Year of Million Dreams -- anyone else get something yet? Post your wishes won here!

labdogs42

DIS Veteran
I didn't realize they were already granting wishes for the year of a million dreams until this past Monday when I was in the Magic Kingdom. I was in the Chapeau getting my son's first set of Mickey ears with his name on them. The CM's behind the counter conferred for a second after I requested the personalization and then told me I'd be getting the personalization for free as part of the year of a million dreams! Sure, it was only a $2 value, but I was pretty excited anyway!

Has anyone else gotten a "wish" yet? Maybe we can keep this thread going and see what prizes we DIS-ers win!! (or maybe there's another thread already? If so, point me in that direction!) Thanks!

That's awesome! We are heading down (hopefully) for a lst minute trip right around the official start to the Year of One million Dreams on October 2. I am excited to see what all will be going on. If we don't get tehre then we will definitely be going December 5! I can't wait to see what kind of dreams/wishes they will be granting!!!

Oooh - what fun! I can't wait to hear what people win! Of course I'd love it if I could post something too, but I'm not counting on it! :sunny:

Since your prize was not one of the prizes listed in the official list of prizes released by Disney,that must mean that YOAMD is going to be much bigger than announced with individual Cast Members having the discretion to award smaller prizes in their areas!What fun! :)

Congrats. I love the discretion disney gives the CMs. I went for my bday and wore my pin and I was given a free chocolate covered banana at AK for my bday and a free 8x10 photo on buzz light year when I bought my 5x7 because it was my bday and both times the CMs said it was for that. I love Disney.

labdogs42 said:
I didn't realize they were already granting wishes for the year of a million dreams until this past Monday when I was in the Magic Kingdom. I was in the Chapeau getting my son's first set of Mickey ears with his name on them. The CM's behind the counter conferred for a second after I requested the personalization and then told me I'd be getting the personalization for free as part of the year of a million dreams! Sure, it was only a $2 value, but I was pretty excited anyway!

When did they start charging to put names on Mickey ears? I know thay did years back, but thought they didn't anymore?? I know thay didn't charge us last year.

Where is the list of what they are giving as WISHES?? This is GREAT!!!! :goodvibes

Thanks

TINK

We were in Downtown Disney last year. We were in a store and a CM commented to my daughter about how beautiful her outfit was. My Daughter responded with a thankyou very much. She is 7. Their conversation continued about who made her outfit, where did she get her shoes, and so on and so forth. The CM kept looking at me and my husband with this look of surprise on her face, finally our daughter went to another area of the store. The CM commented on how polite she was, and that she has never seen a child respond with such great manners. Frankly all she did was say yes Maam, no Maam. She did what she had been taught. The CM, pulled out a certificate that she gave to our daughter that said ______ had made the CM day very magical then was also given an entire collection of trading pins. We were amazed by the big tadoo of what was going on. We tried to give the pins back because what she was doing was an excpected behavior and not one to be rewarded. We finally let her take the pins. My daughter was on cloud nine because someone took time out of their day to have a long conversation with her, then give her a nice certificate and a pin collection. The year of a million dreams is Awesome, but when we are there on our trips, I feel like we are in a dream. It is nice to see when CM's go out of their way to make you feel special. I know it happens hundreds of times a day.

I will be there Oct 3rd so when I get back I'll let you all know what wishes I see going on when I return. So excited to see what will happen. :cool1:

Krissylynne -- congratulations on having such a polite DD -- we strive so hard for the yes ma'am's and no sir's and it doesn't always work, especially with strangers. I know that you don't expect rewards for the behavior we "expect," but it is getting more and more rare, even in the south, to see such politeness. I'm glad to know that your DD was rewarded with an unexpected gift and glad to know that such polite activity can obviously cause admiration in a CM -- just think if all DDs and DSs acted this way -- isn't this the perfect world we all envision in WDW?!? Even if the law compels Disney to award the "million dreams" randomly, I love to think that there is still plenty of pixie dust for those children with such good manners!

I think its around $2 per name to be embroidered on hats now or that's what I paid 2 weeks ago at MK.

We were in the MK last week and while sitting on a bench in Tommorow Land my wife and 4 year old daughter was approached by a cast member, Pat, who introduced herself as a member of the Wishes Team. She opened up her backpack and offered my daughter several coloring pages as well as a pack of crayons for my daughter to color with as they waited for my oldest daughter and I to finish Space Mountain. Pat talked with my wife for easily 5 minutes about all the aspects of the Wishes program and when I arrived she introduced herself to me and my daughter. I noticed her name tag was different and had her hometown, Ashland, KY on it. After I commented, she informed us that this would be the new nametag beginning October 1 but the Wishes Teams were wearing them now. She was extremely nice and open about the program and said that the Teams primary duty would be just talking to guests and granting small favors all day long. Things like free snacks from the stands, fast passes to those in the standby line and other little things like that. She also mentioned that they are discussing a Noon time parade along with the afternoon parade. When asked about the infamous night in the castle she said the details were still secret on how that would be handled but she was really excited about just seeing the room. Before she left, she took out a autograph book and asked my daughters to sign it. That made their day!

Later in the week, we were at the hat shop at the front of Main Street which does the names on the hats. They do charge $2.00 per name now, which they didn't charge for last year. We witnessed a Magic Moment when they gave a lady with three hats the names for free. I noticed that the cast member had a white notebook on the counter that had Magic Moments Wishes on the from which she used as a log of the free names.

Anyway, our families time with Pat was very neat we will remember it for years to come.

akaDaddy said:
We were in the MK last week and while sitting on a bench in Tommorow Land my wife and 4 year old daughter was approached by a cast member, Pat, who introduced herself as a member of the Wishes Team. She opened up her backpack and offered my daughter several coloring pages as well as a pack of crayons for my daughter to color with as they waited for my oldest daughter and I to finish Space Mountain. Pat talked with my wife for easily 5 minutes about all the aspects of the Wishes program and when I arrived she introduced herself to me and my daughter. I noticed her name tag was different and had her hometown, Ashland, KY on it. After I commented, she informed us that this would be the new nametag beginning October 1 but the Wishes Teams were wearing them now. She was extremely nice and open about the program and said that the Teams primary duty would be just talking to guests and granting small favors all day long. Things like free snacks from the stands, fast passes to those in the standby line and other little things like that. She also mentioned that they are discussing a Noon time parade along with the afternoon parade. When asked about the infamous night in the castle she said the details were still secret on how that would be handled but she was really excited about just seeing the room. Before she left, she took out a autograph book and asked my daughters to sign it. That made their day!

Later in the week, we were at the hat shop at the front of Main Street which does the names on the hats. They do charge $2.00 per name now, which they didn't charge for last year. We witnessed a Magic Moment when they gave a lady with three hats the names for free. I noticed that the cast member had a white notebook on the counter that had Magic Moments Wishes on the from which she used as a log of the free names.

Anyway, our families time with Pat was very neat we will remember it for years to come.

These stories are fantastic! Thanks for sharing!! :goodvibes

Hi all,

I was at the parks last week and on the bus back to POP Century one night the driver started talking about the YOAMD celebration and how excited all the CMs are. He then talked about how the CMs would each be getting a limited number of an exclusive Pixie Dust pin that can't be traded but that they will give out to guests they see doing nice things for others. I thought that was a very cool idea. :)

Dave

Must subscribe, i love happy disney stories :love:

Wow! I love to practice Random Acts of Kindness and w/ the work that I do we are ancouraged to do so, but I love to see that other companies are realizing that it's the little things that keep us happy and coming back.

I'm not expecting anything for our upcoming October trip, but it would make my day to see anyone receiving a RAOK w/ the YOAMD promotion :goodvibes .

Just think, if we all did one nice thing per day - unexpected - how contagious would it be??? I bet more than you think!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter