Yet more questions....

mamawanavacation

Mouseketeer
Everyone has been incredibly helpful answering all my questions and so quickly too! Thank you!

My next set of questions is about points for cruises, etc.

Can I use points to take a disney cruise during anytime of the year, even the special itenerary cruises?

Are the points per person or per room?

Can you use points to get a cat. 1 or 2 room?

Can you use a combo of points and cash to pay for a cruise?

I have the same set of questions about using other resorts outside of Disney, or even other disney hotels such as the Disneyland hotel, and the Adventures by Disney.

I really appreciate the help you all offer, thank you!

Jan

Everyone has been incredibly helpful answering all my questions and so quickly too! Thank you!

Can I use points to take a disney cruise during anytime of the year, even the special itenerary cruises?

I have the same set of questions about using other resorts outside of Disney, or even other disney hotels such as the Disneyland hotel, and the Adventures by Disney.

Jan
The points are per person for the cruise, but we have done some on points and paid cash for some of us. You don't need to pay for everyone with points.

I'm not sure if you can get a cat. 1 or 2. I would have to ask my guide or ms.

Using points at other Disney resorts, like at Disneyland, it is per room ,per night. Not per person.

Adventures by Disney is points per person.

I hope these help.
Roger

Hey, Jan.

Yes, you can use cash/points for any and all Disney Cruises, even the special event ones, member cruises, etc.

Also, they do run "special offers" for DVC members for the cruises, sometimes, they have been at a much discounted point rate.

You will love it!

Feel free to PM me if you have other questions! I will gladly help!

Sorry to be the downer here, but just giving the usual disclaimer:

Yes, you can use points for cruises and other things. But there are two important things to remember about using points for non-DVC accomodations:

1. The point costs for anything but the DVC resorts are NOT fixed. They can and will go up. You may find at some point in the future that the point cost of the cruises has gone up enough that you no longer have enough points to cruise.

2. You will pay a $95 fee for any reservation you make at a non-DVC resort.

Jan

Jan - I don't know if you've called DVC yet to order a package that has the booklet with the point charts yet - but I found this package invaluable for helping to decide the number of points we wanted to start out with and to see the other booklet with the avail. trade options thru Interval Int'l as we do intend to "trade out" every so often too. The cruise charts are steep and they change annually. That said, we're cruising on points next summer and now we're out of points & I WANT MORE!!:rotfl:

We are a family of 3 - DS is currently 10 and we booked a 4 n. cruise on the Wonder for next July with points, which of course is a "peak" season. We banked a lot of our points from this year to go with all of next years points in order to have enough. In order to cover all 3 of us we only booked a Cat. 10 (deluxe inside category) as we managed to snag one of the "secret porthole" cabins (which is essentially "obstructed view" on other lines). I think the total point requirement for the 3 of us was like 392 or something. So that's kind of a lot of points for 4 n. But it kept approx. $3,200 in our pockets - and for us that was the point of buying DVC (to minimize our out of annual pocket vacation expenses).

Anyway, just know that the point charts for the cruises are a lot. I can't imagine how many points a Cat. 1 or 2 would require per person! The published charts for 2007 only go up to a Cat. 4. In peak season on the 4 n. it takes 244 points per person for the first 2 adults in the Cat. 4. On a 7 n Eastern it takes 401 pp for the Cat. 4. I'm sure they would let you book a Cat. 1 or 2 with points if they were available but I just can't imagine it would be worth using all those points like that.

I think on our future cruises after next summer, we will plan ahead more and will pay for our cruises with cash...I've actually already started saving for a cruise on the new ships!:) Using points to cruise is working out for us for next year, but it IS eating up a lot of points.;)

Actually when I booked our appointment with DVC here in Anaheim, the lady I spoke to told me she was going to send a DVD. I was really suprised when the next day I had a fedex package waiting at my door with this really nice heavy hard back book about the DVC. Talk about a brochure, lol!! It had everything we wanted to know in it, so awesome! Talk about making an impression!

I have a feeling we'll be using mostly cash for the cruises too, and using the points to stay at WDW a week before or after the cruise. But it's nice knowing all the options.

Thank you!! :goodvibes
Jan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter