• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Yet Another 5th Gate Thread

If a 5th gate happens it would include Marvel stuff in decades after Disney is allowed to use it in parks, maybe a heros and villans type of park. Could also include all their non marvel lineup of course. I dont see a need to make a 5th gate yet. Still tons of room to expand AK, could move EPCOT into parking and the ball would be in the middle and not the front, and HS getting expanded now plus could do more later as well. MK could eat up some backstage areas and expand, and Tomorrowland could be nearly totally overhauled.

Universal isn't likely to give up the rights until Marvel has dropped considerably in popularity and if that happens it wouldn't make sense to build a third gate themed around it.

avatar isn't gonna be "thrill" rides…i hate to break it to you.

It's gonna be a river cruise and what looks like a more modern "soarin"….which is not a thrill ride.

Don't belive me? Ride it (soarin) and listen the responses of you're fellow passengers….i've done it many times. if there are any - its what i would describe as "cooing"…not gasps and shrieks.

That's how you gauge the ride. Not by the standby line or the PR ( i think they said it was "new" for about 8 years).

I agree on the river ride, but we don't yet know how much more there will be to the flying ride as opposed to Soarin. I agree it unlikely to be a high thrill ride, but if they add a larger range of ride vehicle movement it could turn out more thrilling then Soarin.

I agree on the river ride, but we don't yet know how much more there will be to the flying ride as opposed to Soarin. I agree it unlikely to be a high thrill ride, but if they add a larger range of ride vehicle movement it could turn out more thrilling then Soarin.

I don't think it's literally just "Soarin' with Dragons!". What little they have said implies a bit more than that.

funny, the "Soarin" principal would probably work great on multiple levels at Universal too with Harry Potter. (They may already do this, I don't know as I have never been there. Just saying it would be cool there too).

I worry about my blood pressure, but that's an entirely separate medical issue...

I don't do coasters. I suffer from vertigo due to some sort of inner ear imbalance and will get dizzy even climbing on a step ladder, that sort of stuff is simply unpleasant to me.

However I maintain that intensity and thrills have never been the primary draw for Disney. Or is someone going to try and argue that Pirates and Haunted Mansion are thrill rides?

Good news is you can do Gringotts and F Journey-they are less intense than 7DMT.

As for a 5th gate, sounds like we will be getting a "7th gate" a few miles away.

I don't care who spends Billions of dollars on my enjoyment to be honest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter