• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Yo Ho Yo Ho, A Pirates Life For Me!

Scratch42

<font color=navy>I Owe, I Owe, so Off to Work I go
Went to see POTC tonight! Four thumbs up! I took DD also, even though it was PG13 and she is 11, she had her hood up for the scrary parts!

What a way to spend the evening; Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom! Yeah Baby!

We stayed to the end and whilst reading the credits got a kick out of seeing that one of the Pirates was named "Scratch"!

Yo Ho Yo Ho, "But why the Rum!"

Scratch
:smooth:

I have got to see this! DH is very keen on seeing it also. Maybe I should bring my niece and nephew with us! They are 10 and 8. Do you think it would be too much for them?

Glad you liked it, Janet! :)

YO Ho Yo Ho- Orlando Bloom for me! LOL

We took our kids 14, 13 and 9 and nothing scared them and a friend took her 8 and 6 yr old girl and said only one part was a lilttle much for her( I can't tell you), but they loved it.

There were a lot of kids there last night!

The best part was in one of the scenes ( I won't say which one) but when someone walked behind DD, she jumped!LOL

Scratch
:smooth:

We went to see it on Tuesday with DD 14 & 10. Even the scary parts were made with humour, so it wasn't quite so frightening.
Overall, the movie was GREAT! The scenery was wonderful and the storyline was refreshing. Very funny and I have a new respect for Johnny Depp...he was just perfect as his character......yes, yes, my daughters tell me that Orlando Bloom was perfect too:) . POTC is a must see, Disney fanatic or not.
Canadave
ps. it is fun to watch for the scenes and references to the attraction at WDW

I wasn't to sure about taking my daughter who is 7 but after hearing your comments about it I think she will be able to handle it. She wants to see it in the worst way!! Thanks everyone.

Loved it too! Went for the 2nd time today and my DD has been 4 times already! So much humour in it and it was better the 2nd time! Johnny Depp was amazing and I couldn't get over how much the girl in the movie looked like the girl who plays Queen Abudallah (?) in Star Wars!

Went to see POTC tonight. Wow!!! Johnny Depp is amazing! It was great fun picking out different things from the ride. I was on the edge of my seat for some scenes. If you haven't gone.....what are you waiting for?

I'm waiting for my niece and nephew to come home from the cottage!! :p :) I need them with me, in case I get scared! ;) :)

Saw it on Sunday night in Barrie...sold out all night...it was a blast!!!!My 9 year old daughter loved it (Johnny Depp is her favourite...mine too!!!!) Rumours have it that they're making another one!!!!I hope so...I still haven't got my fill of Captain Jack Sparrow!!!! YO Ho YO Ho Ho A PIRATES LIFE FOR ME....get back to typing ye scurvy dogs!!!!!:Pinkbounc

Sorry guys but Queen Amadalla is played by Natalie Portman and the girl in the Pirates film is played by a new acteress by the name of Kiera Knightley...they definately look alike, that's for sure but they're not!!!!:confused:

I am not sure about the decoy part though!!!!! Now I'll have to pass this dreary afternoon watching the star wars movie again!!!!Fun!!!

Kiera Knightley is in Star Wars, she is the Queens decoy Sabe. S

I went to see POTC a second time with a friend on Tuesday night and it was an older crowd from when I first saw it with Dan and Tim at the matinee. There were a lot more people at this showing and I'd say everyone thoroughly enjoyed it by all the laughter. I love that soundtrack, I'm going to have to buy it!

The first time I went I stayed right til the end and was surprised by the little clip and kept telling my friend we had to stay to see it. Unfortunately they turned on the lights and cut the picture right when it was to come on, although you could still hear sound, because they had to get the next audience seated. :(

This time around I was able to take my eyes of Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom just enough to catch some things I missed the first time. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter