Yet Another Transfer Question

Showpony

Mouseketeer
Ok, I've printed out my designs I want to put on our shirts and they are waiting to be ironed on. My question is do I need to wait for 24 hours before ironing them on the t-shirts or are they 'good to go' tonight?? I've read about the vinegar rinse afterwords, so I'll do that once I'm finished.

Anyone have any tips for putting transfers on both the front and back?

Thank you all for any advice!

I am not sure about the 24 hour thing. In the past, I normally do it in stages - like print one day, trim either the same day or next and then iron the next. But I believe I have done all three steps in the same day before. Does it mention the 24 hour thing in the directions? If not, you are probably good to go.

When I have done something two sided. I simply placed a piece of wood inside the shirt when doing the second side. I have heard of others using a cutting board, wooden shelf, etc...

I hope this helps!

I have a question? What part of the print to you trim? I thought that you just ironed it on to the shirt. Will it make the shirt look better? Sorry I feel so stupid, I guess I should know this.
Thanks
Michelle:laundy:

I am not sure about the 24 hour thing. In the past, I normally do it in stages - like print one day, trim either the same day or next and then iron the next. But I believe I have done all three steps in the same day before. Does it mention the 24 hour thing in the directions? If not, you are probably good to go.

When I have done something two sided. I simply placed a piece of wood inside the shirt when doing the second side. I have heard of others using a cutting board, wooden shelf, etc...

I hope this helps!

Yes it does! Thank you Amy!

I believe I read on another thread probably on page 6 or 7 about leaving the transfer to set up for 24 hours before ironing it on the shirt. I think tonight I'll trim them since that's kinda a 'no brainer' activity I can do in front of the tv, and maybe tomorrow night I'll attempt to start making my creations.

Also, I didn't think about the cutting board in between the layers! Now that makes sense!!

Thank you again for the info!

I have a question? What part of the print to you trim? I thought that you just ironed it on to the shirt. Will it make the shirt look better? Sorry I feel so stupid, I guess I should know this.
Thanks
Michelle:laundy:

Hi Michelle!

Here's how I read it: if you are using dark transfer
paper on colored t-shirts you'll need to 'trim' around your design otherwise the un-used or un-printed white backgrounds will show on your shirt. I guess you could leave them if it doesn't bother you or if you think the look will be ok on your colored shirt. My assumption is that you'd need to trim close to the design so that there won't be any white background showing through. Does that help?? I'm sure someone else can explain it much better than I can cause right now I'm rambling...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter