Yo-ho-ho, sailin, sailin, 3 night Wonder on 12/17/09

I like Mickey's Merry Mates. We finally broke down and told the kids they are going with us. They are soooooo excited! We had big family hugs and screams of happiness!

It looks like 3 pm will work for the meet. I'm fine with meeting at pool or lobby. My youngest is 9 so I don't need to keep a constant watch on her. If you have younger kids, do you have a preference of pool over lobby? Last cruise I went on someone made games for the kids and icebreakers for the adults. I really enjoyed it but it was work for someone and taking easy route of just meeting and gabbing is fine with me. Should we have name tag stickers so we can write our name and AKA DIS forum name on it for the meet?

Great photos posted! They really get me thinking of warm weather and great surroundings!

Namsupak - just noticed you are going on the maiden voyage! Lucky you! I would be on it in a heart beat but it gets harder to arrange the trips as the kids get older in school. I just moved my placeholder 7 day cruise to spring break 2011 but I do plan to check with onboard cruise bookings on our 12/17 cruise about switching things around! 7 days spring break or maiden voyage??Right now they cost about the same. We get less days on maiden but it is the MAIDEN VOYAGE!

I think Mickey's Merry Mates is winning! :)

In case anyone wants to add me on Facebook (as I am a regular on there) please feel free to. You can find me at pgsahm @ gmail.com (omit the spaces).

It's coming up quickly!

I too like Mickey's Merry Mates. The original 4-day cruise we had booked was "Mickey's Merry Cruisers". I liked that name but I like Mates even better.:thumbsup2

Picture%20164.jpg

I like Mickey's Merry Mates!

I can't believe it is almost time! We just got our Santa hats with Mickey ears in the mail from the Disney Store. Still no docs yet.

Does anyone know what time the "drill" is and the sail-away party? Is that somewhere around the time of our 3:00 meet?

We are going to be at Palo Friday 6:30. I think I saw someone was going to be there at 7:00 Friday. I can't wait for the calamari.... and everything else!

dceks cruisers- you should def switch to the maiden voyage. Then we can do 3 cruises together! :goodvibes We are so excited to be a part of a maiden voyage. We had considered doing another longer cruise, but you only get 1 chance to do the maiden voyage:thumbsup2 I vote switch. It's already super exciting over on the MV thread and we still have more than a year.

The drill is usually at 4 and sailaway is after that.

I also look forward to calamari at Palo. It's the best I've ever had!

We have 17 days til heading to the World and I still have so much to do. First I have to get passed Thanksgiving at my house tomorrow. Then I can hopefully concentrate on the other stuff that needs to be done. What was I thinking planning a trip during our busiest time of the year?!!! LOL

Happy Thanksgiving! We'll be on the cruise before you know it :banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana: After today it's time to start getting things together and start packing :laundy:

Now that Thanksgiving and Black Friday are over, it seems like the days are going to crawl by. We are ready to fly to Orlando! We're taking my parents and 3 friends (all new cruisers) and we get SO excited whenever we describe the cruise to them. We're spending a couple of days before and after at WDW, but I have to confess that the cruise is the highlight of our trip!

I think I'm beginning to talk like Dory from Finding Nemo! This trip will be sooo fun! We will soon see the Wonder lobby! Woohoo!

:fish: Dory: [interrupting] Ooh! Ooh! Ooh! I'm so excited! I've always wanted to see... "The Little Mermaid"!

Whenever I get on the backside of Thanksgiving I feel like I can concentrate on Christmas. But this year I have to get Christmas DONE before the 12th! Yikes!

Remember: FE Exchange sign up ends tomorrow!!!

Next week I hope to finish all of the FE shopping and sorting. Plus I have t-shirts that still need to be made. Wish me luck!

Has everyone been assigned a room number now?

Neriberi- i know what you mean. We're bringing MIL and SIL on their first cruise and it's so exciting to explain everything to them. They're going to have a blast!

pgsahm2- I think I'm just going to do magazine subscriptions and gift cards for everyone since everything has to be wrapped up so early. Plus you can get some really great deals at magazines.com right now. Especially if you go through upromise. That might take away a lot of the stress for you :goodvibes

We hit up Carter's hard on Black Friday so Lorelei has all sorts of new clothes. Today we're taking her to get pictures taken and go pick up some other things we'll need for the cruise. Hopefully it's not too crazy out there and we can get through the traffic.

All gifts are wrapped and under the tree as of earlier this week.:thumbsup2 Knew we wouldn't have time as we will be gone Dec. 11-21. Most of the gifts we bought the kids for Christmas are trip related therefore they are wrapped and in the suitcase. Packing is proving a challenge. I've never packed for seven days on land and 3 days on a cruise before. I think we are going to make a suitcase that is specific for just the cruise so it can stay closed during the land portion. Yesterday went out and got all the essentials. Bonine, cough drops, pain med., etc. There was not one bottle of sunblock at Walmart. Can you believe that? I asked three different people and walked all over looking for it. Guess I should have taken care of some of this at the end of summer.:goodvibes

Just saw it today. It was a very cute movie! Hopefully it will be showing on the ship because I would definitely recommend it. I actually won't mind watching again.

Fe list - latest and greatest!

I have all room numbers except from Captain Jack. Let me know when you get that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The cut-off date was on November 22. One month to sailing, this will give us enough time for shopping.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Families that would like to participate in the FE Exchange  Let me know if you’d like me to add or remove you. I did consolidate information for this list to give you numbers of families, and children, and room numbers. I only compiled this list based on who actually said “yes” to the FE question in this thread. If I overlooked you, I’m sorry! I’d be happy to update all information. And I can’t wait to get all the gifts together. My 3 year old son is going to have a BLAST walking around and leaving surprise gifts at your door!! 19 DAYS TILL CRUISE TIME!!!!

DIS NAME: pgsahm2
ADULTS - 4 adults, Amanda and Shawn, Vickie and Gene
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) - 3 kids, Braxton- 10, Camden- turning 8 on 12/17, Dawson- 3
Room Number - 2143

DIS NAME: pgsahm2
ADULTS - 2 adults Vickie and Gene
Room Number - 2145

DIS NAME - canuckgal
ADULTS - 2 adults - Michelle (me) and my husband James
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) - Sadie who will be 8
Room #6094

DIS NAME - BoogasMom
ADULTS - Amy and Todd
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) - Brandon will be 9 and Carson will be 6 when we cruise
Room # 6002
My boys would love to participate in the FE exchange so sign them up, too

Dis Name - Margo in Cinci
2 Adults: DH - Steve and Me - Margo
DS - Fred 10
Room # 6132

DISNAME - cbmeadors
Adults - Brett and Deaven
Kids - Sophie (9) and Jake (7)
Room - 6032

DIS NAME(s) - degrapevine
ADULTS - David (43) and Rose (39) - Celebrating 20th anniversary
KIDS - Leaving 'em at home w/the Grandparents!
Room # 2510

Dis Name~Capt. Jack
Adults~Gary & Charlene
Kid~Gillian (will be 10 at cruise time)
Cat 12 GTY so no stateroom # yet.

DIS NAME: PrincessDuck
ADULTS Chris and Daisy Swords
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) Meghan 6 years and Donovan 3 years (their first cruise)
Room # 7001

DIS NAME(s): cruiseorrs
ADULTS: 2
KIDS: 1 son (Marek) 3yrs old
ROOM: 2558

DIS NAME(s): pmama
ADULTS, 2 - Dustan, Brooke
KIDS, 2- DD9(Hope) DD5 (Faith)
ROOM: 2612
EXTRA: This is our first cruise, can't wait!
FISH EXTENDER: YES the girls are so excited for this.

DIS NAME(s) Tweet
ADULTS 2 Schulget/Boes
ROOM: 2137, 2139
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) Eric 17, Sam 17
STATE Illinois

DIS NAME - Fatima1922
ADULTS - 2 adults, Fatima and Kenny
KIDS (AGES WHEN SAIL) - Amaya - 3
STATE - NJ
ROOM: 2068

DIS NAME - momster24
ADULTS - 2 Adam and Dawn
KIDS - DS, Aydan - 7
STATE - Florida, (south)
Room #2500

DIS NAME - Neriberi
ADULTS - 2 Rob and Angela
KIDS - Annabel (2yrs old)
Room # 6134

Momster I think I got the same little christmas hat for my little one. The santa hat with Mickey ears and their name on it?

I am now really ready for this cruise! After getting back from our Thanksgiving trip Im ready for some cruising pampering! Not long now, only like 19 days. 2 and half weeks!

I love the name Mickeys Merry Mates. Very cute!

Hi, all!

Well, my DH and I are really looking forward to this cruise - Just the two of us, ALONE! We went on a 7 night in June w/our 3 kids, then DD and I went on a 3 night in July (Summer with the Stars - We met Corbin Bleu and the Sonny with a Chance cast [minus Demi L.]), and I just returned last Thursday from a 4 night w/DD and my mom. So this is my 4th cruise this year (blame the FL Resident rates!), but the first one w/o kids ... just DH and me celebrating our 20th anniversary. So, if anyone has any questions, please ask away!

This will be my 8th Disney cruise and I've probably encountered most anything you could imagine. We are looking forward to the FE exchange and seeing smiles on other people's :) kids' faces! I think it's funny seeing some of you already planning what you'll be packing ... I know I was that way on my first cruise, but after 3 already this year, we'll probably just be throwing things into our suitcases the night before (except for the FE gifts, which I need to get cracking on!). Best advice I can give is not to overpack and to bring your own bottled water and alcohol (especially wine or beer) in a soft sided cooler (no ice). Any more questions? Ask away!

Rose :)

Okay, I have questions about the fish extender. What are the general rules for the gifts? Any rules for passing them out? Just do it when we have time? I just want to make sure that we don't do something extremely wrong with this. The kids are going to have a ball with this!

Daisy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter