Yet Another New Yorker Noob

Nauf

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! Inspired by everyone else coming out :-)lmao: ), I thought I'd come out myself! :goodvibes

I've been lurking for a while, looking for information on this year's Gay Days and haven't really seen any. I have a bunch of questions I hope someone can help with. Like, when do people make their reservations? How long do most people go for? Any on-site hotel that's more Gay-Days-ier than another? What about going solo?

And what about that NYC meet pinned up above? Would that be open to newbies? (Hope that still happens!)

Thanks in advance for any/all information!

Welcome to the board!

I have no info on Gay Days. I have never been and most likely never will go. I don't like to be hot or in crowds, so that sort of rules it out.

GayDays.com is the official website for the event.

Sorry I couldn't help more. Maggie

Welcome!

I don't have any info either, but I wanted to say hi.

Where in NYC are you? I grew up in Williamsburg Brooklyn...way before it was gentrified..:scared1:

Gaydays are from June 2nd through 8th or so this year. A lot of people come down for the whole week, as there are activites around town each night. The actual "Gay Day" is on Saturday (the 7th) at MK. It is hot, and a little crowded, but also a blast.

My time off for that week has been approved, so I'll be enjoying the festivities (I'm local so no need to worry about room and travel LOL). Other than us locals, I know at least one other DISer who will be there, although I don't think he has made the official announcement yet ;)

Thanks for the responses, everyone! I did know it was the first week in June, but I really hadn't thought that through to its logical conclusion: June in Florida = hot! lol. Something else to think about.

Rosiep: I'm in Manhattan. I wanted to move out to Williamsburg ages ago, back when it was affordable!

Welcome, Nauf!! :grouphug:

We'll be in your neck of the woods in March. We're going to see Dolly Parton at Radio City, Young Frankenstein and The Lion King....we can't wait!! :dance3:

Welcome!

Fellow New Yorker here!

Can't help with the Gay Days thing since my better half and I have never been. Plus, we're not completely reliant on his schedule w/ respect to vacations since he teaches.

As for the New York meet, hells YEAH all newbies are invited! In fact, I'm going to post some dates and grab the bull by the horns.

Welcome!

Fellow New Yorker here!

Can't help with the Gay Days thing since my better half and I have never been. Plus, we're not completely reliant on his schedule w/ respect to vacations since he teaches.

As for the New York meet, hells YEAH all newbies are invited! In fact, I'm going to post some dates and grab the bull by the horns.

Anyone else want to go there?????:rolleyes1

My finger is poised over the Ban button.

untitled-4.jpg

Oh, and I forgot to add...
okra.jpg

Why I could look at the that bull all day long..but that okra :eek:

Totally LUV those adorable lil Scottish cattle (sans lipstick normally). The have the most endearing cowsonalities.

Gaydays are from June 2nd through 8th or so this year. A lot of people come down for the whole week, as there are activites around town each night. The actual "Gay Day" is on Saturday (the 7th) at MK. It is hot, and a little crowded, but also a blast.

My time off for that week has been approved, so I'll be enjoying the festivities (I'm local so no need to worry about room and travel LOL). Other than us locals, I know at least one other DISer who will be there, although I don't think he has made the official announcement yet ;)

Ahem.. I presume that finger is pointed at me..

The official press release will be coming out soon. I don't want to give the Pleasure Island Security Team too much advance notice. :eek:

To the OP's questions:

RE: Which WDW Resort for G/D

Well.. that all depends. In June of 2006 I stayed at Pop Century during GayDays and found a large number of guests staying there were taking in the festivities. In June of 2007 I stayed at Coronado Springs for G/D and it was definitely less populated with G/D guests than Pop Century was.

In June of 2008 I'll be at Pop Century again. Budget partially demands it.. but it was just more fun than Coronado Springs for me.

Knox

In June of 2008 I'll be at Pop Century again. Budget partially demands it.. but it was just more fun than Coronado Springs for me.

Knox

AKA "Conck always makes me pay for drinks so I have to stay at a cheaper resort to afford it" :lmao:

I'm very much looking forward to another visit. If you havent met Knox you should, he's one of my favorite people (and not just becuase of the drinks).

Thanks for the information. Saving on lodging to splurge on drinks sounds like a BRILLIANT idea. I just wonder how soon the hotel will sell out.

So I've been sitting here for a while trying to find something witty to say about okra but I can't! I just can't! lol. Is it the official side-dish of this board? Will it be served in abundance during gay days?

So I've been sitting here for a while trying to find something witty to say about okra but I can't! I just can't! lol. Is it the official side-dish of this board? Will it be served in abundance during gay days?

You could say it's the official side dish.. :rotfl2:

HOB ("Hot Older Brother" aka Rick) HATES Okra, so we like to tease him about it often.

You could say it's the official side dish.. :rotfl2:

HOB ("Hot Older Brother" aka Rick) HATES Okra, so we like to tease him about it often.

And he does this amazing dance that we refer to as the "Okra Strut" ... you might be able to see a youtube video of it if you looked around a bit. :rolleyes1

Now I'm going to run and hide before Rick bans me forever!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter