Yikes! The Blue Man Group ?????

disney's daughter

DIS Veteran
OK...I thought I had it all planned out..perfectly...Getting together all my information...Got the 12 Sea World Tickets...Bought 12 tickets to Universal/IOA.....Called Reservations....for a hotel on Universal site...Was planning to purchase tickets for the Blue Man Group.....WHOA!:scared1: We will have a 70 year old...followed by 64, 60, 57, 42,39.38.33, 15, 11,10, and 8 year olds.....I was all excited as just by watching videos and previews...I thought I would really enjoy the show....But,...I am worried about 70 year old brother in law...How would HE react to it? I mentioned it to my sister...who is the 64 year old...and suggested that perhaps, he watch a video...(youtube) and see what he thought...She said he probably wouldn't even be interested in watching the video....and did I really think he wouldn't like it? Well..it's a toss up, I guess....How "lively" is it ...in person? I wouldn't want him to go and hate the show from the beginning until the end...If they stayed back...my husband and I would probably have to stay back, too...I'd feel bad if everybody else went on, including us...OK...How LOUD is it? :3dglasses.....Do you think it would annoy him?

Ironically, my mom and dad, who are 64 and 66 respectively, were up to giving it a try; however, I am 28 and one couldn’t pay me enough to see them in concert. Everyone has such different tastes that to some – it’s music, while to others – pure cacophony. Having your relative watch the youtube, would probably be the best solution and it will allow him to at least have an idea what it sounds like. I personally don’t find them entertaining as I feel very fortunate to have seen and heard music, classical, contemporary and interpretive, that cannot be even compared to BM. But hey, to each his own!!

Everyone has such different tastes that to some – it’s music, while to others – pure cacophony.
I thought I was the only one who used that word! I have pulled out that word when describing some of the bands I have had to run sound for in my job as a soundtech!

While I will have to respectfully disagree with you as far as the BMG, I appreciate the use of the appropriate word for your thoughts on their music!

From Dictionary.com
ca·coph·o·ny

1.harsh discordance of sound; dissonance: a cacophony of hoots, cackles, and wails.
2.a discordant and meaningless mixture of sounds: the cacophony produced by city traffic at midday.
3.Music. frequent use of discords of a harshness and relationship difficult to understand.

I think the older crowd would like it. Its just enough subtle comedy, and different music.
I would definately go for the middle line seats though, and no poncho zone:thumbsup2

We saw them in Feb this year. We had some older people behind us that looked less than empressed by it all. I remember thinking that my mom (age 70) wouldn't like it at all. It was way too loud! I would say that if your older guests are pretty hip (do they use that word anymore) then it will be okay, otherwise pass.

It's starting to sound like I should have them (and my husband and me) pass on it and just buy the tickets for the rest of them...? If it is really that loud, I'm afraid my brother in law wouldn't find it appealing....He wouldn't see the point of the whole show...:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter