Yakitori House

Thanks for the review. We were thinking of trying the Yakitori House when we arrive in a little over a week. However, I think we may just stick with Tempura Kiku.

Raina

This used to be a favorite CS but no longer. The beef curry is decent but the rest of the offerings are just gross IOHO. We ate here last month for the last time.

Last May, it was about 3pm and we hadn't eaten since 8am when we decided to walk from Mexico over to Japan to try the Yakatori house. We were starving and I was cranky as can be so we bypassed pretty much all of the countries along the way (which we wound up not going back to that trip) only to walk into the Yakatori House finally and promptly turn around. All it took was one look at the food (and the looks on the faces of people eating it) and the prices they were charging. We decided that even if it ruined our afternoon, we were going to get a good meal and finally wound up in England eating delicious fish and chips.

Two thumbs down to the Yakatori House and I didn't even eat there.

spookyuki said:
That's right! :rotfl: :rotfl: perfect!
As a Japanese.. it's just wrong for them to serve the food that way..
and curry rice is a child's favorite meal in Japan.. but they don't serve it for children.. just like Burger places in MK (why don't they serve burgers for children??)

I think the reason there are no burgers on the kid's menus is so that parents will pay for the full price burgers. Disney knows that burgers are very kid friendly, and it's a good way for them to upsell from the kid's meals (since most of the kid's meals are just pathetic nowadays).

spookyuki said:
That's right! :rotfl: :rotfl: perfect!
Tempura kiku was better but they still had the cheap rice (with higher price) and supposed to be "in season veggie" tempura only had sweet potato, green pepper, carrot, and broccoli (aren't they around all year long??) sooo not Japanese tempura veggies..

Hi! As the "white girl from the Frozen North" who lives out on the coast, LOVES Japanese food and sushi (in fact I eat things that most white people wont), what veggies do the Japanese use for their tempura? I would be interested to know.

Thanks!

We live outside Philly and have some great Japanese restaurants. This was aweful. The adults chicken curry had less meat than the kids meal. Your local supermarket can provide better teriyake sauce than was on the kids meal. It was so sweet that it was like eating candy. Of course my younger DD loved it for that reason!

We ate here during our last trip in 2005 and were disappointed. We got better "Japanese" food at our local mall food court! lol (imho)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter