Yay! Booked today!

BigDisneyOE

DIS Veteran
So excited. We booked our flights today for Sept 2012. 30% off on Air NZ and they flew us free out of our weeny airport to Auckland too, so we got the domestic legs for free!! It's Air NZ's first day flying out of Paraparaumu too - so really special. Now I have the flights and the Wonder booked and paid. Just need to sort out the accomodation.... Kids have been looking at video stream from the Disney site today and somehow think Disney are building Carsland just for them. So happy. :goodvibes

30% off! Awesome!

Where is your cruise going to?

You have to tell us all your plans!! LOL

:cool1: thats fantastic Congrats I am very interested in hearing more about the cruise as well.

awesome...tell us more...

we are looking at sept 2012.....so would love you to do all the work and me just take all the benefits......:cool1:.....works for me:thumbsup2

you'll love the wonder, we just got back a few weeks ago......you doing mexico?????

Yeah it's the last day for 30% off with Air NZ (out of NZ only I'm afraid - just tried to get a flight out of Sydney to LAX and it threw a hissy).

The kids have had a great day watching the 'flying pencils' today for the first time and I've told them they'll be flying on them to go to Disneyland. Then I said only as far as Auckland as they looked slightly horrified. :lmao:

We leave 8th Sept and fly back on 30 Sept. So far we embark on the Wonder on 23rd Sept and disembark on 30 Sept.

As far as accomodation, we've only definately worked out that we'll use the Hilton LAX as a day room for a few hours on the 30th. We'll probably do a week in San Diego and then a week in Disneyland area. In Disneyland we are looking at a couple of 2 bed private apartments walking distance from Disneyland. Just got to decide which one and lock it in fast so our dates don't go. In San Diego it's a bit more murky as there are a few places we like in Mission Beach/Bay area.

I am thinking a So Cal Pass is probably the way to go - I just need to work out if I can upgrade the 3 day Disney pass to a 4 day pass at the gate if we decide (kids decide) they want 4 days at Disney. Or the Go San Diego pass as most of the stuff we want to do is on that and then just get a 4 day pass (unless we can upgrade from 3 to 4 days should that be an option).

We will do two days at Legoland as our boys are obsessed with Lego. One child can play with it up to five hours a day if we let him. We don't.

In San Diego we'll do the trams, Sea World, Maritime Museum, possibly the SD Zoo (our next big trip is South Africa, so I'd prefer to skip the other part of the SD Zoo ), Birch Aquarium and the New Children's Museum. You kinda get who the whole trip is geared towards....

The trip is actually to celebrate the boys turning five in November next year. It's been a challenging few years with the twins for various really positive reasons but non the less they are exhausting.

We are doing the Pacific cruise on the Wonder. Two nights in San Fran, one in San Diego and one in Ensenada. Days cruising in between. We managed to book a SPR too, which I'm really excited about. :cool1::cool1: The SPR's on the Wonder are on the same level as the Kids Club. We've been working with the kids with regards to dinners on the Wonder - one thinks dinner should be had in a Tapas Bar and the other doesn't like much in the way of any food. My main worry is that they behave at dinner and don't show the nation up! Oh and that we actually get through the issues we have been having surrounding poop and paediatric surgeons before we go on holiday (nearly there on that but it's been four very hard years - pun intended).

So very exciting for us. Cruise paid for, flights paid for, need to sort out where to sleep next. It's been 24 years since I've been at Disneyland and last time I was there George Bush Snr was there on a float trying to get elected the first time.... Hubby has never been and I think he's a little iffy but really really wants to do all the rides. I've said he can go back in the middle of the day when we are all resting and do the scary stuff by himself.:rotfl2:

How exciting. It sounds like a wonderful treat for you all.

On our last trip to DL, I had not been for around 20 years and DH was a bit wary of the whole thing but was happy to go along as he knew the girls would love it. We were only going to Disneyland, like families would go to a Whitsunday Island. In and Out.

Well this upcoming trip in December is mostly his idea, and he has even told me to look into a WDW trip for 2013. He is hooked on Disney. They just do it right, he says.

One Disney convert made....

I look forward to hearing your planning over the coming months.

How exciting. It sounds like a wonderful treat for you all.

On our last trip to DL, I had not been for around 20 years and DH was a bit wary of the whole thing but was happy to go along as he knew the girls would love it. We were only going to Disneyland, like families would go to a Whitsunday Island. In and Out.

Well this upcoming trip in December is mostly his idea, and he has even told me to look into a WDW trip for 2013. He is hooked on Disney. They just do it right, he says.

One Disney convert made....

I look forward to hearing your planning over the coming months.

Isn't it funny...we convince the DH, the DH complains but comes along, now the DH is driving the trip frequency, every year...he was the driving force re getting Disney vacation club membership....

my DH also says... Disney get it right every time....guys like consistency..and Disney gives them that...no angst, no drama.:cloud9:

Isn't it funny...we convince the DH, the DH complains but comes along, now the DH is driving the trip frequency, every year...he was the driving force re getting Disney vacation club membership....

my DH also says... Disney get it right every time....guys like consistency..and Disney gives them that...no angst, no drama.:cloud9:

I am hoping staying at Aulani makes DH think about DVC...

at least plant the seed before a WDW and DCL trip in 2013.

He is so funny, but I love him just the same.

(This is the same man that did not want to go to Hawaii but now wants to get lei..ed and go to a luau and... you get the picture.

I am glad I am not alone...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter