Yoga at Disney?

ryanmilla

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if they offer yoga classes anywhere at the DVC resorts or all of WDW for that matter? My DW and friend were wondering that for our upcoming trip in April.

When my DW asked me that, though, all I could picture was some new Goofy instructional episode...."Goofy does Yoga" or something like that. :lmao: She didn't appreciate it as much as I did. :rolleyes1

Does anyone know if they offer yoga classes anywhere at the DVC resorts or all of WDW for that matter? My DW and friend were wondering that for our upcoming trip in April.

When my DW asked me that, though, all I could picture was some new Goofy instructional episode...."Goofy does Yoga" or something like that. :lmao: She didn't appreciate it as much as I did. :rolleyes1

The Beach Club offered yoga classes every morning on the beach at 7am when we were there in December. It was a wonderful day to start the day.

The Beach Club offered yoga classes every morning on the beach at 7am when we were there in December. It was a wonderful day to start the day.

That would be a nice way to start the day. Thanks for the info.

funny, I was wondering about this same topic the other day but didn't think disney offered yoga so I didn't bother to post. If the Beach Club REALLY does have yoga on the beach in the mornings, the could be just one more thing to push me over the edge and purchase a resale there as opposed to the other DVC resorts.

wow! thank you! Yoga on the beach at disney? what a beautiful thing! :thumbsup2

I :love: that!! Wouldn't it be hilarious to see :goofy: and maybe :donald: trying to do yoga and leading a class? :rotfl:

I still can't get that image out of my head. I would go just to see that. :lmao:

I think goofy could probably do ok, but we all know there is no way that donald would be good at it.. I mean, well..... just physically speaking... with his short little legs and stuff... :rotfl: :lmao:

We participated in Beach Club yoga in December as well. It was lovely and so relaxing. The instructor gave me the impression that this was a permanent fixture. I wish they would offer it at some of the other resorts as well.

How do you find out more info on the BCV yoga? Is it included in the check-in packets (like in a calendar of events or something)? We are staying this Aug/Sept and I might want to check it out.

Yes, the information is included in your welcome packet. I think it was three days a week at 7 a.m.

Thanks everyone for the info. Hearing that BCV had it, I went ahead and gave them a call. Here is the skinny on the yoga.

The spa at the BCV (Ship Shape....hehe) offers yoga 7 days a week on the beach at 7am-8am. The session is free and open to Beach and Yacht Club guests. However, DVC members staying at other resorts are allowed to join for free as well. Oh, and Goofy does not teach the yoga class.

Also, in case someone was wondering, a taxi from AKV to BCV is $13 one way. Since we won't have a car, my DW will need to taxi over there for the morning session.

Thanks everyone for the info. Hearing that BCV had it, I went ahead and gave them a call. Here is the skinny on the yoga.

The spa at the BCV (Ship Shape....hehe) offers yoga 7 days a week on the beach at 7am-8am. The session is free and open to Beach and Yacht Club guests. However, DVC members staying at other resorts are allowed to join for free as well. Oh, and Goofy does not teach the yoga class.

Also, in case someone was wondering, a taxi from AKV to BCV is $13 one way. Since we won't have a car, my DW will need to taxi over there for the morning session.

Thanks, we are staying at the Boardwalk and I might just have to do this a few times on my trip. I'm usually up too early at Disney for the rest of the family, throwing on some shorts and walking over for a stretch sounds like a good idea.

thanks for calling and finding out the info! Did they laugh when you asked of goofy lead the class? :rotfl2:

This is great news! I never really thought about it being offered before but I'll definitely do it the next time we're down there. Thanks so much for the info!!! Namaste....:goodvibes

I'm going to give it a try in 66 days when I'm at BWV! Woohoo! thanks for all of the information everyone!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter