Yeah, Universal!!!

Eeyore's Tailfinder

DIS Veteran
I'm so psyched! Els (my boyfriend) just agreed we could stay 1 night in an Universal Hotel :banana: That calls for a banana dance!!

We are booked on a package deal, 11 nights at the Sheraton Studio City and 10 nights at All Star Movies, but we've decided it's worth purchasing an additional night (when we're staying at the SSC) to stay at Universal so we could take advantage of the FOTL benefit. We'll just leave our stuff at SSC and pack a small bag for Universal...

I would love to stay at HRH, but it will probably be RPR due to the fact that it's the cheapest and we won't be at the hotel all that much. However, it's not a disappointment as I think the RPR is gorgeous!! 1 night will set us back $239 (plus tax) at the RPR and Express would only cost $140 for 2 days - BUT it's a benefit that we get unlimited rides and stay at an awesome hotel!!

Hopefully we're going to sort out the cash tonight, and definately get it booked by the end of the month :thumbsup2

Have a great time! You will LOVE the rpr! We stayed there last Dec. for our first Universal stay and it was perfect!

I also don't think you will be disappointed with RPR. We have stayed there 2 times in the past and just returned yesterday form 3 nights at HRH and we actually had a BIG preference for RPR.....:cool1:

Thank you :teeth: I can't wait to book it!!

I'm so excited, it looks like a stunning hotel and gotta love that FOTL!!

I just read your pre-trip report. Your enthusiasm is contagious! You are quite the planner! Your trip sounds like so much fun.:yay: I think you will really love the RPR.:thumbsup2 You two are adorable. Good luck on your tests!

Just read your pre-trip report! You sound like me with the planning- my husband says I enjoy the planning more than the actual trip! Loved the pictures - you make a beautiful couple- good luck!

I just read your pre-trip report. Your enthusiasm is contagious! You are quite the planner! Your trip sounds like so much fun.:yay: I think you will really love the RPR.:thumbsup2 You two are adorable. Good luck on your tests!

Thank you so so much! You're so sweet! My first exam is next Friday and I'm soooo nervous!

Just read your pre-trip report! You sound like me with the planning- my husband says I enjoy the planning more than the actual trip! Loved the pictures - you make a beautiful couple- good luck!

:laughing: That's me! Thank you for the sweet comments!

And a bit of news for you guys - I may have to amend my TR now...

...I JUST BOOKED RPR!!!

We are staying 1 night on 8th August - I can't wait!! :banana:

Congratulations! What room catagory are you in? Be sure and ask for an upgrade. We were upgraded to club last year and loved it! We had a room with a view of the highway the first night and the next day they moved us to pool view-club room for our last two nights. I had a broken leg at the time and was in a cast- said they were sorry for me having to sit in the room all that time and look at a bad view- I thought that was very nice.

Thank you! I think we are just in a standard room - I have signed up to Loews First though, so cross fingers a room upgrade is available... club level would be so cool!!

I just stayed Monday night at RPR. Since you are not an attorney yet I think we here on the Dis can save you some money. I spent $124 using annual passholder rates and it wasn't even value season:

2007 Seasons
Value Jan 4 - Feb 15; Aug 19 - Oct 4; Nov 25 - Dec 20
Regular Apr 29 - Jun 6; Oct 5 - Nov 20
Summer Jun 7 - Aug 18
Peak Feb 16 - Mar 29; Apr 12 - 28; Nov 21-24
Holiday Mar 30 - Apr 11; Dec 21, 2007 - Jan 1, 2008

If you are going after Aug. 19th you should be able to get the room for less. It might be worthwhile to purchase one annual pass.
I wouldn't get too excited about a club upgrade. I'm LoewsFirst Platinum and all we got was a pool view and have never been upgraded to the club level. I have asked how much for a club upgrade and was told $100 which is too much.

we only had a standard view but I guess it was slow season?(early December) I think they just felt sorry for me when they saw my cast - and I also told them it was our first trip to Universal. I really did not mind the first room we were in at all- it looked out over the highway in the distance but the grounds were beautiful to look at. Good luck with an upgrade and Happy Planning!

Seems like we'll be at RPR the same time as you. I was a little taken back by the prices at first but after reading this board and looking at the pictures of the hotel and some pictures of the food options (Not enough IMO):rotfl2:. I have given in and we will be staying at the very least 3 nights here. Have fun. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter