YIKES!! Chocolate frogs not really chocolate!!

Sadly if you check the ingredients of several chocolate items, you're going to see these cheaper oils. I hate it but I'm not surprised.

I personally see nothing wrong with eating something with palm oil in it as a one time thing. It won't hurt you if it's just once. I can't see it tasting as good though even though the stuff not melting into a gooey mass in the heat is I guess a good thing.

I'll pass and just get another butter beer. ;)

Ghiradeli's is still there. a Dis friend was just there. McDonalds is gone maybe thats the confusion.

Ok, I know McD's is gone, I thought Ghirdeli's was gone or is next to go...Then again it could just be the chemo, but I have heard that their contract was up.

FWIW, we just returned from our vacation yesterday. I bought 3 chocolate frogs, 2 for gifts and my daughter wanted one.

Now, I will admit that I'm somewhat of a chocolate snob - i prefer dark chocolate and really like Lindt chocolate the best.

IMHO, the frog was GROSS. It didn't taste like chocolate at all, not even bad easter candy chocolate.

Now, I don't regret shelling out the $10 for it because my kid loved it and it really is the novelty of the thing that I was buying in to. I'm just glad that I saved my $10+ for a mug full of frozen butterbeer - yummmmmmm.

Also, we were in DTD and Ghirardelli is still there as of Friday :) Wish I had had the time to pop in for some real chocolate.

I apologize, I feel that I might be confused. If I see anything on it, I will let you know.

We got a frog, and carried it around the park for the rest of the day. unfortunately, it melted into goo by the end of the day. We went back the next day and told the people in Honeydukes about it.

Better to get your frog at night on the way out.

If I want gourmet chocolate, I go to Whole Foods and drop $7 on a Vosges chocolate bar (Wooloomooloo----sigh). If I want a special memory for a kiddo that is straight out of one of her favorite books I spend $10 on the chocolate frog, knowing that its charm is not in its flavor. :)

I got DS a chocolate frog this weekend. It does taste like any run of the mill "generic" chocolate candy. However, it is huge! DS is 12 and loves chocolate and has been eating on it for 3 days and it is only half gone. So there's really no way to eat 850 calories in one sitting lol!

The packaging is nice and the trading card very cool. We are putting the card, his wand, and one of our postcards in a shadowbox to hang in his room.

We got a frog, and carried it around the park for the rest of the day. unfortunately, it melted into goo by the end of the day. We went back the next day and told the people in Honeydukes about it.

Better to get your frog at night on the way out.

What was their response?

What was their response?

When I bought my frog the girl told me, "Remember this is real chocolate so it will melt in the heat." I kinda looked at her like, uh....duh! Guess they are supposed to say it because people are upset that they melted :confused3.

Common sense dictates that chocolate and 95 degree heat don't mix. But I guess that's like putting the warning on the iron not to use it on clothes you are wearing :rotfl2:. Someone will do it and then berate the seller for their own lack of common sense.

Ok, I know McD's is gone, I thought Ghirdeli's was gone or is next to go...Then again it could just be the chemo, but I have heard that their contract was up.

Whoa, what? Are you ok?

Do you remember waaaay back in the molokai gram days when I mistakenly call you notJUSTa tourist?:pYou quickly corrected me, lol.

When I bought my frog the girl told me, "Remember this is real chocolate so it will melt in the heat." I kinda looked at her like, uh....duh! Guess they are supposed to say it because people are upset that they melted :confused3.

LOL. It's even funnier because they're NOT real chocolate. Lame, Universal. Lame.

Ummmm:confused: Am I missing something? Universal TMs are warning people that chocolate frogs will melt in the extreme heat that is Orlando. You carried the frog around in the heat and it melted. And then you went back to complain about it the next day?

And somehow, it's Universal's fault that chocolate melts, and now they are lame?

Am I missing the sarcasm in these posts?

I personally see nothing wrong with eating something with palm oil in it as a one time thing. It won't hurt you if it's just once. I can't see it tasting as good though even though the stuff not melting into a gooey mass in the heat is I guess a good thing.

I'll pass and just get another butter beer. ;)

If you read the ingredients to most pre-packaged items you consume (including cereals, hot chocolate, flavoured coffee creamer) many of them contain palm oil or coconut oil - Canada is worse then the US but seems the US is changing alot of ingredients and going the same way. It's frustrating for this mom with the weird kid who is allergic to palm/coconut and spends 4+ days vomiting and feeling crummy if he gets any.

Common sense dictates that chocolate and 95 degree heat don't mix. But I guess that's like putting the warning on the iron not to use it on clothes you are wearing :rotfl2:. Someone will do it and then berate the seller for their own lack of common sense.

Okay, you use common sense. Sadly, others don't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter