Yes, we're going to WDW AGAIN!

DH and I just booked our trip last week. We are so EXCITED. We went for our honeymoon Sept. 2004 and loved it. We have no kids but that won't stop us from going back year after year!!!

I have been going since I was 4 and it gets better with every trip. DH had been once when he was 5 but got the measles when he was down there and could only stare at the MK from hotel window at the Contemporary. So needless to say when we went for our honeymoon he was in heaven.

We missed last year but are heading back for our 2nd anniversary Sept. 10-14th. We are staying at the Boardwalk which is where we stayed on our honeymoon. While we are there we are going to join the DVC. We are so thrilled because we can't wait to spend our vacations at a place we truly LOVE.

People have been suggesting other places to us for a whole year as to where we should spend our anniversary but only one won out!!! DISNEY!!!!

More kindred spirits! That's why I'm beginning to call the DISboards my virtual home (Disney being my other home). :surfweb:

Some information about me:
• I never went to Disney theme parks as a child. I saw some of the animated films and the television show, :happytv: but we couldn’t afford a family vacation to WDW or DLR. But even early on, I was obsessed with visiting the theme parks.v :wizard:
• I first experienced WDW on my honeymoon. We eloped, got married in Florida, and vacation with a married couple, my best friends, who were celebrating their first-year anniversary there (a month early) in order to be our witnesses. My marriage didn’t take, :sad2: but my love affair with Disney did. :cloud9:
• I was diagnosed with an aggressive form of ovarian cancer in my 20s. My prognosis wasn’t, well, stellar. Chemo didn’t really work, I needed a total hysterectomy, and I had complications from the surgery. Where did I go to celebrate my first birthday after the diagnosis, to mark my journey as a survivor? Yep, WDW. :thumbsup2
• My second DH proposed to me at WDW, at the Contemporary during the fireworks. It was pretty risky as he knew I’d honeymooned at the World. Yet he knew of my love for Disney and was able to separate that love from any sort of competitive sense with my ex-husband. (Not that there was any competition, except in his mind.) He also surprised me with the proposal, because he’d arranged for the trip in secret and presented it as a research trip for my studies. :love:
• I convinced my brother and his wife to take an anniversary/2nd honeymoon in Disney, after their first honeymoon was cut short because of his job. :cheer2:
• My 43Things account has this goal: Visit every Disney theme park in the world. I’ve hit them all in the states!v :cool1:

I am also a WDW nut - also with no children. I cannot believe how many people think it is crazy to go to WDW without children. :confused3

When I was growing up - the only kind of vacation my family *EVER* had
was camping in the Adirondack Mountains of New York State. And even then, we rarely even left the camp site.

During my first marriage, we could not afford any vacation , much less a Disney World vacation.

During this current marraige, we didn't vacation for quite a while. We had an elderly dog, which we just could not leave with *anyone*. We only took local trips where we would only be one night overnight.

About a year after our beloved elderly dog had passed on - I practically begged my DH to go to Walt Disney World. He also assumed that it was just for kids. I wanted to go so bad - so he finally agreed.

By the time we finally made it to WDW, I had been without any vacation for 13.5 years. Any other times I may have taken vacation time away from work, but stayed home.

My first trip to WDW was in 1993. I was 40 years old, and my DH was 64.
I was totally enchanted and hooked ! We had 4 annual WDW vacations together and then he got sick of vacationing anywhere. After that, I've had
6 annual SOLO vacations. My next trip to WDW is in January, and DH is planning to join me for just the first part of my vacation, then I will be solo for the rest. This should work out fine as long as there is no big snow storms to delay flights.

I also get happy teary-eyed around WDW. With each solo vacation, as soon as I see the lake around Epcot, I keep repeating " I can't believe I'm here again" over and over. I honestly feel like doing this -----> :Pinkbounc
:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I feel in love with WDW back in 1983, that was my first trip. I went with my first husband, my son who was almost a year old and my 5 year old stepson.
Since then I've been at least 10 more times. My son shares my love for disney, but my daughter who was 7 when she made her first trip in 1995 just never "got it".
My recent trips have been with my mother or my husband, no young children at all.....in fact I enjoy going by myself more than anything. People think that is kind of strange but I have a great time and that is what matters.
I do take other vacations, my husband and I take a cruise each year (not with Disney though) but there is just somthing about WDW that draws me back each year.
Although I must confess I am looking forward to going next year with my brother, his wife and my nephew who will be 4 and my niece who will be 1 and 1/2. It has been a long time since I've been with children when they see the characters so that will be alot of fun for me.

I think people look at WDW as this hugely expensive place thats a one-time shot. You pay all this money, go for a week, see it all, and thats that. Most people dont equate things like the resorts and Disney service into it when they are thinking about Disneyworld. Before I had gone, I would think that most people go and stay in a local motel, rent a car and drive back and forth to the parks each day and spend their nights sitting in some motel. I always assumed that the draw for these people was that the Magic Kingdom was this amazingly themed place, but that the rest of their trip was spent driving around and in a motel. Never once did I think there were these wonderful resorts with beautiful food courts, landscaping, boat rides, etc.

I love disney! But who doesn't? My husband and I have gone to WDW 3 times since 1999 with the last two trips in Feb. 2006 and Feb. 2005. We will be going back in Feb. 2007. We love it! However, our adult children and some of our friends don't get the love affair with disney. We tell them to try it and they will also get "hooked". There is just something about being 50 years old and still be allowed to act like a child. I am trying to talk my DH into 14 days instead of the 11 days we stay but without any luck. Maybe for our 40th anniversary we can stay 14 days. Enjoy!

MAGGIED said:
- the more of them that stay away...the more room for us to play...

I love that philosophy!!! Think that will be my response to the nay-sayers around me from now on. ::yes::

Hey CJK, we get it. My wife and I just love WDW. We will be going back for our 13th stay in October and then we will be back again in December. There is no place like WDW for us. Once we enter the WDW grounds it's like all the outside world and it's problems no longer exist for us. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter