW and ate dinner at Yak & Yeti. I have to say I was not impressed (again) at their service. Very slow with an almost, "what do I care" attitude, although the food was good. An hour and a half for a meal for two is a bit long and that's not including the wait to be seated. And yes, we did have reservations. Might have to try Tusker for dinner since the options are few for a nice sit down meal.

I have done Boma, Tusker House, and Yak and Yeti - we liked all but liked Y&Y best. I think it is the menu we prefer. So I would just go with whichever one has the most appealing menu.

Huge fan of Yak n Yeti is great for many reasons. Their menu is on the large side compared to most TS restaurants on property and their prices aren't that bad either considering the amount of food you get. Also if you plan on dining at Yak n Yeti I would suggest getting the Landry's Select card which gives you priority seating (no ADR needed), a $25 welcome credit, and points towards future rewards, plus a birthday reward.

They are very different and we have had good experiences at both but as garrice3404 has suggested maybe try Boma? My view is the food is great and any place that serves all you car eat Zebra Domes has to be tried at least once.

I feel like you can get super Americanized Asian food at most places in America, but there’s only one place to meet Mickey and friends in their safari gear. Plus with a buffet everyone gets exactly what they want.

I’m not big on character meals in general, but I’d pick Tusker House.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter