Yak & Yeti - Why So Hard to Get?

scanne

<font color=blue>OK, I must have really small ears
I am trying to get a reservation for Yak & Yeti for 8/22 any time for lunch or dinner. NOTHING is available. Is this restaurant really that popular??? :confused3

It's been fairly full the two times we've been there. But regardless you are talking about 2 weeks from now, so that explains it more.

It's been fairly full the two times we've been there. But regardless you are talking about 2 weeks from now, so that explains it more.

Yes, but I find it odd because I was able to get 'Ohana and Le Cellier within the last two weeks. So why Yak & Yeti is so hard to get makes me go :confused:.

There are only 2 TS restaurants in the AK that accept the Dining Plan. I also was surprised at first when I tried to get it for our upcoming trip, and was only able to get 11:00AM for lunch. But there is only Yak &Yeti and Tusker House at the AK that accept the dining plan, and esp. because we are going during FD, it books up quickly.

I dont know why Yak Yeti is so hard to get, but I think it overrated. The food presentation was good, but the food was horrible when I went last Sept. I dont think it worth eating at..

There are only 2 TS restaurants in the AK that accept the Dining Plan. I also was surprised at first when I tried to get it for our upcoming trip, and was only able to get 11:00AM for lunch. But there is only Yak &Yeti and Tusker House at the AK that accept the dining plan, and esp. because we are going during FD, it books up quickly.

Bingo....combine limited table service options in AK with free dining and you have a difficult to get ADR.

Mystery solved. :thumbsup2

However if you really want to eat there walking in is a distinct possibility.

However if you really want to eat there walking in is a distinct possibility.

Y&Y is one of the few restaurants at WDW that absolutely holds a number of their tables for walk-up guests and will say so publicly. Because they're owned and run by Levy, they are able to operate somewhat differently than the WDW owned-and-run locations.

Add in the fact that they are air conditioned and it's the middle of August in a very hot park... When I went last October it was hard to get spots in either TS places in AK close to time because they were booking up due to the heat (unseasonably hot), and you would have sworn the walk-up line for Y&Y was for an attraction!

Keep checking though, and definitely walking up!

:goodvibes

OP, how many people are in your party?

Cause I just put in parties of 2 AND 4 and found times for:

2:00
3:00
4:00
4:15
5:30

Unless you are being completely picky on when you want to eat, I see plenty of times to eat:)

Keep trying....there are some there!!!

We really enjoy the CS yak n yeti right next door to it. I am always looking for CS places that have something different from the typical burger and this is a favorite of ours.

OP-

I agree I had a terrible time getting a reservation for Yak & Yeti, until I split up are party of 7. I did two different reservations at 3:00pm (pty of 2 & pty of 5) still times were limited for the party of 5. Good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter