Yo Ho Yo Ho a Tipsy Life for Me - A November '17 Dining Adventure - Complete 5/27

I'm way behind so it may take me a few days to catch up but I am committed!
Wow, you were committed. Now you may need committed, or at least detox after all those second hand drinks, but I really do appreciate you sticking with me :-)

Very nice photo!
Thank you!

Look at that face! LOL
She was most definitely not happy.

I didn't know they got rid of it again! I was not a fan in June but I wonder if I would like the Pepper jack one better.
Hopefully they bring it back because the pepper jack was not our cup of tea and the pooper demands pretzels be eaten !

what a fun thread… you've got me re-thinking my upcoming food thoughts for December.
Thanks so much for eating along with us :-)

I keep thinking about this mac-n-cheese. I love mac-n-cheese. But like you, I like different varietals of cheese in mine.
It's good, but if you like variety then I would skip it. I make my mac n cheese with gruyere, cheddar, and just a hint of blue cheese so I'm never a fan of just cheddar.

See, I grew up on this type food. I don't get it as much as I used to but anytime there is a family function I do. So I'm not in any rush.
I can see how you aren't in a rush to eat it since its not a novelty for you. For someone who grew up on Italian and Czech food it is a total gluttonous luxury!

Okay, so I must be pretty basic bc I have never had truffle fries. Tell me more so I know if I want to upgrade to them in October.
Have you had truffle or truffle oil before? If not its hard to describe other than its amazing and awesome. Some people say it tastes like mushrooms, but as I hate them I think they couldn't be further from that. Its more of an earthy, sort of garlicy taste and on fries its perfection!

Yeh, I'll probably insist on the water table if at all possible.
Good plan!

Besides both adults in my party loving this, my 6.5 yr old does as well. I had left it off our one park day in June and was rudely told I needed to get it on the list. Oops. Currently re-working things....
Sounds like AJ and Casey would get along wonderfully!

Another non-milk drinker in the world!
Good to know I'm not the only one in that club. I haven't touched the stuff since I was probably 4.

I'll be curious to see how my kids do. We are mostly doing it for rides and atmosphere (we are doing the Halloween party) but I want to see the Boo To You parade and Halloween Wishes, if possible.
Your kids certainly seem better at getting through non-rides than Casey who doesn't even want to watch fireworks.

My husband likes sushi...me, not so much. I suppose it is the raw fish? Though I enjoyed those tuna tacos at WCC. Goes to show that enough condiments and accompaniments can open one's mind, I suppose!
You should start with the cooked rolls and use those as your gateway drug :P

Oh my goodness! How utterly precious is that???

Yay! I caught up!!!
Thanks, Casey definitely was precious as a toddler.

Thanks for hanging in there with me. Now pour yourself a drink :drinking1

To start with we ordered the Tuna Ponzu with Truffle Oil and Yuzu-Ponzu Sauce.
Wow! That tuna looks amazing!

Up first we have Tropical Roll which is a Salmon and Avocado Roll topped with Fried Plantain and Mango-Sweet Chili Coulis.
This is definitely on my list for our anniversary trip!

Lastly we have my favorite the Firecracker Roll, which is a Tempura Shrimp Roll with Wakame Salad and Jalapeno finished with Eel Sauce, Shredded Red Pepper, and Sriracha drizzle.
Mmmmmmm!

After lunch we hit up Mitsukoshi for some candy to take home for Casey.
I have a standing order list from the boys, they all love their Japanese candy! I am looking forward to introducing it to Clare this summer.

I showed Bill your photos from Tokyo Dining and it is now firmly on the list for our anniversary trip. You know, the trip that is still 14 months away but it is never too early to start planning, right???

We enjoyed both!

Yes! I should be starting soon, just working a bunch to make up for lost time!
Great! I'll keep an eye out

I'm in the no-milk club as well, though it's not terrible if you add vanilla and sugar! :laughing:
Except if you don't care for vanilla either o_O

Wow! That tuna looks amazing!
It was so good, but I'm a sucker for anything truffle!

I showed Bill your photos from Tokyo Dining and it is now firmly on the list for our anniversary trip. You know, the trip that is still 14 months away but it is never too early to start planning, right???
Not too early at all!!!!!

The Christmas Redemption

After a busy day at Epacot we headed back to Caribbean Beach for a little pool time before catching an uber to Yacht Club or ya hot club in my notes which I think I might like to visit. The last few trips our last dinner has been at the Yachtsman Steakhouse and not wanting to break from tradition, or amazing steak, this was a last minute no brainer. Casey and I were apparently very excited about the steaks that you cannot see in the picture above us.
IMG_4665.jpg

To start with I channeled Ariane's (aka @ariane37) husband Steve and went with a Moscow Mule.
IMG_4667.jpg
I'm a sucker for ginger so this hit the spot.

I am however not a sucker for brown ale's so Jason could keep this brown concoction all to himself.
IMG_4668.jpg

We of course also got some of Yachtsman's amazing onion rolls with garlic and butter, which are unquestionably the best rolls on property.
IMG_4670.jpg

Now before I go further my pictures from here on out are horrible as it appears we were eating dinner in the midst of a sauna. As I was pulling pictures I had no idea why this was the case and then I found this video that we had no idea even existed. Apparently my "sauna" was actually my toothless wonder's fingers. Apologies for the length of the video, but if you didn't have a feel for my girls' personality yet you do now!
Oh and side note the first part of this became one of Casey's many catch phrases for the trip as she felt the need to sing the Caribbean Beach bus stop names.

Ok onto the Casey-fied pictures.
IMG_4672.jpg
Casey and I shared with Black Angus Filet Mignon with a side of potatoes au gratin. As always the steak was amazing and cooked to a perfect medium rare. I have no idea what Yachtsman does to render all the juices into the steak, but these continue to be the best I've ever had. The potatoes were good too and ooey gooey cheesiness, but no where near as amazing as the steak.

For his entree Jason went with the 16oz Prime Ribeye with a side of beef fat potatoes
IMG_4676.jpg
I hate fat so I'm not a ribeye kinda gal, but Jason loved his steak as well. I do however like me some beef fat potatoes as these are also a thing of wonder with Beef-fat Butter, Marbled Potatoes, and Crème Fraîche.

We also got a side of Butternut Squash Risotto with talian Sausage, Delicata Squash, Rapini.
IMG_4674.jpg

I love Risotto, but unfortunately this one was a disappointment. Now I'm totally down with some al dente risotto but this bordered on undone and was in desperate need of some salt. It had a nice curry flavor to it, but there was so little sausage and rapini included you couldn't enjoy a cohesive bite.

To wash our steaks down we of course needed to indulge in some nectar of the grape gods.
IMG_4669.jpg
Grgich Hills was a winery Jason and I visited on our honeymoon in Napa 10 years prior, so it was not only a great tasting wine but a welcomed trip down memory lane.

Overall Yachtsman continues to be one of our favorite restaurants on property. Despite the risotto fail, the steaks are quite simply perfection and the best we've ever had. Service this time was a bit off as our server per my notes was an "*** but attentive" (keeping it classy) but I had wine and steak so what did it matter.

After dinner we boated over to MGM to check out their Christmas decorations and I was enthralled. From the projection show on tower of terror, to snow on hollywood blvd, and lights on all the palm trees, MGM at Christmas was everything my inner 6 year old needed.
IMG_4682.jpg
It was the perfect last night and I even loved the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam show, not that I knew who the characters were but hello there was Santa, fireworks, and Christmas music everywhere.

I was completely shocked at how much I loved MGM Christmas (even more so than MK, blasphemy I know) but Jason commented on the way out the more Christmas throws up the happier I am. So I guess you could say MGM vomited Christmas all over me and I loved every minute of it!

Our perfect evening ended with our girl doing this...
IMG_4691.jpg
While Jason and I finished off the last of our hummingbird cake and wine.

Up next, we make the most of our rainy last day...

s. Apologies for the length of the video, but if you didn't have a feel for my girls' personality yet you do now!
That video is awsome! And the ending with the finger.... Gwen has been watching uTube videos and then making her own... Pretty sure Casey and Gwen were separated at birth.

Ok onto the Casey-fied pictures.
img_4672-jpg.319777
It's just a new filter setting... the Casey Filter.

Overall Yachtsman continues to be one of our favorite restaurants on property. Despite the risotto fail, the steaks are quite simply perfection and the best we've ever had.
I know you guys never do the dinning plan. I wonder how it works if you are on the dinning plan. I know Morgan would LOVE her a good piece of steak. And I think I want to try for a couple signature restaurants next time.

It was the perfect last night and I even loved the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam show, not that I knew who the characters were but hello there was Santa, fireworks, and Christmas music everywhere.
You should try and catch the shows this Christmas. They are really cute. Probably my favorite after Rodolph.

So I guess you could say MGM vomited Christmas all over me and I loved every minute of it!
Ha! It's even better that someone else did all the decorating!

So cute. Gwen has Angel as well. I actually ordered the giant one from Disney Store awhile back when it was dirt cheap. I am saving it for her birthday.

To start with I channeled Ariane's (aka @ariane37) husband Steve and went with a Moscow Mule.
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

It was the perfect last night and I even loved the Jingle Bell Jingle Bam show,
I loved it, too! I've never seen Prep and Landing (not that you know who I'm talking about) however the show just has such a Christmas-y feeling :goodvibes And since I love HS and love Xmas, I think it's a win.

I believe we're going to Yachtsman in Aug. It'll only be our 2nd time and the first for the boys and I know Chris will be in meat heaven lol

Your pictures from Yatchman's are making me hungry & I just had lunch an hour or so ago. Great choice on the filet & potato, that is my entree at YSH. Sorry about the server. We have had a good run with our servers at YSH.

Yep, Yachtsman continues to be one of our favs too (and Cali Grill of course)...Damn, I wish I would have picked up some steaks this weekend. My mouth is salivating at the pictures of yours!!!! But, chicken it is tonight...:-)

ya hot club
Ooh, I wouldn't mind visiting here, too. Maybe we could get a bus full of Disers and make it a whole event :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Yum, yum, and yum. I'd have eaten the whole basket I'm afraid.

Apparently my "sauna" was actually my toothless wonder's fingers.
:rotfl: You and Jason are two lucky ducks - 40 minute wait time for a ride? No problem, you have your very own entertainment!

Grgich Hills was a winery Jason and I visited on our honeymoon in Napa 10 years prior, so it was not only a great tasting wine but a welcomed trip down memory lane.
:goodvibes

our server per my notes was an "a$$ but attentive" (keeping it classy)
We expect nothing less of you! :snooty:

Jason commented on the way out the more Christmas throws up the happier I am.
:laughing: I'm the SAME way with Halloween. The vomitier, the better. I legit want ghosts and witches and pumpkins barfed up over everything! Clearly, I'm also #keepinitclassy :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Apologies for the length of the video, but if you didn't have a feel for my girls' personality yet you do now!

:rotfl: When she got to the nose-plugging bit I lost it!

Overall Yachtsman continues to be one of our favorite restaurants on property. Despite the risotto fail, the steaks are quite simply perfection and the best we've ever had.

Yummm..... :goodvibes We're going to try Yachtsman for the first time this August, and I'm pretty excited about it. Nathan's a big fan of le Cellier, and I definitely have had good meals there, but everyone keeps telling me we need to get steaks here instead.

First of all. Let me start this reply with a song... "triiiiinidad noooorth, trriiiiiiinidad southhhh" I am laughing my butt off in bed and R is just side-eyeing me :rotfl:

Oops posted too early... quotes coming in next response (I hope)

ya hot club in my notes which I think I might like to visit
Yeah I would like to visit that resort too!

We like to call it the "yatchet" (rhymes with ratchet) club a la the 1942 film The Palm Beach Story

img_4667-jpg.319774

I am however not a sucker for brown ale's so Jason could keep this brown concoction all to himself.
Looks like us. I love a nice cocktail served in chilled copper and R loves beers so dark they are practically a meal in and of themselves...

We got these super cool Moscow mule mugs at a shower that look like stemless wine glasses but they are insulated thermos type double wall copper mugs. They are amazing! My mom got them for us, probably at home goods. Based on your love of stemless wine glasses I bet you'd like them too.

And I was so sorry to read about your first baby. :hug: I don't know what to say as it's a terrible loss. Thinking of you guys for sure.

Apologies for the length of the video, but if you didn't have a feel for my girls' personality yet you do now!
Umm. I don't know how to save this video as a favorite so I will just be back here all the time to rewatch it. I love that your phone is her personal mirror! And ohhh this song!

I love Risotto, but unfortunately this one was a disappointment.
Ugh it sounded so good! What a disappointment!!!

Oh you fancy huh?

After dinner we boated over to MGM to check out their Christmas decorations and I was enthralled. From the projection show on tower of terror, to snow on hollywood blvd, and lights on all the palm trees, MGM at Christmas was everything my inner 6 year old needed
You are not the first this week to mention how great MGM was at Christmas so I'm definitely putting this on our must see list!! But I really miss the Osborne Lights. Like a lot :sad:

MGM vomited Christmas all over me and I loved every minute of it!
I love the imagery and I love your happiness and I love Christmas so I am DEFINITELY definitely making a point to enjoy this!!!

Lovely steaks and a great bottle of wine! Too bad about the risotto but at least the stars of the meal are good. No fun about your server either! Your note makes me laugh.

MGM did have the most Christmas Throw Up This Year! Although still not as good as the Osborne Lights. I'm still bitter about that even as a huge Star Wars Fan.

Funny that you say that, because when I saw that you ordered a Moscow Mule, I thought to myself "I hate ginger, so I would never order that."

We of course also got some of Yachtsman's amazing onion rolls with garlic and butter, which are unquestionably the best rolls on property.

Those, however, look heavenly. I am a sucker for garlic.

That was too funny! She seems like such a fun kid!

I love Risotto, but unfortunately this one was a disappointment. Now I'm totally down with some al dente risotto but this bordered on undone and was in desperate need of some salt. It had a nice curry flavor to it, but there was so little sausage and rapini included you couldn't enjoy a cohesive bite.

Boo to undone risotto! I adore risotto, but when it's done right.

I was completely shocked at how much I loved MGM Christmas (even more so than MK, blasphemy I know) but Jason commented on the way out the more Christmas throws up the happier I am. So I guess you could say MGM vomited Christmas all over me and I loved every minute of it!

That's good to know! I'm not sure when we will make it down during Christmas decoration time, but maybe that will make up a little for the Osborne lights being gone.

Great update! We’re dining at Yachtsman on our next trip; can’t wait. Thanks for the honest review of the risotto. DH makes the best risotto I’ve had, to date, and that includes this weekend's artichoke and chicken risotto at Steakhouse55 at the Disneyland Hotel.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter