Yikes... IKE

A Mickeyfan

DIS Veteran
OK here we go again... Ike is on his way...:scared1: and it looks like he is heading towards me... gee, dejavu
Ok.. Fay ruined my trip with my family coming from NY. I cannot get the time off that I wanted since I have a hurricane make up day to make up. I did request to have the day off & the principal did give it to me. However, I cannot have the other days with it.. So I can have a long weekend only.. but better than nothing. I get to see my family from NY but no HHN opening weekend.. that will be my only time with my family.. the long weekend.
Next hurricane make up day is Oct 27th. I plan on doing HHN on Oct 26th.. I have my ressies for my hotel already.. I have already requested the day off, the 27th in the event I have to have a hurricane make up day...:thumbsup2 I planned ahead this time... So I will be up on Oct 24th then home on the 27th... even if we have a make up day... :yay:
Now I just have to pray that I don't get hit really hard with Ike... :sad2:

Ike is still out there a distance.Lets Hope for the best.But the future track is not looking good at all..

The worse part is when it hits the Carribean it can get real strong..

I'm keeping a eye on this one myself!!!

Not that far from what our local news is telling us. They are telling us to start preping now. They are going to start evacuating the Keys tomorrow for all tourist.. I know it is still a little bit out there but we are in the cone.. and when in the cone you have to prepare for the worst, you just never know..... I am down the south end on the Gulf side of the state... along with some other posters from this board... :scared1:

204613W_sm.gif

My fear isn't the wind.. but the floods.. we still have some in shelters from Fay!!!! My home is 7-8 ft above sea level..:scared1: You can hide from wind, but you need to run from water.. that is the bad thing being on the west side of the storm. The surge. By the time you know about the surge, it can be too late to try and get out of here. We are so far down and on the coast, that is why they tell us to prep...
Sometimes I really wish I purchased my home a bit more inland. While I am not (my house) on the water, I am on a Cape.. surrounded by three sides of water... on a street that usually floods. I have canals every other block in my area & the Gulf isn't too far from me (Pine Island Sound & Caloosahatchee River are just 5 miles each +/- from my house) My area was lucky with Fay. I have my flood insurance policy sitting here that I have to pay too... ;) It is due Oct 8th...

Flood insurence,I live on a river.They wonn't even talk to me about that..

My opinion on insurance,well this is a family board.So*&!*-*%@+!!

As a new resident of Miami, I only have 1 thing to say: Go South Ike, Go South!

I'm in South FLA and this has me worried too. The thing is I'm suppost to be at US and IOA next Friday so hope this hurricane goes further south. We don't need more of a mess this year for the state of Florida.

I just got my power back on from Gustav and I just returned to work after 4 days of not working because of no power, and that was unpaid days.
We do not need Ike or Josephine coming anywhere near Louisiana. these stupid things can and do go where ever they want. I dont mean to put any other part of the gulf coast in danger but i can do without another hurricane for a while.

I just got my power back on from Gustav and I just returned to work after 4 days of not working because of no power, and that was unpaid days.
We do not need Ike or Josephine coming anywhere near Louisiana. these stupid things can and do go where ever they want. I dont mean to put any other part of the gulf coast in danger but i can do without another hurricane for a while.

I just saw the latest update on the path.. I am looking somewhat ok now. I am still in the cone, but I do not want to tell you what direction it looks like it might be heading if you just got your electric on from Gustav :scared1:
Start watching this storm.....:eek:

The cone is shifting to the west which is good for FL, however, it is looking more like a Gustav track... something the Gulf states do not need right now. Not that anyone needs a storm, but you all know what I mean.

bilde.jpg

Ugh this makes me freakin sick. The path looks like it could take it to around new orleans which is about 200 miles east of me. But they dont need that either. Baton Rouge really took a beating from Gustav, some parts wont have power for another 14 to 21 days. And they are closer to New Orleans than I am. :sad2:

Looks like, by today's path predictions, that the only day with a good chance (and even then it's only 15% at the moment) of high winds and rain in Orlando is the 10th, which is good for me because my trip doesn't start until the 13th. We'll be packing the ponchos etc. just in case though!:confused: Here's hoping this storm doesn't do much harm to anybody. Rain rain go away!:yay: (<--rain dance)

Sarah
Me :surfweb: DH :hug: DS (9):banana: DD (7) princess:

Looks like, by today's path predictions, that the only day with a good chance (and even then it's only 15% at the moment) of high winds and rain in Orlando is the 10th, which is good for me because my trip doesn't start until the 13th. We'll be packing the ponchos etc. just in case though!:confused: Here's hoping this storm doesn't do much harm to anybody. Rain rain go away!:yay: (<--rain dance)

Sarah
Me :surfweb: DH :hug: DS (9):banana: DD (7) princess:

I hear you on this, I hope this storm down grades to at least a TD (no storm at all) and no one is hurt by it... now lets get on with the rain dance....:yay: The next song on our program is "Oh Mr. Sun Sun, Mr Golden Sun, please shine down on me" ;)

Ugh this makes me freakin sick. The path looks like it could take it to around new orleans which is about 200 miles east of me. But they dont need that either. Baton Rouge really took a beating from Gustav, some parts wont have power for another 14 to 21 days. And they are closer to New Orleans than I am. :sad2:

Have not seen you post since the storm..Hope no damage came from it,other then power outages..

4 days from work is hard--If we get hit I'm glad I'm on salary-commision!!

But the latest cone has this(IKE)heading possibly your way:sad1: So take care and be safe!!!

hope that IKe is not going too hit the cajun country like its Tina (bad joke I know)

Have not seen you post since the storm..Hope no damage came from it,other then power outages..

4 days from work is hard--If we get hit I'm glad I'm on salary-commision!!

But the latest cone has this(IKE)heading possibly your way:sad1: So take care and be safe!!!

hope that IKe is not going too hit the cajun country like its Tina (bad joke I know)

:rotfl: omg...yes bad joke. :rotfl2:

We have had no damage to the house...we mostly have to pick up the limbs and branches in the back yard, but i was holding off on that till I see what Ikes gonna do. It looks like Galveston might take the hit this time. :confused3 but you never know with hurricanes, they are unpredictable. We could get a little rain and maybe some wind but not enough for power outages.(crossing fingers, toes, legs and arms)
Some good did come out of this though...I knocked something off my bucket list...We did end up evacuating to Memphis (not during the hurricane, but for badly needed air conditioning the days after) We went to Graceland and the famous Beale St. We actually drove longer than we stayed in Memphis :sad2: but it was something to do to get away and we had fun. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter